“Very Pleasant stay”

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Pasig
Singapore
“Very Pleasant stay”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I spend 3 nights at the hotel while attending a conference in Ortigas earlier this year. We had a very pleasant stay. The staff were all super friendly and helpful. the room was a bit old but comfortable, clean and nice. the bed and pillows were especially nice. The hotel also has a great location, just around the corner from Mega Mall. The only drawback for me was that there was no view from the window - we were facing the back of some ugly buildings. As for the food, I cannot comment as we didn't eat in the hotel at all. Jolly Bee, down the road, provided breakfast for us.

3 Thank HowardMyers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed July 13, 2013

checked in last June 2013, vacationing in philippines with my family for the first time I wanted to get a hotel that my kids will be comfortable with. This hotel lived to my expectations. The breakfast that I bought was excellent and the servers were nice and pleasant. Although we were turned back on our first day to eat breakfast coz my husband and my son both wearing tank tops that morning. Having just arrived from Boracay as part of our vacation we were dressed casually. But they made us feel at ease and my hubby did not mind going back to our room to change. The food were excellent, filipino breakfast is the best. Having travelled vastly in the caribbean on cruises and several latin countries, I can say filipino serves the best breakfast. my kids still rave the food in this hotel. Cleanliness in the room is great and I am picky on the mattress, their linens passed to my expectations. Having been a marriott customer for all my travels, this hotel can compete to the marriott excelence. Will be checking again in this hotel on our future trips to Manila

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank nimfa24
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Location is pretty good on SM Avenue close to the ShangriLa hotel where nearby there are lots of new restuarants where you can eat outside (french and german restuarants I recall). Also close to the SM Megamall and also for Robinsons Mall for good shopping. Hotel is fine but nothing special, rooms are dated and typical of hotels built a few decades ago and not yet refurbished. Nothing wrong really but just not my style of hotel. Staff are pretty helpful and pleasant and is breakfast is not bad. I had a junior suite room I think, it was good size but just a little larger than an average hotel room with a seating area and a separate work desk. Bed is comfortable and clean. Air con, safe and tea & coffee making facilities also provided. in room wifi is the annoying 'one device only' so if you have a laptop and smartphone you have to continually swith between the two (logging out from one before you log onto the other each time. Water in the bathroom is scalding hot, beware!

2 Thank Poliwhirl
Manila
Reviewed June 28, 2013

San Miguel Avenue is populated with starry-starry nice hotels among them Linden Suites and Richmonde. The latter serves as the barometer for good location better menu selection and best service. We started with a seminar but I arrived early so I had breakfast (on my own) and later lunch (came with lunch).

Seminar or function rooms are insulated from outside noise, free coffee flowing and AV equipment working. Staff assisting with function room events are helpful and staff at restaurant cheerful, even apologizing for having a doggie bag given right away.

If you want best value for money, Richmonde is the Common Man's choice.

Room Tip: Anything after the 8th.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank crispin a
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Yes the price is kinda on the high side (~SGD$100 per room per night) for travellers like me.

BUT the location is central. 3 minute walk from one of those mega SM malls, which means you can get Jollibee to go and it'd still be piping hot when you have it in your room. Train station on the other side of the mall gets you to other parts of the city, just be mindful of the gender specific cabins of the train and the many many bag checks.

Heated indoor pool and a mini gym with towels; rather spacious room for an Asian hotel with a really comfortable bed.

Staff members are helpful and friendly. Sincere in helping their guests, even without tipping.

Luxurious stay by my standards. You know it'd be good when they serve drinks to guests in the lobby while we wait for the lift.

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank XinhongC
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed June 8, 2013

It was my first time staying at this hotel. location and easy access to convenient stores and restaurants. There is a 24hrs massage service which is very good for the weary traveler. Buffet Breakfast selection did not change much during my 4days stay. Would have preferred more variety. It is very convenient to walk to SM Megamall. Traffic to and fro is rather heavy during rush hours.

4 Thank Tom1404
INDIA
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Was here on a business visit to the city and stayed for almost a week. The hotel is fantastic and the service quality is superb. The location is close to most of the malls and restaurants and you feel safe walking around in the evenings. The Breakfast is lavish and the SPA facilities are good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family