“Not So Good Stay”

Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Pasig
Pasig, Philippines
“Not So Good Stay”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed overnight before leaving Manila with my family. Actually it was a good stay over all. Its just that the service is too slow. Departments are not coordinated. It actually took me more than an hour for check out just because they are not coordinated. Also, the pool attendant was kinda rude. I know that they have rules and policies to adhere to. I was told by the pool attendant that board shorts are not allowed when last night it was allowed. I never questioned it and changed from my board shorts to swimming trunks. Then suddenly, I saw a lot of guests wearing board shorts. That wasn't fair. I'm also a paying guest so please show some respect. That ruined my whole day together with the super slow check out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank itsmebosscy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The only reason why I've rated this a 4/5 is because this place isn't completely up and running, i.e. the restaurant. I assume that the Exchange Regency would have its own dining facility directly inside the building. During my stay, breakfast was served in a posh little Italian restaurant just around the corner from the entrance. It was lovely but I can't imagine a full running residence/hotel complete with guests eat at this small space. But all was good. Breakfast was wonderful!

We checked into one of their two-bedroom suites (69 square meters). The suites are beautifully decorated complete with kitchen facilities - a stove, microwave oven, kettle and a fridge. The master's bedroom has a queen sized bed with ensuite bathroom and the other has a double bed and common bathroom (shared with the living room). No bathtubs are available.

Entertainment happens on the 4th level of the building where you will find an interesting pool with a pool bar (which wasn't up and running as of writing), two jacuzzis, a children's playground, a one-hole golf putting ground, two saunas (male and female), a fully-equipped gym and a game room. Spent the whole morning till mid afternoon at this part of the building. It kept me and my company entertained.

Staff were absolutely helpful, one of the best group of staff I have ever encountered, having stayed in many different accommodations in my life.

Another plus is that the Exchange Regency Residence Hotel offers free Wi-Fi! Will definitely return again sometime soon!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank kmgk
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed overnight over the long weekend. For me it doesn't give us a hotel feel rather more of a "Condo" feel.

We stayed in a premier room spacious enough for me and my husband and our baby. Thank your for the fast Wi-fi that entertained us in our stay as there are no malls that's so close enough to walk by.

The most entertaining part in our stay will be their 3rd floor where the pool,jacuzzi,mini playground,golf area and billiard can be found. We had fun during our stay but I'm wondering if the unit owners and the hotel guest will use it will it be enough??? They should have set up different amenities for both.

Over all we still enjoyed since it's a new property. By the way the crabtree and Evelyn set up was superb:)

• Stayed August 2012
5 Thank Fullytravelled
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Me and family spent a night in Ortigas Center's newest hotel - The Exchange Regency Residence Hotel which was (and still is) on its soft operations and under a promotional/discounted rate.

The hotel is located on a more quiet side of Ortigas Center (it is in front of Benpres Buidling and a few meters away from Tektite Towers). It is a few minutes walk from El Pueblo, Podium Mall, and SM Megamall.

As expected from a new property, the entire hotel looked new from the lobby, elevators, and the room where we stayed. I appreciated how the hotel maintained cleanliness.

Me and family stayed in a big, 2-bedroom suite which has 2 bathrooms and its own kitchen and dining area - perfect for family weekend bonding and special occasions. If you intend to cook, you have to request your cooking materials (pan, etc.) from housekeeping.

A big flat screen (not sure if it was lcd or led) TV is in the living area together with a dvd player but it would have been better if TV sets were also installed inside the rooms. Wifi signal was very strong due to the room's dedicated router. Aside from the strong signal, more importantly, the internet speed was very fast!

Bathrooms were clean. We were in a good surprise to see that the hotel's toiletries were from Crabtree and Evelyn. Towels were fluffy and clean.

Set breakfast was served in a small restaurant. You have to go out of the hotel lobby to go to the restaurant whose entrance was on the other side of the building which was somewhat strange. I heard the hotel is putting-up another restaurant. Maybe by the time the hotel is in full operations, the other restaurant is already in place and will provide better breakfast options (buffet breakfast probably) for all guests and will have an entrance directly from the hotel lobby. A coffee shop is also being put-up beside the existing restaurant. Despite the minor inconvenience, the set breakfast (most of us availed of the Filipino breakfast - beef tapa and pork tocino) was good.

For families I think many will agree that the best asset of the hotel is its swimming pool. It is big although not as big as a nearby 5-star hotel's swimming pool. The pool area also includes a jacuzzi (warm water) and a small kiddie pool. It is open until 10pm so guests who do not want to expose themselves under the sun can still enjoy the pool at night. There is also a mini playground for toddlers and even a mini golf course on the same floor. The hotel's fitness gym is also located on the same floor as the swimming pool.

For a hotel that is on its soft operations, I think the Exchange Regency Residence Hotel is worthy of another visit. :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family