“Nice hotel but no free wifi” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Richmonde Hotel Ortigas

Richmonde Hotel Ortigas
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Pasig
Sydney, Australia
“Nice hotel but no free wifi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights. Hotel reception is elegant. Reception and housekeeping staff are attentive. Breakfast choices are average. The room is small but well presented and clean. Safe for valuables is available. Overall this hotel is not that bad. The only CON for me is that WIFI is not free. They will charge P500 per 24 hours.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
adioso, Director of Communications at Richmonde Hotel Ortigas, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear 2000Downunder,

Thank you so much for your review.

We shall revisit our internet charging scheme as well as industry standards for internet service to address the concerns of guests regarding the wi-fi fees. Rest assured that we shall do our best to implement a better system in the very near future.

Moreover, as we are constantly finding ways to enhance our guests’ experience, we shall re-evaluate our breakfast buffet spread and determine how we can make it more enticing and special.

Again, we appreciate your taking the time to write about our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Director of Communications

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Antipolo City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

We decided to book a room in the Ortigas Center area so that we didn't have to drive home after a homecoming party on a Saturday night. The hotel's location was great and we could walk to the nearby St. Francis Church to hear Mass the following day before driving home. We've stayed at the Richmonde Ortigas before and were satisfied with their service and facilities. We booked the room via internet and got value for money.

1 Thank d0ctrine
Dear D0ctrine,

We are truly grateful for your patronage of our hotel.

It is indeed our goal to provide good value for money for all our guests and we are glad to hear that you feel this way.

Hopefully there will be several more instances where we can continue to be of service to you.

Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Richmonde.

quezon city
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed here to celebrate my husband's birthday. Buffet breakfast was the best. Loved it! Quiet room equals good sleep. Safe was available in the room to keep valuables. Bed was too soft and bouncy like waterbed. Wifi was not free and their rate is expensive so we did not avail it. Bathroom seem a bit old already. Toiletries good for 1 person only (1 toothbrush, 1 shampoo, 1 soap) No welcome drink/water and no free newspaper but we were able to get a promo price for our stay so it was no big deal.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with no view but it's no big deal because we had a good sleep.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ms. Sugrcuppeppercup,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your husband’s birthday at Richmonde Hotel Ortigas.

We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast and had a good night’s sleep.

We sincerely apologize if the amenities set-up in your room was not complete. We could have delivered additional toiletries and the complimentary bottled water had we known. Rest assured that this is an isolated incident but we shall investigate why the set-up was such upon your check-in.

As part of the hotel’s eco-friendly practices, newspapers are delivered to guests upon request. We regret if this was not clearly explained to you during your registration at the front desk.

Planning for the renovation of the hotel’s guest rooms is already underway. It may take some time before the project is completed, but until then, we hope that you will continue to allow us to serve you.

USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for a few days. I thought it would be a nice hotel because of its proximity to the Shangrila Hotel. I finally found out why it's behind Shangrila Hotel. It's need to be hidden.

First of all, why, with all the popularity of WiFis should one pay for it in a hotel? WIth most of the hotels making this amenity part of their standard service, here is an average hotel who charges $5 per hour or $11 per day? Instead of making their hotel competitive by waiving this fee, they opted to look like sharks by charging their clients extra. And on top of that, their internet connection is VERY SLOW! (Note: Even their neighboring mall, Megamall has free WiFi everywhere in their buildings)

When I was there, people were working in their lobby that it looked like a war zone. I was also dismayed to see their swimming pool --- in pictures, it looked so nice but the stench was unbelievable. No amount of chlorine could hide the smell... Don't get me started with the indoor landscaping by the pool --- It looks like it was overtaken by squatters. The wet spa was not working either.

My advise to travelers: save yourself some aggravation and stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Juan d
adioso, Director of Communications at Richmonde Hotel Ortigas, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Juan d,

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at Richmonde Hotel Ortigas.

We understand how your disappointing experience with our wi-fi services and Health Club facilities provided you with a bad impression of the hotel in general.

Please know that we are already studying how to improve our internet services and fees. Also in the offing is the renovation of our Health Club and indoor pool.

We sincerely apologize for all the problems you encountered. But we hope that you will still provide us with the opportunity to serve you again in the future, especially when all our upgrades are already in place.

Director of Communications

Travelers are raving about these Pasig hotels

Baguio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

moved my luggage with out a porter (they were assisting my disabled wife) and insisted on moving it herself. Because of my wife's disability and need for a wheelchair, we had a Junior Suite. Good room but it was a challenge getting my wife into the bath. Great access to SM Megamall, pity it wasn't closer to the airport though. Plenty to like , the decor was reminiscent of Art Deco and included polished brass lift doors inside of the lift. If I had any dislikes then more choice in the restuarant menu would be nice although to be fair it was adequate. Food quality was excellent. I definately return.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Mr. Keith N,

Thank you so much for sharing your nice experience at our hotel.

