“It's my 6th time staying”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Malayan Plaza

The Malayan Plaza
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Pasig
Bangkok
“It's my 6th time staying”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I'am very happy in my latest stay at Malayan Plaza. Room was totally renovated from walls, floors, nice LCD tv, new ac and very nice toilet. I was surprised that they allow us to get 2 access to the Internet now. I hope next time it will be unlimited users.. Definitely I will be back.. Keep it up guys so you will get a good reviews.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
TMP-FOM, Front Office Manager at The Malayan Plaza, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to inform us about your recent visit at The Malayan Plaza. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are absolutely beyond ecstatic to know that the Malayan Plaza team exceeded your expectation and that is the level of service that we are known to provide!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

The Malayan Plaza Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Having stayed at the Malayan Plaza twice within a short period of time, I have had two very different experiences.

My first experience was excellent : I stayed in an affordable two-bedded room (although I had asked for a one-bed room, but the hotel staff kindly offered to transform the two beds into a single one), relatively clean (although not spotless), quiet and comfortable for the price, with a large window and a nice view over the city. The (free) internet access was fast enough. My only regret was the emptiness of the fridge - having arrived quite late in the evening, a mini-bar would have been appreciated.

My second experience (room 1815, apparently one that should be avoided) was much less pleasant : the only view was that of a very close wall, which prevented any light from entering the room even during the day; I was woken up by the very unpleasant smell of a neighboring kitchen or restaurant (?), which made it sound like someone was cooking fried dishes inside my room; it was impossible to obtain an electric adapter to recharge my laptop (which was not needed in the first room, whose plugs were adaptable); the internet was too slow to be used normally; and I was late to a meeting after having waited for about an hour until I finally got the iron I had asked twice from room-service.

All in all, I have mixed feelings about this hotel : the staff was quite nice and welcoming and I would have rated my first experience 4/5 due to the good value for money, but the second experience was maximum 2/5.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a real window, away from elevators noise and kitchen smells.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mardeli
TMP-FOM, Front Office Manager at The Malayan Plaza, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for our inability to provide you the equal positive experience during your last stay at the Hotel.

We appreciate the feedback you have given us and apologize for the inconvenience you faced in the adjoining room. Guest’s comments are valued and will be address promptly and efficiently.
We hope that you give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves when you travel back to Malayan Plaza

Livermore, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 weeks in a suite. The room was spacious and comfortable. Not the nicest room I have stayed in but was very comfortable. The staff was nice. The maid kept the room clean. The tvs in the room were flat screens. The bathroom was ok. Could be upgraded but was livable
All in all. I will stay there again.
I love the location. I felt safe being out at night. There were 30 or more restaurants within a short walk.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
TMP-FOM, Front Office Manager at The Malayan Plaza, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for letting us know you had a wonderful stay and for recognizing our team members for excellent service.

The location of the hotel is indeed very convenient for both business and leisure.

The Malayan Plaza Hotel team is looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed at Manila several years at this place. However the recent Renovated rooms is really nice and comfortable. Renovation brings in good Ambiance which this place always wanted for a very long time. Staff is very helpful too. More up gradation to look forward to for several small things to this hotel in the future... Keep it up Team !! Kudos !

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
TMP-FOM, Front Office Manager at The Malayan Plaza, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the excellent 5-star review! We are so glad every time you stay with us you always enjoy the comforts of our rooms.

We are under-going a series of renovations to refurbish the rooms to meet our guests standards. Our number one goal is to provide excellent service and comfortable.

We love having you and look forward to your next stay.

Port Vila, Vanuatu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

The room is cozy and and very spacious, good value for money and the location is close to areas where you can find a lot of restaurants. You have no worries for late night out and the staff are are really very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the five star review and for letting us know you loved your stay and for recognizing our team members for excellent service.

We are delighted to hear that the location of the hotel was perfect for your travel needs.

The Malayan Plaza Hotel team is looking forward to welcoming you very soon.

Front Office Team Leader-OIC
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

We live in Manila now, but before we did, we would stay at the Malayan whenever we came to town. The rooms are okay, but the location is what makes it special for us – right outside there are several shopping and dining opportunities. The breakfast is nice, with some good variety.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the positive review and for your continued loyalty to the Malayan Plaza Hotel.

Our location is outstanding and is very convenient for our guest. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our buffet breakfast at Executive Lounge.

We hope to see you soon in the near future. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back.

North Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

When I fly to Manila, I always book at the Malayan Plaza because of the location and the value for money. In the past, I have also booked at the nearby hotels like the Oakwood Joy Nostalg and Discovery Suites but the Malayan Plaza does not come close to these hotels in all aspects (except for location and price).

I recently stayed at the Malayan Plaza and was pleased with the Front Desk Team, especially Charles and Lala who were very attentive to my requests and did their job in a professional manner. I was pleased with the personalized and efficient service given by these two. Even the bell service (Jerry) and the front desk manager were commendable because of their friendliness and sincerity in assisting guests. I felt that I was not a client of the hotel but a part of their "home."

The suite I stayed at is updated (thanks to the front desk for granting this request), with a flat screen tv in the room and living area, a modern toilet and bath, and a spacious room with comfortable linens. The housekeeping takes forever to respond to request (if they ever do) but is understandable because the hotel was fully booked. The breakfast buffet was so-so.

Despite falling short in rooms and amenities compared to other hotels in the area, what makes the Malayan Plaza stand out is the staff (especially the Front Desk) who makes the difference whether you will stay in the hotel again. I am definitely staying again and will be recommending the Malayan to friends and family.

Room Tip: Request for updated rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
TMP-FOM, Front Office Manager at The Malayan Plaza, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your hotel review with our readers, I am pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay. It is great to read that you had enjoyed your stay and that the team had exceeded your expectations in friendliness and efficiency.

Your comments have been forwarded over to the appropriate department for further planning.

We thank you in advance for the recommendations. We hope to see you again in the near future.