1,061 results
All reviews birthday banner podium mall welcome home bedroom suite cake sm megamall breakfast buffet business trip guest services late check family staycation second home microwave oven courteous staff ortigas area indoor pool serendipity
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I always end up celebrating my birthday at Discovery Suites because of I know I’ll have the best one with them. Even my friends are happy with the room and facilities. Of course, the accommodating and friendly hotel staff was the highlight of our stays here. And! I always get a personalized birthday banner and cake from them. Looking forward to more celebrations with you! ♥️♥️♥️

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
DiscoveryHotelGroup, Director of Sales at Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Rochelle,
Thank you for sharing these kind words with us. It warms my heart to hear that you continue to choose to spend your birthdays here at Discovery Suites. Among other things, Discovery Suites always puts a premium on having personalized service. We love being a part of our guest’s special occasions and we believe it’s the little acts of kindness that make a memorable stay. We hope that you enjoyed your celebration and we are definitely looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed in a spacious 3Bedroom Suites with 5 college friends for a last minute reunion. Hotel staff were friendly & accommodating, rooms were clean and great food choices for breakfast which is free. They also have affordable and delicious food take out counter at the lobby. Thank you for an enjoyable and memorable stay. Will definitely recommend Discovery Suites to family and friends.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
DiscoveryHotelGroup, Director of Sales at Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Cedric,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It truly warms our heart to know that you chose Discovery Suites as the location for your reunion. Our property currently has 2 and 3 bedroom suites that are definitely perfect for this type of occasion as it has the capacity to accommodate big groups. Apart from restaurant 5 and little sweet discoveries located at the lobby, we recommend that you try out our flagship restaurant- 22 Prime during your next visit. They offer a variety of premium steak cuts as well as other seafood and poultry options that you will surely love. Again, we are delighted to know that you had a memorable stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This hotel can barely meet 3 stars level. The entrance is far from comfortable, the hallways are dark, and the SMELL is unbearable. We book it based on the great reviews but don't make our mistake. Those reviews made by locals who never travel abroad and stay in better hotels. We switched 4 rooms. There is a construction on the back of the building and one of the sides. The construction is 20 hours a day including weekends. There is a banging sound all night long. The rooms are also very dark except the rooms facing the Podium (shopping mall). There is no view or sun. We moved to 17th floor for better view and quite room. But we could not find a room that didn't a smell. The hallways smell like old dirty restaurant kitchen without proper ventialtion, rooms smells like moister and chemicals for ants and rats. Both me and my friend got sick after eating breakfast. She ended up in the hospital and spent a week on strong antibiotic course. After my son vomit twice and I got sick we moved out. We complained to the management. The reaction was immediate, they send us a vine and cheese plate. It's nice service, but the issue was not resolve. This hotel needs serious renovation. Until that time please stay away.

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank AnastasiaP
DiscoveryHotelGroup, Director of Sales at Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi AnastasiaP,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We truly appreciate this feedback since it helps us understand specific points of improvement for our property. In behalf of my team here in Discovery Suites, kindly allow me to extend my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences that you have expressed during your stay. The hotel is currently undergoing an active process of upgrading its services and facilities for the benefit of all guests. I have personally sat down with the concerned teams to discuss plans of action. With all of the ongoing construction in this city, we have approached and came up to an agreement with building companies to limit their works from 9AM – 6PM only. With regard to the concern that arose after breakfast, I personally am interested in conducting an investigation regarding this matter. Our current records show insufficient information and it would be a great help if we could get more information. Moving forward, do let us know how we could best reach you so we could look further into this matter. We hope that your recent stay does not hinder you from staying with us again as we are looking forward to regaining your confidence in us.

Reviewed August 16, 2019

I've stayed here in the past and never had any issues. Unfortunately this was not the case for my 11 day stay in July.

1. 2nd night stay. When we returned to our room we noticed the room had a very strong fragrant smell. They had freshen our bed linens with some sort of room freshener like Febreeze. It was so strong that the scent was rubbed into our skin and my son's hair. Scent was strong and uncomfortable. I had linen changed immediately the following morning. They had no explanation other than it could possibly be their fabric softener . Which is not possible because linens where not changed from the 1st night stay.

2. Housekeeping doing a room check every day. What doesn't make sense is that they go into the room to do a physical check. My question is what actually are the checking?! Ask me.. the guest.. what I need. Instead they insist in doing a visual check and by doing so and even with direct instructions from my husband telling the staff to not enter the room because my wife is changing. The housekeeper ignores instruction and walks in on me changing. Luckily I was partially covered!!

3. Complained to front desk and housekeeping manager. Information was delivered wrong and when they sent an apology letter. It said for me to use our Do Not Disturb sign. Which was quite insulting! Issue was finally brought up to the right person and I was given a formal and personal apology. Despite the apology I still cringe at the thought of that incident.

4. Hold on my credit card for security deposit for the full 11 day stay still on my card almost a month later. I now have to call long distance just to request for them to remove hold. Checked out on 7/30 and it is now 8/17. Unsuccessful calls at the moment. Conversation ends at let me retrieve your information and then we get disconnected. Extremely frustrated!

Only area that will get a satisfactory mark from me is the restaurant staff and a decent breakfast spread.

Room tip: No room tip. But if you are interested in this area of Ortigas. Please PM me and I can highly recommend other hotels.
Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank Lifeisbeautiful29
DiscoveryHotelGroup, Director of Sales at Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2019

Hi LifeisBeautiful29,

Thank you for sharing this experience with us. We appreciate the thorough and honest feedback as this helps us navigate through bettering our services and facilities. Discovery Suites is a hotel that values all of our guests hence, it saddens me to hear that your last stay was not as pleasant and as comfortable as the previous ones. I believe our Guest Relations and Housekeeping teams have already been in touch with you in the hope of rectifying the said concerns. Rest assured that I have already revisited and sat down with the concerned teams to prevent this from happening again. With this, allow me to extend my sincere apologies for all the mishaps that were mentioned. We hope that this experience does not hinder you from staying with us again as we are determined to regain your confidence in us.

Reviewed August 14, 2019 via mobile

It was my daughter's 2nd birthday and we decided to book a 1BR Suite for a staycation because it was a stormy day. Upon check in, we were asked to go to the lounge to wait for our room. We were offered welcome drinks and shortly 30 minutes after, we were assisted to our room. There was a welcome banner for my daughter and a cake on the table. All personalized with her name and age on it. My kids love the bathtub and the spacious room with a kitchen and complete appliances.

If you are travelling with kids, they have a play area on the 5th floor and a swimming pool to keep them busy. We had the pool all to ourselves.

My kids were so happy that we booked another staycation next week. Thanks to Jaja at the Reception for being so kind and responsive to our requests. We even had a late check-out. Service is all personalized and staff are all friendly.

My only feedback is the staff at the cafe at the 5th floor where we ate breakfast. Not all are attentive to our needs. Breakfast menu should also be improved and add more variety intended for the kids.

Overall, I recommend Discovery Suites Manila and looking forward already to our stay next week. Will also blog about this soon.

Thank you and I hope you guys continue the Discovery service that we all love and appreciate all through these years.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Hi Gail,

First of all, allow me to greet your daughter a belated happy birthday. We are delighted and honored to know that you decided to celebrate this momentous occasion with us. Discovery Suites love being a part of our guest’s special events. That is why we make sure that guest’s get a one of a kind experience every time they stay with us. I guess that’s the magic behind the Discovery brand of hospitality, it will really make you want come back. With this, I just personally want to thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to making more memories with you in your next staycation!