“Excellent..just few small things to improve” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point

Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point
bristol
“Excellent..just few small things to improve”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

We went to this beautiful place this year, April during our month-long Philippine-holiday. Stayed for one night, booked for two rooms. Amazing location. Very Greece-like, location was quiet, just perfect for us. Also, casino is nearby which is a plus for some of us,haha...Location wise, about 2 hours away from the Dagupan City Pangasinan. Very approachable and friendly staff around the hotel area and always happy to answer questions or address further needs to the room. Great room facilities, Sea Side View. Didnt try the bar so can't comment on that. Breakfast included with the room and it was definitely 5-star. It is actually a star-studded place...we saw some politicians and known government employees, celebrities etc. Also, bikes are free to hire to explore the resort's compound. Golf course in situ, though we didnt use this facility. Great great great place and will defintitely come back!

Casino- Free food&drinks-but beware, due to high demands, choices ca be limited-but can't complain for FREE food! Great restaurat within the casino, though can be slightly costly for some. Live band playing at night. Hundreds of slot machines and several tables for those who fancy playing cards etc. Low start of bet available for those who just want to have fun!

constructive criticisms:

-There was 4 of us in the room and yet there was only 1 toothbrush and 1 small toothpaste given, and two pairs of slippers -.- however this was immediately resolved when we informed the receptionists delivering further towels and other toiletries etc. suitable for 4 peope!There was also a complimentary bottled water kept/delivered straight to your room everyday.
-Casino: well, great atmosphere just encountered few arrogant players though we just ignored this. Casino staff- though majority of them were polite, they needed to brush up on their professionalism, one male staff who I asked for help regarding slots gladly helped me indeed but after few hours later, sent his female colleague asking for my no. -.- and wont take a No for an answer until I said I'm engaged (clearly a lie).

Over all, would I recommend the place, yes!

Room Tip: what you see is what you get, believe what you see on their website, £60 or more depending on season...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank miztybooty
, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear miztybooty,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay and appreciated the service of our staff. We are proud to share your praises with the whole team.

We appreciate your constructive criticisms and these have been seriously noted by the General Managers and concerned Department Heads. Rest assured that your comments will be addressed to avoid similar incidents from happening again. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused you during your stay.

We thank you for your patronage and we look forward to the pleasure of being of service to you and your family again.

Hotel Quality Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Paranaque, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here because of a promo in a credit card. We just rode a bus going to la union via partas. They have no free shuttle so minus points. We rode a trike and jeep. We should have taken the paid shuttle instead. The room had 2 beds. No bathtub just a beautiful shower. Great toiletries, vmv hypo. awesome views from the room and around the resort. pricey foods though but the complimentary breakfast is good and plentiful. the beach portion is not so good but the sunset is a catch to take picture of. service is superb. try the grill buffet dinner, delicious! pizza is ok. Overall i will return here with my family.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
Dear msaber,

Thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel last May 2012. We are happy to know that you had an overall enjoyable stay with us and appreciated the views from the room and around the resort. We are proud to share with the whole team your praises particularly the breakfast and pizza. This will definitely motivate them to keep up the good work.

On your next visit with your family, kindly contact me directly and I would be glad to assist you with your reservations. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family in the near future.

Subic, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

My family just had a 2 nights stay at Thunderbird Poro Point, and I say that from our arrival the staff from the guard to the bellboy and the reception were all very pleasing and very friendly. I myself am very particular about the service because this will tell a lot about the place. Then we were led to our room, the room is quite big that the two beds fit the family of four (2 on each bed),
the bathroom is nice and so is the nice view from our room (which was on the 2nd floor). My kids love their stay ,2 days of swimming. The food is great, although we tried to sample some Ilocano fare outside the hotel. The beach was ok but some parts are rocky. We get to try the jetski. And from the suggestion of your friendly staff, we tried surfing at nearby (20 mins away) San Juan Kahuna Resort.
To tell you frankly, some of my friends who happen to went there, were not happy for some reason or another and tried convincing me to get a refund. But my family were all rearing to go that postponing it would spell disaster. But contrary to their experience, mine were totally GREAT. I will definitely try this place again. TO THE STAFF OF THUNDERBIRD PORO POINT,
MY HATS OFF. THANK YOU. From Benjie (stayed in your hotel from June 1-3,2012)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Benjie B
Dear Benjie B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We were happy to know that your kids also enjoyed their stay particularly the pool. Your kind words are most gratifying and have been shared with the whole team. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

We look forward in welcoming you and your family again soon. On your next visit, kindly contact me directly and I would be glad to assist you with your stay with us.

Thanks,
Taguig City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Havent been to Greece but from the pictures I have seen, the structure and look of Thunderbird looks like it. The room was big and the 2 double beds were comfortable, the bathroom was very nicely made, with black stones placed on the side where the water flowed down, there was a veranda where you have a nice view of the ocean. The swimming pool had a wonderful shape, with water falls on the side, there was kiddie pool right beside the big pool. The beach down the road, accessible only from the hotel, was secluded with little waves. My daughter loved the place although it is a 6-hour drive from Manila. We ate once at the hotel and went out and tried the restaurants in San Fernando. Loved the Iloco halo halo which was in the outskirts of the hotel. We also tried their casino, but it was very small compared to others.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank franchesca112
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Dear franchesca112,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It was a pleasure to know that you had an overall enjoyable stay in our hotel and particularly liked the bed and the view of the ocean.

