All reviewsolives restaurantinfinity poolporo pointpizzala unionbeach areabeach clubdeluxe roombuffet breakfast isbasketball courtrain showerthe south china seaworth the priceoverlooking the seacomplimentary bottled watercompany outingsan fernando
Reviewed May 2, 2011

When I was about to leave Thunderbird Resort, I am already thinking of the day when I will come back! Despite the 6-7 hour bus ride one way going to this resort from Manila (you can actually book a flight via Zest Air), I can say that I have been to the resort with the most breath taking view ever!

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and 2 days. Yes, my companions (all 60+ of us) arrived here at around 11 pm in the evening after a long bus ride from Makati. Six hours into the bus ride, every one of us in this group was so tired and demoralized but after seeing the very well-lighted hotel from a distance, everyone was just shouting with joy! It’s so beautiful at night from afar that’s why everyone is saying, it’s worth the trip already!
At the reception lobby, we were all greeted by the very accommodating staff. Though we were a big group, registration and getting our keys was a breeze! After the welcome drink (which somewhat taste like powdered soap hehehe!), we were escorted to our rooms. I was at awe upon entering my first floor North Wing Room! Two big queen sized beds, LCD TV, a big desk, and we have a balcony (never thought that we will have that in the first floor!). The bathroom was huge and there is still room for a big tub! Toiletries were top class being from VMV Hypoallergenics. Sleeping is not a problem since I had one of the most comfy bed of all time!

When I woke up the first I thing I did was to open the curtains and I was so happy to see the glistening South China Sea view. Poro Point is so breath taking! Breakfast was served at Olives Restaurant and it served a typical Filipino buffet menu plus the usual staple of dim sum, cereals, and fresh fruits. Lunch was a buffet of sumptuous Mediterranean food served at Patio Santorini. Service was really great and the waiters are very attentive of all my needs especially the refilling of the much needed ice tea! What I like the most is the freshly baked banana bread and cookies, this hotel need to have bakery where they can sell this stuff! I am enjoying all of this while checking my Facebook and e-mails as the hotel offers Free WIFI connectivity!

What I love the most aside from the view is the great service that the men and women of this hotel gave me. I had to go to church service on a Saturday night and they made it really easy for me. They research the nearest chruch of my religion (INC) and found the best schedule. The shuttle ride from there to the hotel vice versa is just for P500! It was truly amazing!

Over-all I had a terrific time in the company of friends and hopefully I can be back together with my family. Thunderbird Resorts, I shall return!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank crispypata
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Last year, one of our multinational client had their product launch in one of their function rooms. This hotel was OVER RATED. They were just lucky to be on that location. The sound system are poor and it took a very LONG time for the technician to assist us. We had to do several follow ups. The marketing officer was stupid enough to leave her cellphone at the public restroom and obviously it got lost. She even accused one of our team member of stealing her cellphone. She was really unprofessional for acting like that. PM snacks were served during the event, AND WE WERE REALLY SURPRISED THAT THEY SERVED US EXPIRED CANNED SOFTDRINKS.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
7  Thank AbeNcar
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I just came from Thunderbird Poro Point for a long weekend. I am so sorry there are some who didn't enjoy their stay but for us it was simply amazing! We wanted a place to relax and unwind and we got this from this resort. Elegant, very comfortable, beautiful place. Very picturesque too.There was an air of tranquility around the place because area was huge and with just a few rooms (although there were several things going on that weekend), we didnt feel that it was crowded. Jan, the receptionist, was very helpful, as well as the other staff. If this was only closer to Manila, we'll surelly be coming back very often!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank tes2003
Reviewed March 15, 2011

We arrived at the hotel earlier than 2pm. When i was at the front desk, the receptionist (a guy or gay) asked me to take a seat first because he was attending to a client. we were waiting for ages but there's this new guest who arrived and he immediately accomodated her. Then another guest arrived..The girl receptionist instantly talked to him. So, i stood up fall in line and said "ang tagal naman, kanina pa kami dito!" When it was my turn, she asked me to pay the full amount which i obliged. But my friend told me that they were not asked to pay.
In all fairness with the other staff they were all courteous.
On our second night, i learned from my friend that they have microwave oven in their room. I asked the front desk with the same guy or gay and a girl if i can request for a microwave in our room for the my baby. i explained to them why we needed that. They told me that they cannot give in to my request coz the oven is intalled in some rooms only..ok...fine...then i asked them if they can transfer us in another room that has a microwave oven. The two of them told me that they are fully booked so they cannot give us a room. so i just said ok...then head back to our room.
We woke up the next day (tuesday) for our breakfast..the crew said they don't have buffet for that day because of limited guests..So, meaning the two front desk clerks are not telleng the truth. they just didn't want to heed our request..
Now, i can recommend this hotel to my friends and family if not for the two front desk clerks..
We enjoyed our stay there..The pool staff, restaurant staff, the lobby staff, housekeeping were all excellent...

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank EllenDy
Reviewed January 24, 2011

We initially reserved 2 rooms, since we were 2 adults, 2 teenagers & 1 child; but we were pleasantly surprised that we could all fit comfortably in one room. The 2 beds were queen size and very comfortable. The wifi was very fast - maybe because they have limited number of guests only. The other room amenities were very good.

To me, it's basically a place to unwind & relax - where you can have an unstructured time. You can play golf, swim in the pool and beach area (which is private to hotel guests), read a good book etc.

The food is quite good - not spectacularly good - but not bad at all. I recommend the oven-fired pizzas - four cheeze and ilocano especially. It's a bit pricey, but okay considering you're in a four-star place. If you're in the saving mode - I suggest a quick drive to San Fernando and try the fastfoods there. I recommend the Halo-Halo de Iloko (see my review on this). By the way, buffet breakfast is complimentary to guests.

Their resto has a great view of the south china sea, makes your meal extra special

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family