“Pretty much the same”

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Pasig
Quezon City
“Pretty much the same”
Reviewed January 21, 2009

Pretty much the same, nothing has change. 'Spent my christmas holiday here with my family and relatives. I realize that it's getting older, hence it's in dire need of a renovation. My parents celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary at the Amorsolo Hall of this hotel. And that's the only innovation they did. The room is just the same some 4 years ago. Breakfast per se is another issue. 'was shocked to found out that they serve dried fish or "tuyo". Nothing against with the food, though i guess some foreigners would not appreciate it. Also, they're not as systematic as they was with regards to the breakfast buffet. Food is not as good compare to their early years of existence. Over all an average but not a superb hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Bring back the glory days of Raphael's (breakfast)
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank ilovesurewin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
new york
Reviewed January 10, 2009

Stayed at the hotel for 1 night , liked the place ,but the hotel needs renovation if it wants to get more guests poaring in.

• Stayed September 2008
1 Thank ashleycamil
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed January 5, 2009

We scratched around at home and found one of those blue Priority Club cards (join free at some hotels) and when they saw it, Holiday Inn promptly upgraded us from 2 deluxe rooms to a lovely suite comprising one master bedroom and v.large ensuite with it's own door. Main area consisted of 2nd bedroom and 2nd bathroom, lounge and bar. Really spacious.

The furniture is dark, and like most places in Manila, you need your earplugs to block out morning traffic.

The breakfast buffet was excellent, chef making egg dishes, bottomless coffee, fresh fruit , pastries etc.

Gym good, but strangely un-airconditioned. Pool good.

Had a couple of drinks in the bar. Availed ourselves of the front of hotel staff to get cabs etc. Strict gun-checking security at lobby.

Has own entrance to mall, which we really appreciated as my husband's luggage was mislaid by airline, and he had to dash in and buy change of clothes at Robinsons (and he's a v.large westerner).

In the mall we converted our phones to Filipino chips, shopped and ate in the clean food court which saved money. Drank vile Starbucks coffee: how is that place popular? ... each time I have a coffee at any of their establishments, I always feel robbed: costs a lot in Asia, and quality is uniformly tasteless.

However, if you're a traveller just stopping over in Manila, it may be worth considering staying at the hotels near SEMall (Shangri La etc) as it took us an hour in a taxi to get from the airport to the hotel. After 3pm the taxis outside the hotel were reluctant to take us on cross-town journeys. Manila roads simply can't cope with the volume of traffic.

I left my favourite jeans in the dark wardrobe of my room, and if I get those jeans posted back to Australia, I will certainly sing their praises.

The staff were very polite; the room had it's own safe, fridge, coffee making facility, free mineral water and adjustable air-con.
We felt safe there and the shopping at the 2 malls amused our 23 and 25 y.o daughters for 2 days!

• Liked — spacious room. adjacent to Robinsons galleria mall with heaps of cafes/restaurnts which cut down costs
  • Disliked — as the crow flies its not far from airport to hotel, but those taxis dont fly and those roads are impossible
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank pugpug1
davao
Reviewed December 7, 2008

this hotel shows signs of deterioration and aging. it needs refurbishing badly. the deluxe room we had had a leaking tub!

the staff are unfriendly, cold and uncaring. unlike most filipino hotels, the staff in this hotel do not smile. not at all.

the lobby is unwelcoming. check in is too slow. no matter that i already reserved my room some months before my stay, i was made to wait until past 2pm before they checked me in. i had requested for early check in (at noon) because my flight would be arriving at that time. i understand that rooms may not be available for early check-in requests, but at least they could let me in at 2 pm and not after! other hotels can even accommodate me by 1pm since check out time is 12nn and an hour would be more than enough time for housekeeping to clean up the room to accommodate early check-in requests. and i'm a priority club member at that!

nonetheless, i have been staying at this hotel for the last 6 years or so. why? location, location, location. it is adjacent to robinsons galeria, which is very convenient for my shopping and dining needs. it is also near shangrila, megamall, podium and a short distance to makati.

sometimes, i also stay at renaissance hotel makati (right across greenbelt) or manila hotel (in luneta park). again, the reason is for the location.

back to holiday inn galeria... the rudeness of the staff here is not just for this stay. during my last stay, i also had a run-in with an arrogant security guard who wasn't too polite in asking to check inside my bag upon entry to the hotel. i had never encountered such arrogance in my entire life and i shall remember that incident forever.

if the holiday inn should prioritize, the retraining of the staff in basic courtesy and service reorientation should precede the renovation and refurbishment of the hotel. but doing both asap is most preferable.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank catherinalove
Manila
Reviewed October 12, 2008

My friends and I checked in to this hotel last Saturday (Nov. 11, 2008). It was my first time in Holiday Inn Galleria Manila and I am absolutely disappointed. My friend booked the room for us. Originally there were only three of us staying but we got a little bored and invited several more. Two of them arrived a little before 10pm and another at around 11pm. The small gathering was fun at the beginning, we were singing with the magic sing videoke that another friend brought. Apparently, they didn’t have soundproof room. Then we heard a knock on the door and it was your night manager, he asked us to keep it low since the other guests’ were complaining. We decided to turn off the videoke and just watch TV in low volume. In less than 30 minutes there was another knock on the door and it was the night manager again with 2 security guards.. He was saying he wanted to come in and check how many of us were there, and that they were still receiving complaints. At that moment I felt off and little bit afraid of being humiliated as if we were doing something wrong, my friend told him it’s not necessary to come in and we’ll just tell our friends of the situation.
Imagine yourself having intimate conversations with your best buddies and there he is your night manager with 2 security guards with him, I felt they were threatening us to be thrown out of the hotel in the middle of the night.

Anyways, the following morning we were charged too much for an ugly room without a hairdryer and a lousy view. The hallways were dark and depressing. The bed not as comfortable as the one's in Discovery Suites. The room that we had was a GUEST ROOM originally the room only cost 3400php but they charge us 8700php. All in all it was the worst hotel experience I’ve ever had so far.

• Liked — none
  • Disliked — overpriced; depressing;rude staff;old
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
5 Thank BelledeJourManila

Travelers are raving about these Pasig hotels

manila
Reviewed October 2, 2008

Stayed for a weekend at this hotel. Hotel interior is nice and very Philippine looking. It was well kept though it has been running for years now. We loved the breakfast. The location is perfect since it has access to the mall. Going to different places in the metro is easy, you can get a cab right outside the hotel. Another thing I loved in this hotel is that the room is huge. All these at a very reasonable price!

• Liked — large room, good breakfast and room service
  • Disliked — i never really liked the pool here-they share with crowne plaza
  • Stayed September 2008
1 Thank van023
irvine
Reviewed September 3, 2008

The hotel itself was decent. Acceptable standards. The location was excellent, everything was within walking distance and safe. The hotel was in a nice central location between Quezon City, Makati and Manila. I would definite recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank ricaIrvine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasig
Marco Polo Ortigas Manila
Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines
The Malayan Plaza
The Malayan Plaza
#13 of 22 in Pasig

Been to Holiday Inn Manila Galleria? Share your experiences!