The Malayan Plaza Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewssm megamallpancake housewalking distancethe executive loungewalk in closetfrancis squarebedroom deluxedental kitfree upgradeelectric stovedining tablecooking utensilsshopping mallortigas areabuffet breakfastwater heaterpasig city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Location is fantastic if you want to be in this part of town (ie it's not Makati), love the new mall across the road - lots of chic little restaurants and civilised breakfast places (much better than the hotel- try the nearby 1715 restaurant - excellent!). Rooms are old and tired, but still livable (just put up with the odd wooden floortile slipping out of its place). Bathrooms clean. Cooking area if you're inclined. Steady wifi. Won't come back again, will be trying other hotels.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Kalamatta
Reviewed January 10, 2012

My favorite home when i'm visiting back Manila. This place is very positive is so many ways. The stay is very affordable, the place itself is in the middle of the busy streets of Ortigas. Walk away from the malls and city district venues. Security is pretty awesome and as well as the staff & service. I stayed in a studio superior for 2 weeks and the only thing that was a little disappointing was the heater that goes off after 20 secs. But all in all the stay was amazing & I will definitely comeback again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank LuluAgadier
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I don't know if this is a good or bad thing but I stayed in this hotel 3 years ago and nothing about the amenities and facilities changed. The old 29 inch china TV is still there, and the cooking amenities are still good stuff. I think that in this competitive times, one should adjust by pumping up facilities like electronic card for room entries, LCD TV and better bath utilities.

The people are very warm and accommodating though. One boo boo (which is a big one)--is their breakfast buffet. You have to line up for 2 viands, pork bistek and a whole array of cereal and bread, and jam and pancakes.

There was a signage outside that their breakfast buffet is P300--if it weren't free from the hotel I would'n eat there. And yes, you have to request for your eggs. Their juices are instant mix.

Too bad of a breakfast but their rooms are really nice. Although I noticed there were long strands of hair underneath the bed. :-(

Room Tip: make sure you can request for a veranda room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I stayed at the MPH for almost a month in a single room suite, I think in hindsight the one bedroom would have been a better choice. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed with the normal things you expect. A couple of disappointing points though, breakfast was not that great unless you like crispy dried out bacon, garlic rice and day old chicken pie, not my ideal breakfast. The shower in my room had hot water for approximately 20 seconds, then cold. When asked to check I think the attendant held his hand under the shower for 10 seconds and reported no problem, several times.

There are some great eateries around the corner, my favorite was the Texas grill, good food and plenty of it at reasonable prices. The pasta/pizza place is also good value.

We picked the MPH because this was a long stay and it is one block away from our office, for a little extra and you are looking at a long stay, Discovery Suites around the corner is better.

Room Tip: Select at least a one bedroom not the single room suite
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Steveyinasia
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We stayed over night here since its near the venue of our conference in Ortigas, Pasig, We got a 1 bedroom unit on the 28th floor and we had a nice view of the Ortigas Area.
My overall impression of this 3-4 star hotel is very good. Its clean, well maintained (even the pool!) and the hotel personnel are well mannered. The room is spacious, the furnitures are wooden type not so soft to lounge on..but still fine. Good location.The complimentary buffet breakfast was served in Q Bistro, a nice stylish small restaurant, located at the side portion of the ground floor. Breakfast has limited choices but still okay. The food they served can pass up for lunch already since its quite heavy for breakfast . The place has nice Xmas decorations all over. For the price we paid (Less than P5,000), we are satisfied.. .Yes, we don’t mind coming back for another lodging experience.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business