The Exchange Regency Residence Hotel
  • Pool
$206
$199
Hotels.com
All reviewssmall playgroundmini golf coursesm megamallsmall bathroomthird floorwalking distancepool and jacuzziel puebloconvenience storeaffordable hotelroom attendantliving roomfast wifiortigas areaelectric kettlenice staybuffet breakfast is
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I originally booked for 3 nights at this hotel residence I enjoyed my stay I re-booked for another 4 nights @ hotel.com...location is great,room are spacious I stay at 2 bedroom suite....check in is at 2 pm..i came early after checking out from another hotel...at 12 noon I was check in to my room...front desk are very accommodating location is close to megamall and pavilion mall,for a night out is metrowalk with different selection of restaurant which cater to international cuisine and outdoor dining and live entertaining...exchange regency is fairly new hotel .. rooms are clean and spacious...only negative is hotel is next to a major road....window is not sound proof...they should a use a double wall glass window to reduce traffic noise...rate is good and promo is very attractive..definitely i recommend this hotel and come back...

Room Tip: ask for higher floor and opposite the main road ...
3  Thank perry986
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel. I found an insider deal on Agoda for an overnight stay. I paid less than 3k. Room was the deluxe room with twin beds. deal came with free breakfast. The room was small but good enough. Bathroom is terribly small! no tub. The shower was good except that it's horribly small. Only separated by a shower curtain but everything would still get wet when you take a shower because of how small the bathroom is. Anyway, it looks like its a new hotel. the room is clean and new. Beds are clean. free Wifi was fast enough. This is not a full service hotel, they don't have valet parking. Their parking space is limited and the guards need to be trained. Because the guards decide where you should park, and if you dont ask for a good parking place, they'd tell you to park on the top floors, which is not convenient. I suggest if you have a car, ask the guards to let you park on the bottom floor or just the 2nd floor. The receptionist was ok. Their lobby is small but cute. They don't have their own restaurant for breakfast or for any dining at all. For our free breakfast, we had to go outside the hotel to locate a small restaurant (called Mario's Kitchen) just outside of the same building. It was a buffet breakfast, and the choice quantity was a little disappointing. However, the food tasted really good. So it's good all in all. On that day, they served, ordinary salad, a few bread, fried garlic rice, ordinary ham, twiced-cooked pork adobo, and boiled eggs. That's it. (compared to other hotels, these are few) Drinks was just orange juice and water. Coffee wasnt served unless you ask for it. Expect only 2 small, food stations. I hope that the hotel would open their own restaurant INSIDE of the hotel. Because it's quite inappropriate to go outside for breakfast wearing your jammies or hotel slippers. (because you can actually do this with other hotels). The servers at the restaurant were very friendly and nice though. so kudo's to that. The hotel location is a little tricky. You have to do a u-turn from Metrowalk if youre coming from C-5/Ultra Stadium. And a right turn if you're coming from Julia Vargas. I almost got a counterflow traffic violation for taking the wrong road where there was no NO ENTRY sign because I wasnt familiar with what roads to take when leaving the hotel to go to Robinson's Galleria. I told the police about it and the good thing was he let me go after a little "payment"/"lagay". So be careful! The guards need to warn their clients/customers about this when theyre leaving the hotel! They need some training! Anyway, the hotel was clean and new. So I'm giving it a 3.

Room Tip: ask for the top floors. it's located in a busy commercial area so get the top floors.
3  Thank Anne K
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Lobby was okay, kind of bare.

Check-in: At first, i thought that our stay will go smoothly as our stay were paid already. I bought that 2-night voucher from a certain website.Unfortunately, we waited for about 20 minutes to be able to check-in. We weren't told that there will be a deposit for incidentals which is 1,000php per night. I've booked through email, I've asked their Reservation Agent but did not mention anything about deposits or extra charges. They should have put that on their website and/or the reservation agent should have informed us about those by the time of booking. Good thing they waived it because I am causing a commotion at the lobby.

Room: It was clean and quite spacious for us.

Value:

Service: No one ushered us to our room. Pools is very dirty because of the construction site on-going next to it.

Location: Great location for it was near malls and offices.

Breakfast: It was great. The ambiance is good and the the Filipino Breakfast was awesome.

The hotel is still new so do not expect too much.

Room Tip: Request for higher floor room as possible as it's gets to noisy because of the construction site beside the building.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Leynjb
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Lobby was warm and took us about 15 minutes checking in since they were swiping the credit card on the wrong terminal. No room attendant or bellboy ushered us to our room. Air conditioning was already turned on when we entered the room, beds were okay- cozy and clean but there were only a couple of pillows. When I checked the bathroom I noticed a pungent smell and even after we took a shower and had the exhaust fan, the odor was still there. Toiletries were also half-filled. Cable tv kept losing signal.

For breakfast we paid additional 300pesos for my 10 year old kid wherein they served fried rice, scrambled eggs, ham and sardines. On the side they had bread, cereals and some bland fruits. Juice tasted like instant powdered drink.

What I liked here is the fast internet connection- each room has its own router so you don't have a problem with the signal strength of your wifi. Kids loved the swimming pool and the small playground on the 3rd floor. Restaurants are just around the corner.

Overall, I wouldn't go back nor recommend this to anyone. No hotel-like feel, service was somewhat slow and rooms were just average.

4  Thank islandhopperrr
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Hotel nice and new. Only complaint is that wall mounted air con seemed to allow a direct route for sounds from outside. It was like leaving a window wide open. No controls managed to close an exterior vent. So if you are a light sleeper, this room is not for you.

Taxi drivers don’t know where this hotel is, so best to print out a map with the location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple