Stayed at Astoria Oct 1 - 5. Compared to our last stay two years ago, sad to say things have definitely gone downhill since then. I think they're cutting corners to try and save money so they don't have to raise rates.
The breakfast buffet not as good as it used to be and the juice tasted like it was watered down with tap water. I got sick to my stomach after breakfast each day.
Our room had the ambience of a hospital room. Lighting in the room was quite dim (especially in the bathrooms). It's rather depressing.
If you stay here, bring your own soap. If you use the hotel soap, you might as well be using lye. It's murder on your skin.
The hallways and elevators are not air-conditioned and are quite hot as a result.
At checkout, Astoria makes you wait while they send someone to inspect the room to make sure you haven't stolen anything. They tried to charge us for a plastic spoon and fork that we hadn't used, just because the wrapper was torn.
I had some nostalgic feelings about the place since it's where I stayed when I met my wife two years ago. This time I left with a bad taste in my mouth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the progressive business and commercial district of Ortigas Center in Pasig City, Astoria Plaza offers new standards in urban living with all the space and comfort of home combined with the modern convenience of staying in a deluxe city hotel. Astoria Plaza's spacious accommodation options give you the freedom to choose between its one and two bedroom suites that boast of German technology door lock system, audio-video entry phone, cable TV and electronic safe. With complimentary internet connection provided, conducting business in your very own suite or keeping in touch with loved ones at home is a breeze and a welcome treat for Astoria guests. It is also within walking distance to leading shopping centres, malls, hospitals, universities and the metro railway transport system. Facilities include a gym, swimming pool, Regenere Spa and Massage Center, Santi's Delicatessen, Travelnet, Genesis Valet Shop and Laundry Services. Complimentary roundtrip shuttle service to and from Ortigas Business District is available with prior reservations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Astoria Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astoria Plaza Pasig
- Astoria Plaza Hotel Pasig
- Astoria Plaza Metro Manila/Pasig, Philippines