We are proud to inform you that we will be expanding the Fiesta Casino soon. We will be adding an extra 1000sq meters to the existing casino which will provide additional gaming space. This expansion will also add more spacious stage and entertainment venue which will enable us to bring bigger and more prominent entertainers and international style shows to further delight our guests.

We sincerely hope that we’ll have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back again. On your next visit, kindly contact me directly and I would be glad to assist you with your reservations.

Mandaluyong, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

Who says you can't find Greece in the Philippines? In fact this is just a few hours drive from the Metro. Honestly it was a long drive but when you enter La union's Poro Point you will feel the magic seeing the architectural design that was almost like Greece!

The weather in North Luzon was expected to be not just hot but humidity adds to it's breeze. The view that will woo you from the cliff to the ocean will simply shout WOW! Pictures doesn't give justice to this place.

Sunset view was simply romantic. Overlooking the view of the pool the veranda shows more attitude and character of the Hotel. No wonder this place is always fully booked.

They offer free Wi-Fi services in the whole resort. So being connected to the "outside" world is as simpke as 1-2-3!

Rooms are spacious and comfortable, the beds are heavenly! They have VMV for their toilettries and have their own sleepers.

Food was not perfect but yummy enough to satisfy my palate. Services was excellent with staff who are very accomodating and smiling. Comfort is what they offer.

Overall i can rate it Excellent if not for the long hours of travel.

Room Tip: All rooms offer a view. But for a more dramatic view get the rooms on the upper floors to enjoy the...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank charitycn76
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Dear charitycn76,

Thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel last March. It is encouraging to know that you had an excellent stay with us. We are proud to share your praises with the team as this will certainly encourage them to keep up the good work.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future. For your next booking, kindly contact me directly and I would be glad to assist you with your reservations.

Batangas Province, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

My husband and I spent our 10th year anniversary here last week together with another couple. The place is very nice specially its pure white and blue motif but quite unfinished due to continuous developments. We were prebooked however our check in took quite a while as the rooms weren't ready yet. We decided to eat lunch first at Olives. It was a nice restaurant which serves quite an array of food. I got disappointed however, when I got served the wrong entree. I ordered a Bolognese Lasagna but was served a Vegetarian Lasagna. The waiter who took my order (I failed to get his name, he was tall and a bit on the light side), instead of being apologetic, insisted that that was what I ordered which is impossible because I am not a vegetarian! But then my husband said it was fine with him so we did not send back the pasta. I wouldn't have minded had the waiter been apologetic. The pizza, however, was great!
After lunch, we still waited a good 20minutes after 2pm before we finally got our rooms. The room was very nice, with a good view of the sea. The bed was too soft. It would be more comfortable if it were an orthopedic mattress.
The bathroom was really nice, with a rainshower and bidet! I just didn't know what the large space was for (a bathtub, probably?). Toiletries were VMV and Colgate products. One letdown, though, was that there were no floor mats nor hand towels which is quite unusual for a hotel. There was only one set of toiletries in the bathroom but we were given another set when I asked for it. Kinda funny, though, that they had to ask how many occupants were there. I mean a room which is good for two should automatically have two sets of everything, right?
We had a good night sleep, specially after winning at the Roulette.
After a disappointing lunch at Olives, the breakfast was satisfactory except for the very small buffet area. It would have been better if the buffet was in a more spacious location. But the food choices were fine.
Overall the experience was great and I wouldn't mind spending another vacation here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chumadle
Dear chumadle,

Happy 10th year anniversary and congratulations for winning at the Roulette!

We are happy to know that you had an overall enjoyable stay with us. Your kind words have been shared with the whole team and this will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work. However, please accept our sincere apologies for the incident with the waiter. Our General Manager and Human Resources have been informed and rest assured that appropriate action will be taken to address this matter.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in our hotel soon. On your next visit, kindly contact me directly and I would be glad to assist you with your reservations.

Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

If you are from the North and have an excess of cash, this is a great place to go, just like Fort Ilokandia. But if you are some 300 kms away, don't waste your time and gas here.

Yes, Thunderbird has a nicely designed building with nice and big rooms, has nice view of the sea (but not the beach, from our ground floor room), nice swimming pool and very spacious open space. But the beach is just a small strip of golden sand.

I am glad that we only booked an overnight stay and that we stayed another night in the surfing area of San Juan, specifically Kahuna Beach Resort.

Thunderbird is all thunder, no lightnings.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear ironman816,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We appreciate your feedback and it is unfortunate that you are not happy with the size of our beach.

Although we are not a surfing destination, we are looking into having some tie-up packages with surfing resorts to address desires of our guests to be fully delighted with surfing experience. We are happy that you appreciated our buildings and rooms as well as the panoramic view of the sea our property prides of. We are pleased to inform you that we are coming up with various activities in the property for kids and adults staying in our hotel so our guests can fully enjoy our available facilities and services.

We sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back again soon. On your next visit, kindly contact me directly and I would be glad to assist you with your reservations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Fernando La Union
La Union Blue Marlin Resort
#1 of 9 in San Fernando La Union
The Circle Hostel La Union
Puerto Del Sol Beach Resort

Been to Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point? Share your experiences!