“Nothing special”

Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Pasig
Hamburg, Germany
“Nothing special”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed for two nights over a weekend. Check in was poor and uninspiring. The guy who assisted me couldn't have been more disengaged when he interacted with me. I had a special rate and didn't have the voucher so he basically just said mail it to me or I'll change your rate. After I sent it to his address, of course no acknowledgment. That was cold. The room wasn't ready as I was a bit early so I provided my local no. so they can call me by 2 pm and thought I could go around and check out the adjacent mall while I was waiting. Two pm came no call so I just decided to go back and check, so my room was already ready but never got a call Not a great way to start a stay especially if your really tired. The girl who gave me the key was much more engaging than the first one though.

The room is old. It's like stepping back into a bad 70's movie. A massive renovation is required. Pay a little bit extra and you get the brand new Holiday Inn in Makati. It was quite spacious though.

One of the things that frustrated me was the internet charges. They charge you a ridiculous fee of around 4,- Euro for an hour--and get this, you can only use one device at a time. That's criminal. I decided to try it out, logged on for 15 mins and logged out. The connection was like a dial up modem, I suggest you go down to one of the phone companies at the mall and purchase a wifi stick for half the price and get better broadband speed, at least you can get some work done. I raised it upon check out and asked if I needed to pay the whole amount and basically just got another cold reply that it's chargeable. Seems flexibility is not the game here. I would've accepted those charges if the speed was T3. The TV reception was bad and grainy.

The hotel was also full of loud Filipino families staying over the weekend who kept banging doors at 3 am in the morning like they owned the place. I know the Philippines can be a bit dangerous sometimes but the amount of non-discreet security personnel is off-putting. What's the point of a metal detector in the lobby when you don't frisk and stop anyone who causes a beep? It's like walking through airport security and just letting people with firearms through.

I would've given this hotel a lower rating if not only for the housekeeping service. It was quick and immaculate. It was the only service aspect that stayed true to their stay different branding.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel unless you need to stay in Ortigas centre, it's accessible to a lot of things.

Room Tip: If your on business ask for a quiet room away from the hustle and bustle of the hoards of kids that...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PsychedDeutsch
Felipe_Gotor, Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding our hotel. Rest assured that we will address the issues you have raised and provide a better service on your next stay.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Littleton, Colorado, United States
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed a week for work and had the graveyard shift. Sleeping during the day was tough since the curtains didn't completely cover the windows. The view was of neighboring buildings. The hospitality was outstanding and my housekeeper helped me with the curtain issue. I didn't get a chance to use many services but being attached to the mall is convenient. Walking to another mall, even though it is very close, is a hazard to your lungs and eyes. I had everything I needed and more than enough space. My housekeeper kept me well stocked with water too.

Room Tip: Curtains may not cover the entire window if you need to sleep during the day. Watch out for the smal...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Aubrey,

Thank you for appreciating our Room Attendant Luv Luv for her effort in making you feel comfortable. It truly gives us a sense of achievement to hear such kind words.

I hope you will get a chance to enjoy our gym and pool at the 5th level of our hotel on your next visit.

We hope to welcome you once more here in Holiday Inn Manila Galleria.

Krabi Town, Thailand
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We stayed from this hotel about 5 times now. It never fails to give the service we are paying for. Room service was great but the breakfast served a bit slow( it was like we would like to cancel our order) but the rest excellent esp. the check in process - very convenient.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Michael2332
Felipe_Gotor, Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are grateful for your loyalty. I am saddened that you weren't entirely pleased during your recent stay with us because of our breakfast service time. I would like to apologize for keeping you waiting. We appreciate that you have brought this to our attention and rest assured that I have taken note of your concern.

Hoping that on your return, we were be able to make it up to you for this inconvenience.

Jakarta
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Overall I give this hotel a thumbs up for effort and efficiency. The staff overall were helpful, efficient and well trained.

There is an easy route into a shopping mall which was necessary for my trip to Manila. I stayed on 2 occasions at this hotel, one day on the way in prior to visiting Tacloban City (The epi-centre of Typhoon Haiyan destruction) and then one day on the return.

On both occasions I rested well, feed well off the room service menu.

