Richmonde Hotel Ortigas
Edsa Shangri-La(Mandaluyong)
  • Restaurant
Richville Hotel(Mandaluyong)
View Hotel
All reviewswalking distancesm megamalljunior suitebreakfast buffetheated indoor poolbit datedsmall hotelstrategic locationcomfortable hotelbusiness tripsan migueltwin bedsnon smokingchecking inbusiness districtcakeortigas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 31, 2010

The New year's eve dinner buffet was bad! I was told that the charge is double because the menu is special, i didn't taste anything special in the buffet. We've eaten there on a regular day and the New year's menu was as regular as regular can get. I ate the fresh clams and had food poisoning the next morning, throwing up with bouts of diarrhea at the same time! On Jan 1 we were told that we have brunch that goes with the room, they served brunch way too late past 10am, and didn't even have eggs. My children were cranky and hungry. No breakfast was in the buffet. My husband and my children were so upset, I had to stay in the room hydrating myself. And a good majority of the brunch was from new year's dinner! How awful is that?

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank febrile
adioso, Public Relations Manager at Richmonde Hotel Ortigas, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2011

On behalf of the Management of Richmonde Hotel Ortigas, I would like to extend our deepest regrets for the unfortunate experience you and your family had while dining at our restaurant. As we aim to consistently provide high quality products and services to all our guests and aspire total customer satisfaction, we would like to conduct a thorough investigation of the issues you raised. In doing so we intend to prevent similar incidents from recurring.

Thus, in this regard, we hope you would grant us the opportunity to discuss this matter with you further by sending us your contact details at trh@richmondehotel.com.ph so we may drop you a line. Thank you so much for sharing with us your thoughts and we truly hope to hear from you very soon.

Reviewed September 15, 2010

When planning our visit in Manila, we chose the Richmonde because it seemed to offer a better value for money than any of the well-known chains which we normally tend to prefer. We were not disappointed.

The hotel is a clear four stars, with a modern exterior but a traditional interior. Our room was large and comfortable, with only the brown-tinted windows somewhat spoiling the view of the capital from our high-floor window.

Service was impeccable, including at the restaurant which also offered tasty food at low prices.

Location could be better for a tourist (but good for shopping, with giant SM Mall nearby), but taxi is still the best way to explore Metro Manila.

All in all - we would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2010
1  Thank tolimas
Reviewed August 21, 2010

I stayed at the Richmonde in Pasig (Rm. 2208) this August for a conference. It’s a moderately priced hotel in the heart of the Ortigas Business Center, and the location is perfect for shopping: it is a 5-minute walk to Megamall and Shangrila Mall, two of the large malls in Metro Manila where you can find just about anything you need, from signature items to cheap souvenirs. If you are in the country for business, the hotel is in one of the two main business districts, with the Makati Business District a 20-minute drive away.

The breakfast buffet that comes with the room is adequate, but the hotel’s lunch buffet is quite good. Unfortunately, they do not offer buffet lunches on weekends, but you can always go to the nearby malls where there are dozens of restaurants and food stalls for all budgets.

The rooms, though clean, are a bit shabby and worn down. The bathtub is bordered by a granite ledge (about 8 inches, I think); like a short bench. Good for putting your toiletries on, but it makes it difficult to get in and out of the tub/shower, since you have to hop over that ledge. Also a bit dangerous, since you could slip.. If you are particular about fluffy, white towels .. this hotel’s towels – like the rooms – are also a bit worn out.

The only renovation done in recent years was the addition of a flat screen LCD-TV in the rooms. When I was booked there, one of the three (small) elevators was not operational, which meant a slight waiting time to get to your room.

If you are on a budget, the central location of the hotel may compensate for the dated quality of the rooms. But I live in Metro Manila, and am familiar with several hotels around this area. Like most Asian cities, top chain hotels in Metro Manila (i.e. Shangrila, Mandarin, Peninsula) set a very high standard in terms of room & bathroom quality, buffets, customer service. And all these hotels are in great locations.

If you are willing to spend a few dollars more, I would recommend the other hotels.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank ahmlaw
adioso, Public Relations Manager at Richmonde Hotel Ortigas, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at The Richmonde Hotel. Although we regret that we were unable to satisfy your expectations, we greatly appreciate your candidness in letting us know the areas that we need to improve. We shall look into the concerns that you mentioned and shall do our best to address them to be able to ensure all our guests enjoy their stay. We truly hope that you will still give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed August 3, 2010

My first stay at the Richmonde Hotel (my husband, however, have stayed with the hotel several times) so I wasn't sure what to expect. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the doorman and was very friendly. Concierge and Front desk staff were also friendly. No problem at the front desk when we checked in. We stayed at their Superior Room category. It was a bit small but served the purpose for our trip. The carpet was old and stained but clean. No bugs which I appreciated alot. Our room were situated at the back of the building so it was nice and quiet throughout the night and day. The bathroom was small as well. One sink and not much space for all my toiletries and make up. The tub and shower were a challange for me, it was really high and needed extra effort to get in and out of the tub. Amenities were minimal, they only provided us one shampoo and body soap (we brought our own, so it was not a big deal). The restaurant was okay, staff were friendly. The food, however, was another matter. The buffet offered were not quickly replenished and for most part food were cold. Offerings were not very appealing. Great location, Megamall, Shangri La Plaza and the Podium were all in walking distance. The traffic however is horrible, especially when it rains.

