“Convenient quaint Hotel - the Malayan Plaza”
Review of The Malayan Plaza

The Malayan Plaza
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Pasig
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

The ambience was homey the location so near everything one would ever Need Or want, I wanted to live forever at the Malayan Plaza. Sure enough there was a chance. It was a condotel. You could get yourself a unit and register it to
Get booked When you left.

Imagine living with the comforts
Of Home right in a hotel. Doesn't get Much better than this. And breakfast Buffet really rocks. Get out of the hotel and a Pancake House entices you to lunch. Walk always to the East and restos brightly welcome you to plan your dinner.

Outside these restaurants a park waits to lend its warmth as you walk to relax after dinner.

Stone throws away Is El pueblo a gang of restaurants of all shapes and sizes. The Malayan Plaza is a great place stay. O

Stayed: July 2014
TMP-FOM, Front Office Manager at The Malayan Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the comment composed of wonderful words. We are pleased to know that you had a comfortable stay with us and you deeply appreciate hotel's served food and our central location.

Thank you again for the amazing feedback. To have you forever in Malayan Plaza will be our great pleasure and we're all looking forward to see you

Reviewed July 6, 2014

A week before our stay we had a bad hotel experience. So I lowered my expectation so as not to be disappointed. But it turned to be a pleasant, relaxing and comfortable stay. I initially booked a Studio Superior room but was then upgraded to Superior Twin Deluxe free of charge. The room is really spacious. With a little kitchen with microwave, refrigerator, electric stove and electric kettle so you can cook you're own meal. A small bathroom with it's rain shower, I feel like I don't ever wanna stop taking a shower. The beds are really comfy I ended up waking up late. With it's reasonable rates, helpful staff and big & cozy rooms you can never go wrong with Malayan Plaza.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Heart-warming it is to read your positive feedback. Hotel team is indeed enraptured from knowing that we are beyond than what you expected.

You can be sure that your feedback has been taken seriously and we are always after on making our guests feel better. We are delighted to share that we are currently having renovations on rooms to provide our guest a more memorable stay.

Thank you again for staying with us, we'll be glad to have you back in the future!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have stayed here several times as will certainly stay again whenever I am in manila. superb location with 3 shopping malls and numerous restaurants within walking distance . very good rates and friendly , helpful , efficient staff . small gym and nice open air pool area . rooms are spacious and have good Wi-Fi connection .

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the good words about our hotel and service. It is very uplifting to hear the kind words of yours. We are very happy to know that you are generally pleased from our rooms, services to vicinities.

Rest assured, your post is to be shared with the team. Sure enough, this will inspire them to always give out the finest service they can ever have.

'CERTAINLY' to have you in the hotel again is a delight to us. Sincere thanks for your great review.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I had an event Last November for the Baptismal of my daugther. With the wonderful help and assistance of Ms. Jackie, the event was succesful. She gave me the details on how, where and what are my options were for the event and where is the place to held it with. Every thing went well aside from when I was about to pay or give initial deposit. I went on Malayan around 10PM I guess with my husband on a motorbike. I just wore jeans and shirt since I was in a hurry. When I was about to enter their main door I was waylaid by their security personnel an was asked where I will go, I told him "I will just pay my arranged event." I felt a little discriminated since I was in jeans I was stopped, should I wore corporate dress instead? Nevertheless, overall it was ok. I dont have anything to say with their front desk staff they were very accomodating, special mention on the pool attandant.

Room Tip: I didnt have a chance to book a room since it was pre-booked to another hotel. But I am hoping to bo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AnnieDanicaNiknik

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to extend our gratitude for spending the time to share us your review. We're very delighted for citing the excellent cordial service of our staff. Please allow us to share this with the team. Definitely, this will motivate them to their work and contribute the best service. Gratified to inform, helping out our guests as much as we could and won't be removed from our objectives.

Your comment is important to us, making sure to review each mentioned detail. Profoundly, hotel management is very sorry for the unjust treatment you encountered the last night you came at the hotel. To refrain from this discriminatory act, we ensure issue has been discussed and an action has been done to each respective department for all of our guests to always feel welcome.

We're looking forward to host you once again!

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Didn't know what to expect, but turned out to be more comfortable and relaxing than expected! Stayed over a week at this hotel; SM, Robinson's, and Podium all within walking distance, which was excellent. For the location, really good price. Beds were surprisingly comfortable :) except there was some problems with the air conditioning.

Overall, liked this hotel and would actually stay here again! Comfortable stay for the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the great review! We are very elated to know that you really had a comfortable stay and that we have exceeded your expectation.

Remark of yours is very significant to us, making sure your concern will be addressed and shall be avoided in the future by implementing particular actions. In certain, we would like to inform that making our guests 'feel at home' is one of our goals.

To have you again in the hotel will always be a pleasure, see you soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Me and my friends checked in here for a staycation weekend! The room was clean and spacious and with balcony for smokers.

The location of the hotel is very accessible. There's a restaurant at the ground floor (Pancake House) and 7-11 and The Podium are just a few steps away from the hotel.

They give 1 free parking slot per room per night. Should you and your companion/s have an extra car, you may avail of their overnight parking rate but take note that for the overnight rate to apply, you may only take your car out after a minimum of 24 hours. Otherwise, regular parking rates shall apply. Check-in time is at 1:00pm (or 2:00pm) and check-out time is at 12 noon. Value for money!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking a time to share your informative review with us and our readers. We're very pleased to hear you had a well-stay with us.

Your feedback made of kind words overjoyed the hotel team. As a chosen place for your staycation made us really grateful and to expect you and your friends to have you here again very soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed here for 2 weeks as it is within walking distance of the office in Ortigas in April/May.

Initially, my room was dark, and the decor dated, and there was a mix up that resulted in me having a room with two singles instead of a queen. On the plus side there was a balcony with a view and everything was clean and working. The room was also within walking distance from 3 major shopping centres - Megamall, Robinsons and Shangri-La.

One particularly hot afternoon, my room's electricity stopped, and when the repairman came all he could summon was a shower of sparks. Once the situation was sorted out with Management, I was upgraded to a Suite. The decor was much newer and the rooms lighter, especially noticeable in the bathroom, although the room had a lesser view. The Suite was nice after the regular room, and the extra room was appreciated.

But Manila is about what happens outside the hotel, and it was nice to have a cool and comfortable place to come back to and relax, and the hotel was central to many attractions and taxis plentiful. There were a few issues that arose during my stay, and some average service, but all things considered, I enjoyed my time here, although my view may have been different if I had paid for the accommodation myself.

Room Tip: The rooms are of varying quality and decor,but the rooms higher up have superior views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to extend our appreciation for your time sharing with us your hotel experience and have enjoyed your time.

On behalf of the hotel management, we sincerely apologize from the inconveniences had brought during your stay. Securing to satisfy our guests' needs and to not let any problems to occur once more, we bear in mind to all of your raised concerns, assuring Action Plans and Coordination will be implemented to each respective department. And to reach every expectation of our valued guests, we are pleased to inform you that we are in progress of room renovations and innovating our service.

We hope in the future to cater and please you again as you get back here in Manila!