Richmonde Hotel Ortigas
$88
$37
Trip.com
  • Pool
Red Planet Ortigas(Pasig)(Great Value!)
$34
$31
  • Restaurant
$103
$56
All reviewswalking distancesm megamalljunior suitebreakfast buffetheated indoor poolbit datedsmall hotelstrategic locationcomfortable hotelbusiness tripsan migueltwin bedsnon smokingchecking inbusiness districtcakeortigas
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent staff but the people from managerial position hardly ever deal with issues. I’m so disappointed with my stay at this time. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel if you have certain values. However, the highlight of my stay were the people that makes me feel special. Jelly and her team from front desk, all the concierge staff, Frank and Angelo from the restaurant and Jervin from house keeping. I feel extremely sorry for the staff who were treated like puppets “do as you’re told”. It’s a shame cause I would not rate this hotel as 4 star.

Pros: Excellent location.
Cons: Basic room facilities.

Would give them one last chance before I’ll reveal my doubts.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank Nancee M
RHManagement, Manager at Richmonde Hotel Ortigas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Nancee M,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. We sincerely apologize if you experienced any inconvenience during your stay and we are very sorry if any of the hotel’s policies left you with a not-so-good impression of management. Please know that we try as much as possible to balance customer satisfaction with good business practices.

But despite whatever disappointment you may have had with management, we are grateful for your recognition of our staff’s warm and friendly service. We shall relay your commendation to the employees you mentioned and to the rest of our team who have been assisting you during your stay.

We greatly appreciate your patronage and we hope to welcome you back and provide you only with enjoyable and pleasant stays.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our first stay at Richmonde Hotel was way back January of 2017. Since we enjoyed our previous staycation, we decided to come back for Mother's Day.

We made reservations over the phone, and it was hassle-free. We paid in advance even if they did not require it, and the front-desk staff were always friendly and very attentive to details.

The room we had was exactly what we expected, but we're hoping that this hotel will renovate their rooms soon.

The room is old, but everything in the room is fine except the room temperature. They seem to have a problem with air-conditioning. We booked two rooms on the same floor, and both rooms were set to lowest temp and the fan was at max setting, but we barely felt the cold air from their AC vents. We did not end up perspiring, but we wish that the room could be colder, especially during these really hot summer months.

The heated pool is still enjoyable, and this is the primary reason why we went back to Richmonde. The dry and steam sauna were great, and the shower stalls still have good water pressure.

Breakfast was quite disappointing. Their hot meals included tapa, tocino, and tuna flakes (which seems like "canned" tuna). Their breakfast is quite pricey for the selections they served that morning. On the upside, bacon was consistently good, bread selection was ample, and what I liked the most was the omelet which I requested to have double cheese.

The best asset of this hotel is "customer service". The rooms may be old and the AC is not so cold, breakfast was not impressive (compared to our previous stay)... But we felt good during our stay because the staff were all great. From the doorman who greeted warmly, front-desk officers who were very gracious to accommodate "reasonable" special requests, the security guy who assisted us when the elevator was not working properly, the restaurant receptionist who explained nicely the breakfast charge for kids, the waiters who were very attentive to clear used plates from our table and refill our coffee with a smile, the chef who willingly obliged to my request for my special omelette, and the lady attendant at the gym who gladly checked the ladies' toilet for me when I was looking for my sister.

Those are truly simple acts, which most hotel management and staff always forget. But when the hotel is consistent with good customer service, the guests will never forget.

I'm sorry if I had to give just a 4-star rating, since the breakfast and room temperature are also important factors for guests' convenience and satisfaction.

Kudos to the management and staff of this hotel! Please continue providing great customer service consistently.

We will be back again soon, and we're looking forward to a better stay and hopefully a perfect rating for Richmonde Hotel next time. ;-)

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
RHManagement, Manager at Richmonde Hotel Ortigas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear itoy_MNL,

Thank you very much for sharing a detailed review of our hotel. We are extremely delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Mother's Day staycation with us.

It is always our pleasure to provide you with a comfortable and hassle-free stay. We are especially glad to hear that you enjoyed the warm welcome and good service of our staff. On the other hand, we deeply regret if you experienced any inconvenience with regard to the temperature of your room. We have coordinated with our Engineering Department to ensure that our A/C system is able to cool down all areas, especially during summer. We also deeply regret if you were disappointed with the buffet spread during your stay. Please be assured that we shall continue enhancing our dining offers to ensure the satisfaction of our guests.

We greatly appreciate your kind words and your patronage of our hotel. Likewise, we look forward to your next visit and to hopefully providing you with better services in the future.

Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights in the 12th floor. We were upgraded to a 2-bedroom suite, which was great (thank you!). The hotel is a bit dated (old carpet, old facilities and appliances), but I understand that they are currently renovating.

I was surprised to learn that this was a 4-star hotel. That being said, the property could best be described as average. The beds we're a bit small (I think just a full-size bed). Room was clean. Service was ok, not warm and genuine but at least accommodating. I was informed at the front desk that there was no limit to number of devices connecting online, but later on learned that the maximum was only 4 gadgets per room. The 2-bedroom suite had a kitchenette but there were no pans or eating utensils. Breakfast was ok.

I hope the newly-renovated rooms will be better

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
RHManagement, Manager at Richmonde Hotel Ortigas, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2018

Dear Jarjar20,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. We apologize if you experienced any inconvenience during your stay, especially with regard to your Wi-Fi connection. We shall remind our Front Desk staff to provide clear and accurate information to avoid confusion.

We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding with our ongoing maintenance works to update our rooms. We look forward to seeing you again and providing better service in the future and hopefully exceed your average expectation of our hotel.

Reviewed April 25, 2018

Overall, the price we paid for a night's stay is good enough for a 2 star hotel. The only problem is the inconsistent room temperature since the air conditioner doesn't seem to spew cold wind during the wee hours of the morning. The buffet breakfast and heated small pool is good as well.

I would never hesitate going back, since the location is great, just behind SM Mega Mall.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Jari W,

Thank you very much for sharing your review of our hotel. We are happy to know that you found our rates reasonable, our location convenient, and that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and heated pool.

We regret, however, to hear that you experienced some inconvenience with your room’s A/C. We apologize if this affected your sleep comfort. Please be assured that we will do our best to ensure the wellbeing of our guests at all times.

We hope you had a great stay and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 23, 2018

My husband had a physician's convention at Edsa shang and since our wedding anniversary coincides with the convention, we decided to book a room at this hotel. I wanted to suprise my husband so I reiterated in the notes prior to booking that it is our wedding anniversary. Since we travelled from the province, we went straight to the hotel. Front desk confirmed our booking and was told to wait while preparing the room. After a few hours, we were given the key to our room. Going up, the middle elevator creepily makes a sound everytime it closes. As we entered the room, one can easily distinguish the old style fixtures and the not so clean carpet. The bed was comfy but squeaks in sudden movements. Bathroom is clean but some of the borders seems to be falling off. Even the faucet looks remedied with a vulcaseal.

As me and my son was resting, i was bugged by a headache. So I called up the front desk if they have a hotel nurse. The hotel nurse called the room after a few minutes and asked me why I am looking for one. So i told her that i have a headache, she answered if I would like ibuprofen or mefenamic acid. I told her paracetamol would be fine. After a few minutes, the nurse rang the room, gave me the medicines, told me the price of the medicine and lets me sign something. This is without assessing me further on why do i have a headache. She could have offered even a BP check to see if its normal or not.

Day 2, as my husband went to his convention, me and my son went out to do some errands. Apparently, my son played with the button on the side table thus lighting the do not disturb button all day. When we arrived late afternoon, there was a note on the door explaining why the room was not made up. we brought along fries and drinks when we went up. so I called the front desk to have the room made up when we went out to dinner. When we reached back, the bed was made but the fries on the floor was still there.

As mentioned earlier that I said this is a wedding anniversary celebration, in our whole stay there, nobody from the hotel made an effort to make this experience memorable. Even a single greeting for us, we didn't received. The only salvation for this experience is the breakfast since most of the menu were non-pork and the ensaymada. ANd also, the heated pool which we tried once only.

overall, such a disappointment stay for a 4-star hotel.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family

Dear Sheryl Ann D,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us. We deeply regret if we were not able to make your wedding celebration as special as it should have been. Upon investigation, we found that our reservations overlooked this important information when finalizing your booking in our system. Please be assured that this matter has already been addressed to ensure it does not happen again.

Due to high occupancy during your stay, it took a little longer to prepare your room. We also sincerely apologize if your room was not properly cleaned after you requested for make-up room service. We have reiterated to our housekeeping staff to be more efficient and thorough to ensure that all rooms are cleaned and prepared in a timely manner. We also regret if our nurse did not offer you further assistance when you were feeling under the weather. We shall continue coaching our staff to always ensure guests are properly taken care of.

You might be interested to know that we are currently undergoing some maintenance works to update our rooms and facilities. We have also coordinated with our partner agency to address the noise from the elevator doors.

Despite having been disappointed with your experience, we hope we will get the chance to serve you again and improve your impression of our hotel in the future.