Overall, our stay were okay. One one thing bothered me though, they do not understand the "Do Not Disturb" sign posted. Twice I posted "Do Not Disturb" during our stay so we can get some needed sleep. They knocked and rang the doorbell until my husband had to tell them we do not need housekeeping service at that moment. Not even 15 minutes later the phone rang from housekeeping askign us if we needed the room cleaned. Other than that, the hotel is clean and the staff were friendly. They respond to requests quickly. I will stay at the Richmonde Hotel again on my next trip to Manila for that reason and also because of the proximity to shopping and dining available in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Australiz

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay at The Richmonde Hotel. We are happy to know that you are generally satisfied with our services. We shall make a note of the issues you mentioned and shall take the appropriate measures to ensure that our guests receive only the finest service. We truly appreciate your patronage and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2010

I've stayed at the Richmonde hotel twice, once in the summer of 2008 and one just last month, both with family.
The Details - Its located along San Miguel street in the Ortigas area so if you've got little kids (like I did the first time) keep that in mind if you're doing a lot of walking. It can get e x t r e m e l y busy during peak hours and if you have any idea of traffic in Manila, you'll know whats in store for you. Its a bustling area so do yourself a favor and spring for the Junior suite towards the top of the hotel. The view (facing the street) and the distance from the noise of the street are worth it.
Room and facilities - We had the junior suite and it was nice. Very spacious. I didn't particularly like the television in front of the couch, I would have preferred it to be facing the bed but that's a minor thing. The view of the skyline was great, especially at sunset. The beds were nice and firm. The pillows were extremely comfortable. As far as I saw (and I did check) I never noticed any signs of pest infestation. The room was spotless as far as I was concerned. And yes the windows were clean. The little walk in closet complete with safe was a nice spot to also change and store extra luggage. Didn't really care for the way the folding bathroom door worked (it would always hit the sink) and the way the tub was elevated. You had to r e a l l y take a big step to get in and out. That and the fact that the floor was extremely slippery when wet, little kids and elderly folks should exercise caution.
Those things are minor though. The bathroom was perfect with lots of hot water (gotta be careful because even a little can scald you) and great water pressure. They restocked everything on an everyday basis, even towels when I didn't really mind re-using them, they restocked anyway and since I'm not that huge of an environmental nut, I didn't mind.
The phone and furniture were a bit dated but that's just for aesthetically minded people, one of whom I am not. They functioned perfectly. I liked the little desk and mirror set by the wall. It provided a great place to unwind and read/write in my journal after a long day of dodging traffic, mall-walking, and touring Manila.
The comfort. Now, if you're Western born and raised and not used to the oppressive heat and crowds of an Asian city (especially one like Manila), there's really nothing you would rather do at the end of the day that run to your airconditioned hotel room and cool off. Let me say that everything was on point here. In my past experience with hotel staff, if the aircon is running when they clean your room, they typically shut it off. Not these guys. They leave it on.
Great!
Housekeeping restocks and fixes everything to a 'tee'. I even intentionally left money out just to see if it would disappear and it didn't. Total honesty. When I had a problem with the room safe (it wouldn't unlock and I was panicky because it held ALL of our stuff of value), they responded quickly and got the safe open as well as replaced it with another one.
The facilities of the hotel were pretty great too. The gym was... okay, I'm used to something more complete but it served my needs. The sauna and shower and pool were great time sinks as well after a long day (or if you wanted to begin your day that way).
The breakfast was okay. After five days though it got kind of old. They made an effort to make minute changes to the menu but after awhile, it got to the point where I could predict was was being served. Get there early though, by 9AM they tend to not restock any of the food.
The location of the hotel as I mentioned before was along San Miguel street. One street away from SM Megamall and the Shangri-La Plaza. There's a couple of netcafes right by the rear of hotel along with a 7-11, Starbucks, and a laundromat along nearby Amethyst street which will basically fulfill all your needs. The close proximity of the hotel to the Podium and St. Francis Square (think, mini-GreenHills) will also keep you busy. Its also only a short cab ride to Tiendesitas (if you're into unique Filipino goods) and the Home Depot Complex for your nightlife.
At my checkout, I didn't really look at the billing and was actually double-charged my airport transport and I only noticed this when I got home. I emailed the hotel and the front desk person who helped me was VERY accomodating! Kudos to him.
Overall, the staff was very helpful, the location was excellent, the service was great. Wholly and fully recommended.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family