Astoria Plaza
  • Restaurant
Edsa Shangri-La(Mandaluyong)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsbedroom suitefree shuttlethrough rcishuttle serviceregular roomcomplete kitchenweek staysm megamallroom keyhome away from homedvd playerhotel servicecheck in processserviced apartmentmicrowave ovenpasig cityrooms are big
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We book for a 2bedroom to prepare for my daughters debut held in restaurant nearby.Rooms,living area,kitchen are all huge and has a modern design.All is perfect except for a small pool and my experience upon check out...when i was about to settled my bill...they want me to pay extra around 45pesos or less than 100 pesos for a missing 1 face towel!We ask the housekeeping to re-count it again...then found out!Gosh...we are spending thousands of money for a night..do you think people like us will steal that value?My family travels a lot, My experience in this hotel was memorable bec. Of this incident!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank 11Kristy11
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have been staying here almost every year since 2007 but it has declined significantly and our last stay was July 2012. Breakfast buffet is dismal. Not a lot of western food except for an egg station. They used to have a big spread but now it's just rice with heavy meats, a congee station, fruit or salad and sad collection of breads. I talked to the f&b manager about the decline and she just shrugged her shoulders.

Housekeeping were staying by the stairwells & the exit doors chatting (our room was bedside it). They charge for a sponge and washing up liquid. Silly.

Staff is still attentive and courteous but I've definitely seen better days.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jetset_Jelly
Reviewed May 29, 2013

A group of us were attending a conference in Manila and Astoria is a recommenced hotel for the conference. It is more a service apartment than a hotel. 4 of us stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment with a comfortable living room and a dining room. The kitchen is functional.
There's a big bedroom with bathtub in the bathroom. The other room is smaller and it's bathroom is basic. It is good value for business group or families.
Oh the breakfast spread is good though the cafe is a little small.
The hotel provides schedule shuttle buses to a nearby Mega Mall by SM and you can find great numbers of restaurants and eateries.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Externals: Good location, a 15-minute stroll to 2 big malls (with supermarket). Convenient store next door. Ample taxi at the main door. Quiet street.
Internals - General areas. Small lobby -could do with more seats. Helpful conceirge. Friendly reception. Good cafe with good breakfast buffet spread.
Internals - Room/Suites: Clean and spacious. All fittings seems new and were functioning. Shower head was probably built for an American man so it was rather high for small Chinese me. Sufficient counter space in bathroom and free basic toiletries. Room was spacious and designed. Comfortable beds and pillows. Except...could have more accessible power points for charging out gizmos; better sound-proofing so that I cannot hear the lady next door scolding her maid/child/husband.
I stayed at the double room but my friends took the 2-bedroom suites which was very comfortable and & well-furnished. If we had more time, we'd probably cook up a storm! Kitchen was large by any serviced apartment standard.
Only setbacks were: the high shower; the noisy neighbours plus we noticed that a nearby suite nearby had many female well-dressed occupants and a man often went to bring/escort a lady out. I didn't think Astoria Plaza was that kind of hotel. Additionally, out of the 6 nights when we were there, I only received 2 sets of the daily papers. One morning I heard it been placed outside our door. Then I heard footsteps and when I went to retrieve it, there was no paper!! But I heard a door closing down the corridors..hmmm - how much does newspaper cost anyway??
All in, it was a good & comfortable stay. I musn't forget to compliment the Hotel for their friendly and attentive staff from reception to conceirge to cafe...great job!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with its main door away from the next room's door - if your neighbour slams the door/shouts, you will be startled from your sleep...
2  Thank TravellingAngi
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Check in
Arrived early like 4am early, they gave us a upgrade in the 2 bedroom with a full kitchen until our regular room was ready. I loved that room it was nice with lots of space.

When our regular room was ready I was surprised how nice it was. 22nd floor overlooking the BSA Twin Towers. At night time the view was amazing.

The hotel is local to many malls but don't travel during rush hour, it's be much quicker to just walk. But we took the taxi pretty much everywhere.

Service was top notch, staff were very friendly and very helpful.

Stayed for a little under a week, would stay there again. I like the condo feel to the place and it's pretty close to malls and stuff. There's also a mini shop place downstairs open 24/7 if u need to buy small stuff and drinks.

The breakfast in house was pretty good too. Only thing is u have to eat it downstairs, I would have liked the option to have it bed but that's just me.

Checkout was smooth, I'd stay there again if I'm in Pasig.