Holiday Inn Manila Galleria
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsgold's gymfab restaurantsister hoteldirect accessshopping mallbreakfast buffetcorner roombit datedreceiving areamini barspacious roomhousekeeping staffchecking inupon checkortigas areamanilacrown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I recently spent a week at this hotel. This review should be read on conjunction with the Holiday Inn which is right next door in helping you decide which hotel to stay at. I've stayed at both hotels on numerous occassions.
Both the Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn are right next to each other (literally). They have a connecting a corridor. The Crowne Plaza is certainly the newer and nicer of the two hotels, although you need to weigh this against the increased cost.
Both hotels adjoin the Manila Galleria, which is a large "western" style shopping centre. The shopping centre has a department store, movie cinema, loads of clothing shops and quite a number of eating places.
The Crowne Plaza is definitely the newer of the two hotels and everything feels newer. My TV was upgraded while I was there from a CRT to an LED. The rooms are about the same size, but the finishes are newer and more modern. The Holiday Inn has alot of 'wood' finishes and feels darker.
However, both hotels have excellent service, with attentive staff, helpful and useful.
Both hotels have restaurants (which you could use regardless which restaurant you were at).
The pool and gym is shared between hotels. The gym is also open to the public, although was never crowded while I was there.
The hotels are central to the Ortigas area and taxis are easy to get.
The big negative is that Ortigas is quite a way from the airport an the horrendous traffic in Manila means it takes awhile to get anywhere (especially to the airport) - 1-2 hours depending on traffic.
If I were staying at either hotel again, I would stay at Crowne Plaza if the prices were about the same. If there was significant difference, I'd opt for the Holiday Inn, for although it's not as nice, it's certainly fine as international standards go.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jungl3Boy
ManilaGalleria, Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

Greetings from Holiday Inn Manila Galleria!

We appreciate your wonderful comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It gives us delight to make our guests pleased and we hope to continue to provide you with the quality service you deserve.

All the best,

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Only had a brief 2 day stay before I headed out to White Rocks and Cebu, but when I return to PI I'll stay there again because the staff, comfort and value are top notch.

Arrived in the wake of a Typhoon, so my excursions limited me to the Mall-great place to shop but make sure you have a wad of Pesos because quite a few merchants did not take credit cards (lots of currency exchange and ATM's available-usually I purchase a few hundred USD worth of the countries currency at the local US bank before I head overseas).

The Suite I stayed in was HUGE. The adjacent bedroom was comfortable and clean. Bathroom was a little outdated and showed some wear (aging yellow paint, and a few cracked floor tiles) but for me it was no big deal-it's a place where you don't spend a lot of time in anyway.

Great room service, and the restaurant was top notch. I fell in love with Lechon Kawali, steamed rice with a side of vinegar, Bangus or the awesome dish Bangus Sisig.

I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Make a jump to the Suites, HI Ambassador or International membership gives you a few extra perks upon arrival.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Timothy W

All the best,

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The rooms are a little old but they are clean. The hotel staff couldnt be any more helpful, professional and polite an A+ all the way around from the doormen, bellhop, front desk, housekeeping, and managers. Alex at Bar 1 is awesome and dont forget to go by TGIF for some beers and hot wings, see the manager Paul who is excellent. I have stayed there each and every time I go to Manila, I just cant see myself anywhere else. Keep up the great work there!

Greetings from Holiday Inn Manila Galleria!

Thank you for taking the time to rate our property. It gives us great joy and pleasure to know that your recent stay with us was comfortable. A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we greatly value your feedback.
We hope to continue to provide you with the quality service you deserve.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Hotel:
Location wise. ALmost near to everything. It is also connected to Robinsons Mall it has access in the 4th floor. Also if you want to shop in Greenhills it is just 15 minutes away from the hotel.

Room:
It was spacious. We took the room with 2 queen-size bed and has the pool view. Actually we transferred a room since the previous room we had a small for the family. Anyway no major issues. The CSR at the frontdesk name was Jordan was very accommodating and helped us with this.

Food:
Buffet breakfast was good. Just right selections.

Staffs:
Friendly and helpful.

Overall we had a pleasant stay before leaving Philippines wish we could have stayed longer.
Highly recommended.

1  Thank sw33ttraveller
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I combined a business trip with a family staycation at the Holiday Inn Manila recently. We've stayed at this establishment even before it became part of the Holiday Inn chain and the room size has always been a plus point. On this occassion, we stayed in a room with a living area which mainly has a sitting and dining area adjacent to the bedroom. While the hotel is showing its age, the facility is well maintained and clean. A refurbishment program will go a long way though in keeping up with other hotel developments in Makati, where there is as well a new Holiday Inn, and Bonifacio Global City.

We were given welcome drinks at Bar One, which though signs in the elevators say is at level 4, is actually already at level 3. Check-in was rather slow as there was a queue of people at the front desk. Elevators are also rather slow and at peak hours can actually take a few minutes to arrive.

Location is at the fringe of the Ortigas Business DIstrict. Traffic in the area is really horrible, though no fault of the hotel of course. Good that the hotel itself is connected to the Robinson's Galleria Mall. The MRT station at Ortigas is actually a few minutes walk away from the mall and hotel, much closer to SM Megamall actually.

Sleep quality was adequate. The bed was comfortable as were the pillows.

We would certainly consider staying here again due to the location beside the mall and the generous room size.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear RRGT,

First of all, we like to thank you for having chosen our hotel and we also like to thank you for having taken the time to share your valuable comment with us. Guest comments like yours are paramount for allowing us to focus our attention where guests’ feel it is necessary. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G