“Nice Hotel in need of refurb.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Manila Galleria

Holiday Inn Manila Galleria
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Pasig
Waterlooville, UK
“Nice Hotel in need of refurb.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2009

I had two short stays in this hotel in April 2009. My first stay was alone, paid through a travel agent (asiarooms.com - excellent service,with a great price). Stayed on the 17th floor in a corner room. Room was clean & spacious but somewhat dated, the bed was large (king+?) but very springy. Good sound insulation but corner room has a lot of window area - and the curtains didn't close all the way! Second stay was with family in a premier delux room. A large room with 2 queen size beds and a sofa. The room was also very large by normal standards, ideal for 2 adults and 2 kids.

Breakfast was OK. Staff were pleasant. The hotel is directly connected to the Galeria shopping Mall (open 10-9pm... not 10pm as we were told) via the 4th floor which is ideal. Location can be a problem when coming from the airport - the traffic can be abysmal and its frustrating passing the Makati hotels in slow traffic with a long way to go. The airport taxi driver did not know the location of the hotel - not uncommon as this also happened to my wife and her family. It's also very easy to be in the wrong lane and pass right by... Recommended... but it could be so much better.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Telco-Phil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2009

My son had a performance at the AFP Theater in Camp Aguinaldo, Quezon City. The hotel was the closest to venue. I booked online and was surprised with the good rate i got. I am also a Priority Club Member. I was allowed to check-in even if I arrived half an hour before the normal check-in time of 2:00 p.m. The person at the Front Desk, Tricia, was very helpful and polite. I was surprised to see how BIG the room was. It was literally a suite. It had an ante room. The actual bedroom was impeccably clean. The room, the corridor just smelled of CLEANLINESS. The bathroom was also spacious. The room rate included breakfast. The food and the service was very commendable. I will surely stay in this Hotel again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Perky_Family
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2009

We got a great location but smelly carpets, curtains and mattress that had seen better days (more than a decade ago), the service was terrible, and the bedbugs were an added bonus.

Location-wise, it seemed to be the best hotel for a colleague and me, as it was within walking distance from our office, and it was attached to the Robinson's Galleria Mall. At 4100 PHP, it seemed a great deal. My feeling of euphoria vanished as soon as I stepped out of the elevator and was engulfed in a stale smell. Half the lights in the corridors were always switched off or didn't work. The room was average sized but the furniture and fixtures were very old, and not very clean. Towels and bedsheets were clean, but somewhere in that bed nested an army of bedbugs who feasted on my poor unsuspecting body. I developed rashes and sores all over my armns and legs especially after the first night. I thought it must have been an allergic reaction to something but it got worse over the next two nights.

And the service was terrible, terrible, terrible. There was no coordination between reservations and front desk, the breakfast buffet and room service food passable, and worst of all, they seemed a money-hungry lot. I was paying cash and gave a 2000 PHP deposit upon check-in, but I was woken up on my last night around 1230am for a room service bill of 400 PHP!!! Despite a 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door. The man insisted on immediate payment! I checked out the next morning to the Crowne Plaza right next door (same owner but as different as chalk as cheese). It was 1100 PHP more expensive than the Holiday Inn, but oh so much better! My colleague also checked out, and we vowed never ever to stay again at the Holiday Inn Galleria Suites.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Dhaka_Dweller

Travelers are raving about these Pasig hotels

michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2009

I was here for 2 weeks in Feb and March. I thought the place was great. Staff was always friendly, helpful and alays happy. The breakfast was a little bit differant but enough choices to be happy. The bar was always nice and the servers were really cool especially the young lady by the name of Raine. Ny girl friend and I enjoyed her the most. My room was on the 28 floor and view was excellant.
The only real draw back was my girl met me at the airport, we could not find each other so the hotel driver called her for me, then since he had her number has been calling and texting her since then. We recently contacted hotel again and all calls have stopped.
I will return in August to marry my Jennifer and we will have our stay at thge Galleria

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2009

I stayed in the hotel between March March 19 to 23, 2009 due to meet my fiance and due to my dismay, the plane lost my luggages. After i checked in, i went to the lobby and the hotel manager, Mr. Reynante Sajun welcomed me and since he was very accomodating, i told him about my lost luggage and he didnt hesitate to assist me in my predicament. He keep me informed and updated me about the location of my luggages and finally it was delivered the same day.

The next day, i bumped to him again and i was looking for the mall entrance at the floor and he assisted me again. In the afternoon, i bumped to him again since i was looking for someone to assist me in reconfirming my flight. This guy is everywhere! :)

This is my first time to write a review and its worth my time since the experience i had in this hotel was quite amazing and extraordinary.

Highly recommeded to business travelers.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank mallwine
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

As many others have said earlier, this facility is in major need of a renovation. I was upgraded to a corner suite as I am a Priority Club Platinum, and glad I was as I was here for 5 nights. The room and furnishings were pretty run down (as expected from reading reviews here). Also notable was the expensive (and slow) wireless, and the often poor service for the breakfast buffett. I was shocked to be in the Philippines and not have fresh tropical fruit provided with breakfast, besides bananas. The pineapple was canned!!!! All they provided every day was unripe melon and some miserable watermelon. Pity, as I had been looking forward to having mangos....

Overall, I didn't really like the stay here, but the location is somewhat more convenient to my offices in Quezon City. If it weren't for the traffic, I would have stayed in Makati. I guess if you like shopping malls, this place has some redeeming factors, but not many.

The one place that I will give a big thumbs up is for the Suriya Spa, where I got two excellent massages for very inexpensive prices!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tourismspecialist88
Peoria, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2009

Room was great...except the shower drained water on the floor to such an extent that there was always a puddle on the floor afterward. My primary complaint was that the internet wifi connection charges are not pro-rated on use....you have to pay 200 pesos for the one hour connection and you MUST use it when it's purchased and you log on...or else you lose the balance when you log out...even if you check your mail and log out...you just spent that 200 pesos. Management listened and did NOT adjust the bill.

Oh, and the Galleria is a pain to get to from the airport....Remember to tell the taxi that it's in Pasig or else he can wander around looking for the place.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Frankm20k
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasig
Marco Polo Ortigas Manila
Privato Hotel Manila
Privato Hotel Manila
#5 of 21 in Pasig
Richmonde Hotel Ortigas

Been to Holiday Inn Manila Galleria? Share your experiences!