Admittedly we need to improve on making our facilities more “disabled-friendly” as you aptly put it. Rest assured that we shall include this in our plans as we prepare the designs for the hotel’s upcoming renovation.

We are happy to inform you that we are already in the final stages of finalizing our new a la carte menu. We plan to launch this in the first quarter of 2013. Hopefully on your next visit you will get to sample our Executive Chef’s newest special creations.

Nothing will please us more than to welcome you back and serve you once again. We hope that you will provide us with that opportunity.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

If you have to work in Pasig, it's a one of the most reasonable places to stay. Only the rooms are quite rundown as well as the gym.
Pros: In-room safe, choice of hard and soft pillows, hard mattress, complementary water every day, free use of the small gym, helpful and friendly staff, reasonable breakfast buffet.

Cons: Well-used rooms, ugly sight of mold at the bath tube, WiFi cost extra, no international newspaper.

But the price counts at this location.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear World2Visit,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a review which identifies the areas you found unsatisfactory.

As you mentioned, the hotel is one of the most reasonably priced hotels in Ortigas Center, however, please be assured that the hotel still aims to provide world-class facilities and services to all its guests.

Do note that plans are already underway for the renovation of our Health Club, pool, and guest rooms. Moreover, we are re-evaluating our wi-fi fees and current industry standards.

We hope the next time you visit us our facilities and services will exceed your expectations and your stay will be a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed here for one whole week and I really enjoyed my stay. I was only planning to stay for two nights, but I was so comfortable that I ended up extending my stay up to seven nights. The bed was not perfect, but comfortable enough. But the pillows were amazing! I'm really fond of very soft pillows and that's one of my must-haves in a good hotel. The TV is big enough for me and there was a wide variety of channels so I enjoyed watching my favorite shows. The location is also great because it is near Shangri-La Plaza, Megamall, and MRT.

However, regarding the light, I just wished there was an option for white lights. The room only had yellow lights, which made it more difficult for me to read. I can read better under white lights.

I also loved most of the food (not all, but most of it). BUT I find it too expensive. It cost me almost P300 for a freshly-squeezed orange juice! Whoa! That was too much! It cost me P100 for extra garlic bread! The pork loin that I ordered for dinner was also a waste of money. The food really was too expensive - they should really re-evaluate their prices. The corned beef in the breakfast buffet was too salty. But there's a good variety in the breakfast buffet - a lot of choices. All in all, the breakfast buffet was good, the salty corned beef was just an exception. Out of the lunch and dinner meals that I ordered, their sandwiches were excellent!!! Really excellent - especially the Traditional Club and the Classic Burger w/ Bacon & Cheese. I also loved the Shrimp Linguini in Pesto Sauce. I also loved their salad.

Regarding service, the waiters during the breakfast buffet was really, really, really attentive. Sometimes too attentive. I'm the kind of hotel guest that prefers an attentive waiter but from a reasonable distance. I prefer to wave to a waiter when I need something and for the waiter to recognize me immediately. However, in this hotel's restaurant, normally you don't need to wave to them. It's like they know you're every move. They will refill your coffee/hot chocolate even before you realize it needs refilling. When I got up to get more food, I found my table napkin neatly folded again when I get back to my table. They are very, very attentive. But that's much better than inattentiveness, right? So this hotel actually has excellent service.

All in all, it was a great stay. Maybe I was more satisfied because my room rate was discounted for the Halloween season. However, if I were to pay the original price of P5,050, I don't think I could stay that long.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Meimei28,

We sincerely appreciate your kind words and the time you took to share your experience at our hotel in this review.

We shall take into consideration making white light available inside the room for people such as yourself, who prefer this. As for your observation about the prices in our restaurant menus, we actually maintain very competitive prices, especially with similar hotel restaurants around the area. But we shall include your comments in our evaluation as we finalize the new a la carte menu of our all-day dining restaurant, the Richmonde Cafe.

Since the hotel espouses personalized service, we always try to make it a point to provide our guests due attention so we may anticipate their needs. Thank you so much for pointing this out and commending our staff for their “excellent service”.

We hope that this won’t be the last time you will visit us. Do watch out for our next promotional packages and discounted rates on our website and Facebook page. You may also call our Room Reservations directly at 689-8411 to inquire about our latest promotions.

We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon!