“Clean and Fresh!”

Thunderbird Resorts & Casinos - Poro Point
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The resort sits on top of a peninsula, Poro Point, overlooking the South China Sea. The resort has a golf course, a small beach front and a nice pool. There are not a lot of hotel rooms making the resort quiet and devoid of rowdy crowds typical of other beach resorts. The Grecian inspired architecture is clean and fresh, and transports you to the Mediterranean region. Definitely recommended for a relaxing weekend getaway!

Room Tip: all the rooms have an ocean view
1  Thank Alvin A
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts & Casinos - Poro Point, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Dear AlvinAgustin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us. It is good to know that you had an overall enjoyable stay with us.

We hope to welcome you and your family back again soon. On your next visit, please do not hesitate to let me know and I would be glad to assist you with your reservations.

Sincerely your,

Reviewed April 19, 2012

We, a family of four, were there for an overnight stay during the Holy Week. We wanted to stay longer but we booked late so we were able to get only one night but it was enough to enjoy the resort. The room was big and clean with a sea-view. Very nice resort structure and well maintained grounds. Nice pool, great food, great breakfast buffet. Everyone was polite and helpful.

Booking was very convenient through the internet. Required deposit was only 10% payable with a credit card. Check in was not exactly 2PM so we had to wait but they have a waiting room and they serve lemongrass iced tea (which was great!). Check out was fast.

There was a DVD player in the room but we didn't have a need for it so we didn't bother to check about available movies. Toiletries were from VMV. The only thing I found weird was there was this space in the bathroom, like maybe it was for the bath tub that did not materialize.

They have at least two lifeguards by the pool and there was a red cross assistance booth.

It's kind of far from Manila but if you are on your way to other places like Baguio or Vigan, this is a great stopover.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts & Casinos - Poro Point, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Dear RCMM,

It was great to know that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel and particularly liked our breakfast buffet and service of our staff. It is always encouraging to know that our guests are happy with our facilities and services.

We hope that we would have the pleasure of being of service to you and your family again. On your next booking, please do not hesitate to let me know and I would be glad to assist you with your reservations.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Stayed with my husband & son last March 24 to 26. Upon entering the gate of the resort I was amazed with the cleanliness of the surroundings in spite of the on-going construction of villas around the area.. I felt I was in a small part of Greece with all the white buildings & villas around. The lobby is simple but elegant and we were welcomed with a refreshing lemon grass drinks after a long drive from Manila by their friendly staff. We were billeted at Room 201. Our room was spacious and I think can accommodate 3 pax, with great view of the beach, basketball court as well as the infinity pool. They have a small table & chairs in the corner and two long tables to write on or to put your things, cabinet and a free Wifi which is a must for my son. They also have complimentary bottled water & kisses chocolates which they replenished everyday. Coffee is also available for free. A mini bar & other food & beverages are also available but not for free of course. The bed linens and pillows smells freshly cleaned and so with their towels unlike in some resorts. The bathroom was big and clean except they don’t have a bathtub for their Standard room which I think is a must in every high end resort like Thunderbird. Nevertheless, I love their toiletries (shampoos & soaps were VMV products) and their Housekeeping staff were nice & accommodating and they never fail to ask if we are comfortable or if we need something.. They replenish our toiletries everyday without us asking and not all high standard resorts do that. The restaurant is small but they have variety of foods for their buffet breakfast and I noticed the restaurant staff were courteous and alert with the needs of their guest. For our dinner, we ordered beef tenderloin, carbonara & fish fillet which were good. On our second night we decided to have our dinner at the casino restaurant. They have more food choices & the staff are also well trained like in their other resto. They have free transpo if you plan to go to Vegas Casino. If you are a beach lover Thunderbird La Union is not the place for you since the beach is not for swimming due to the rocks and sea weeds around. But they have a boardwalk where you can walk, run or do some exercises early in the morning or late afternoon. They also have a basketball court, a golf course kiddie pool and infinity pool which is big, well maintained, not too deep and safe even for the kids. They also have live band I’m just not sure if they perform everyday.

My family loves to travel & we’ve been to different hotel/resorts in the South & North Luzon and I can honestly say that the experienced we had withThunderbird is the best - excellent service, cleanliness of the rooms & surrounding areas & the best trained staff. We are planning to visit Thunderbird Rizal soon I just hope I will have the same service I experienced with their La Union Resort. But for the meantime, our next stop will be One Tagaytay Place. Will keep you posted.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper better request for a room that is far from the veranda where the live ban...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank maan24
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts & Casinos - Poro Point, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Dear maan24,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice for your stay last March 24 to 26. It was a pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and appreciate the service of our staff. Your kind words have been shared with the whole team and will definitely motivate them to keep up the good work.

On your next visit in Thunderbird Resorts, kindly contact me directly and I would be glad to assist you with your reservations. We all look forward in welcoming you back and being of service to you and your family soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

I am an avid fan of thunderbird poro point. But with the hotel booked to capacity, the reservations officer suggested trying the rooms in their villas. BIG MISTAKE!!! I searched through all the reviews to see if anyone had previous experience staying in these rooms. Couldn't find any. Tried to look for pictures of the rooms... None posted in their internet. So I asked their reservations officer and was told that the size and layout was the same as in the main hotel.

Well, they say experience is the best teacher. But I guess when on vacation, I prefer to have pleasant ones! The room given to us had a fantastic view. It was one of the 4 rooms in the same villa. The toilet sink was probably not in the best position. It seems it was meant for a kitchen sink. Only one mirror- just as long as you get the hang of drying your hair sideways, it was bearable.

The bed is thunderbird's famous comfy bed. So why couldn't we get any sleep?
It was HOT! The air condition just didn't have enough power to keep the room cool. Of course, its side positioning could also explain why it was cooler to stay near the desk than in the bed.

How did we finally get to sleep? We moved the beddings to the floor..right beside the desk.

I take great pains to ensure a good vacation for my family but this time...my daughter asked if the room was cheaper than the ones we usually get. Sad to say... It was the same rate as the previous rooms in the main hotel building.

Well, I will be back. I find this resort still the best in the area. The scenery makes you feel it was worth the long drive, but next time...I will be sure to stay in the main hotel building. Trust me...it is cleaner too!

Room Tip: The other people staying in the opposite side of the villa, said it wasn't as hot on their side...
2  Thank butterscotchQC
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts & Casinos - Poro Point, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Dear butterscotchQC,

We would like to thank you for your continuous patronage of our hotel. It is because of people like you that we always strive to make our services and facilities better.

It is with sincere regret that we note your dissatisfaction during your recent stay with us. The experience you have been through does not in any way represent the quality of standards we strive for. We have taken serious note of your comments and rest assured that concerned Department Heads have been informed to rectify these matters. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

On your next visit, kindly contact me directly and we would be more than glad to arrange your stay with us. In the meantime, if I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

the resort was great! the architecture was so greece-like... the room was clean... we even had newspapers in the morning... it was great for picture taking... it could have been the better if the pool was deeper or the beach was clean... we went there to celebrate my parent's silver anniversary and was disappointed that we couldn't enjoy the beach... but the view did compensate for this...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank ap0lz
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts & Casinos - Poro Point, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2012

Dear Dhen88,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your parent’s silver anniversary with us. We are happy to know that you liked the view and found the resort great.

With regards to your suggestion on a deeper pool, rest assured that this will be considered in our future renovation. We sincerely appreciate you bringing this to our attention therefore giving us an opportunity to improve.

We have taken serious note of your comment regarding the cleanliness of the beach. The General Manager and concerned Department Head have been informed to address this matter. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused you.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back soon. On your next visit, kindly contact me directly and I would be glad to assist you with your reservations with us.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

to have TBR Poro Point in my list last year was another dream-come-true. Thunderbird Rizal is just my neighbor,I can walk to its gate for 10 minutes from my village Saint Monique Valais so its understandable that I am always in the vicinity of TBR Rizal, this one is a bit more elusive. Aside from I have to travel longer to get to La Union, the published rate for Poro Point is also more expensive. When you get to see the resort in person though, you would understand why. It's a standout in this part of Northern Luzon. As a matter of fact it's the only Santorini inspired Resort in the area.

When I said Thunderbird Poro Point is a Santorini inspired Resort, I mean it in every way. All that is about the resort could make you think you are somewhere in the Meditteranean. It's not just about the dome and the architecture of the main lobby and the hotel itself,the corridors, the paintings on the wall, the furnitures, the curtains in the room, the tiles on the pool, the pots are all Santorini themed. Even the towels in your room or the pool are in white and blue stripes.

The rooms, flawless. The beds and pillows, soft as ever. The best beds I have experienced so far.Be warned, the room could be so comfortable you might not want to leave. But there's a lot to explore outside so be sure to fight the temptation.:D

I had very good memories of Thunderbird Poro Point.

Room Tip: the resort is new so don"t worry so much about the rooms. they have the best bed and pillows ev...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank pusangkalye
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts & Casinos - Poro Point, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Dear pusangkalye,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and particularly liked our beds and pillows.

We look forward in welcoming you and your friends back in the near future. On your next visit, kindly contact me directly and I would be glad to assist you with your reservations.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

we stayed for 3days and 2nights last 0ct2011.The place is really relaxing and the view is awesome.the room is perfect, staff are very nice....excellent super!Hope to get another from dealdozen......

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Juris04
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts & Casinos - Poro Point, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

Dear Juris04,

It was a pleasure being of service to you and your family. We are glad to know that you had an overall enjoyable stay with us. On your next visit, kindly contact me directly so I can assist you with your reservations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Fernando La Union
Villa Soledad Beach Resort
La Union Blue Marlin Resort
La Union Blue Marlin Resort
#1 of 9 in San Fernando La Union

Been to Thunderbird Resorts & Casinos - Poro Point? Share your experiences!