One negative was getting online with the laptop, the instructions to get online were clear and easy to follow, but my problem was why was I crawling around on my hands and knees trying to find an electrical socket to plug my laptop into. I eventually found one below my desk which was not being used. On my second visit I found one behind the curtain at floor level.

In this day and age when so many travelers are there on business electrical sockets should be available from the chair at desk top level. This wasn't the case in this hotel.

Overall though it was a good stay, however on reflection I will likely choose another hotel if I have a return to Manila.

Mc

Room Tip: I had a suite overlooking the main street (26th floor) and about 1 o'clock in the morning some c...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Felipe_Gotor, Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Richard,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Manila Galleria!

Thank you for staying in our hotel. We are pleased to share that our Internet facilities will be upgraded by Q2 2014 (we hope you could share us your thoughts with regards to speed so that we would know if the upgrade worked). Thank you also for mentioning the electrical sockets. We do have rooms that has that set-up, nonetheless, we are on-going with our project to install sockets on top of the working desk for guest convenience.

We hope to welcome you soon, Richard. Cheers!

Felipe
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Situated above a mall and near businesses, location is fairly okay. The rooms are a bit old and the 2 decade-old marble bathroom tiles are in need of replacement. Service is okay, nothing special. I wouldn't mind staying there again in the future.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Felipe_Gotor, Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to let us know of your thoughts about our hotel. It is always a delight to receive comments from our guests. We appreciate that you find the location ideal as it is situated near business institutions and connected to a shopping center.

We are pleased to let you know, we are currently planning on improving our facilities to address this concern.

Hoping that on your return, we were able to exceed your expectations from us.

Felipe Gotor
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed here for 2 days and it is very nice and good for shoppers. A great room for family or couples. You can go to the mall easily in just 3 minutes walk. But one thing I don't like is the hotel parking, everytime you have to go out, we always go to the lobby and take a hotel parking pass.

Room Tip: Higher floors is awesome. No disturbance
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments and choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria.

We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel's direct access to the shopping mall is among our guest's favorite feature. On your next visit, you and your family might also want to try and visit other malls as they are either walking distance or a few minutes away from the hotel.

Regarding your concern on our parking pass, we apologize for the inconvenience. I'm hoping for your kind understanding as issuance of daily parking pass is part of our security measures. Please be assured that your comments are important to us and we will take a look into this to simplify our procedures.

We are happy to be of service

Felipe Gotor
Singapore
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed in this hotel three times already and it is a good hotel.

However, I want to alert everyone staying there of a potential scam attempt. You will receive a call in your room by someone who claims is one of your friends in the Philippines. This person will claim he is very busy today and ask you for a favour delivering money to a friend of his, who needs it urgently. Your "friend" will meet you later for dinner on the promise to reimburse you for your expenses. Luckily, I asked this guy a simple verification question, which he couldn't answer, so I didn't give money to anyone.

However, I alerted the hotel reception about this matter and asked them to change my room for security reasons (after all they knew where I stayed). The hotel staff was very helpful and also listed me as an unregistered guest as well as offering to monitor all calls to my room. They informed me that a similar thing happened a few month before and also in their sister hotel the Crowne Plaza next door.

The leak of my information could only have come from some of the hotel staff (which they denied) or (more likely) the hotel transportation company (which is a third party). I recommend that if you use hotel transportation (other than what they already have, mainly your name in which the booking was made), don't give away any personal information and details about your stay to your driver, even small talk (like in my case).

I like this hotel, but I will definitely be more vigilant should I decide to return there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank ThePassenger26
Felipe_Gotor, Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
We appreciate that you have shared with us your experience during your recent stay with us.

At Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, safety and security of our guests is our greatest priority. I have already cascaded this matter to concerned departments for immediate action. We will be treating this seriously and give it appropriate attention.

Please be assured that, we are strictly following and implementing the safety standards on guest privacy implemented by InterContinental Hotels Group. Our team is also well trained and prepared to handle situations such as this.

On your return, please do not hesitate to let us know how we can make your stay even more comfortable. If you wish to have the same booking arrangements, please feel free to inform us. We will be more than willing to arrange it for you.

We are thankful for the trust you place in us. Looking forward to have you with us again

Feipe
Executive Assistant Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasig
Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria
#8 of 21 in Pasig
Richmonde Hotel Ortigas
Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines
Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila

Been to Holiday Inn Manila Galleria? Share your experiences!