Holiday Inn Manila Galleria
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsgold's gymfab restaurantsister hoteldirect accessshopping mallbreakfast buffetcorner roombit datedreceiving areamini barspacious roomhousekeeping staffchecking inupon checkortigas areamanilacrown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed at Holiday Inn Zhabei in Shanghai as part of a cruise package. Happily, this Holiday Inn is sooo different. Yes, both may be senior citizens in terms of appearance but let me compare. In Zhabei, as a Priority Club Member, I got a welcome drink (soda or beer); in Manila, I got upgraded to an executive room and guest services promptly gave me a call to find out how everything was and if I needed anything else. There, the carpet had a stench; here it was well-maintained. There, shower was in a small enclosure; here, a bathtub. There, bed and pillows were run down; here, comfortable with a nice smell. There, a room service menu to forget; here, one of the best selections in ANY hotel, including noodles, meat, poultry, seafood, Asian regional favorites, pizza, pasta, desserts, name it. There, located near a train station, KFC, McDonald's, some local shops; here, directly connected to a huge mall with countless shops and restaurants, a department store with grocery, even movie theaters. Also, daily newspaper here; there, none. The only thing they have there that is lacking here are 3 internet stations in the lobby for free. For just over a hundred dollars a night, the Holiday Inn here is definitely worth it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Firstly, the location is decent and most parts of the city are easily accessible by taxi to tourists and business travellers alike (Make sure the journey is metered - worldtaximeter.com is handy for calculating correct fares in advance of a ride & I found it to accurately predict all my cab journeys in Manila).

The Hotel itself is connected to the Galleria shopping centre, with access via the 3rd & 4th floors - Robinsons was handy for toiletries & there's McD's & Burger King on site if you're so inclined. The front desk were friendly and efficient, with a quick check-in.

As a non-smoker, the property unfortunately suffers from an all-pervasive scent of tobacco, which was noticeable even in the air being filtered into non-smoking rooms.

Room Tip: Pics relate to the view from room 1810
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear rhymeocerous,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. It is great to know that our location suited your needs and you had an efficient check in. However, I'd like to apologize that you found your stay to be less than satisfactory due to the unusual scent on site. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future enhancements needed.

I am hoping that you give us another opportunity to host you again in the future.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed there for 3 days. Location is nice since it is attached to a shopping mall. Hotel fare is okay consider most hotels in Manila are overpriced. Free food is served.

Breakfast is okay only although there are variety of choices. The fitness center is belongs to Gold Gym. Very limited treadmill and weight lifting equipment. Toilet and bed are okay. The wallpaper is a bit torn down. I do encounter the inflexibility of check out earlier since the system is not flexible to handle it. I end up paying 1 days extra.

Room Tip: Go for higher floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
John Romelle S, Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Hi Gopaltan

Thank you for the review, hope you had time to visit the City!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This Hotel is next to the Crowne Plaza, where I stayed last year, but the rooms are available at a lower price. The lobby isn't very impressive. It was crowded, with a big group checking in whenI arrived. My room wasn't ready, but they comped me an upgrade to an executive room, to make up for my wait. I was also comped the interet, which there is normally a charge for. Stepping out of the elevator onto my floor, I was impressed with the wood panel decor. I think the hallways actually look more luxurious than the ones in the Crowne Plaza. One of the waiters in the hotel's Chinese restaurant claimed the rooms in the Holiday Inn are larger than the ones in the Crown Plaza. My executive room was almost a junior suite, with a living room area.

The rate I booked included the buffet breakfast. The breakfast is good, but not as varied as the one in the Crowne Plaza. The hotel's Bar One has been relocated to the Third floor, from teh Fourth, where it was last year. The new location is significantly smaller. The room ammenities seem similar to those in the Crowne Plaza. Two free bottles of water are provided, each day. Free tooth brush and shaving kit is also provided. The room's air conditioning was plenty cold. Ad the hotel is adjacent to Robinsons Galleria Mall, there are passages into the mall on the third and fourth floors. The mall has cheaper money exchange, a cinema, a supermarket, a food court, and loads of shops. I noticed this property seemed more popular with Filipinos, than the Crowne Plaza is. Maybe, that's because of the lower price. The staff attitude is great and extremely polite. This seems to be the lowest priced IHG property in Metro Manlia. Despite that, it provides everything one needs. I would definitely use it again.

Room Tip: I recommend high floor rooms, for a great view of Manila.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Hi Joseph

Thank you for the great review we are pleased you chose our hotel please visit us again!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I checked in last April 20, 2013 a day before my birthday just to have some rest and relaxation. I am not happy with the hotel service because I kept on making a follow up on my extra bed request for five times and I am glad they finally send the bed to my room on the 6th follow up that I made. I stayed in an executive suite but I do not get to enjoy the executive suite treatment. I just remembered after a few days that I am not given a discount because I brought with me a senior citizen which is entitled to that discount. The breakfast is not so good. Fruits are not fresh. Dimsums are overcooked. Variety is not appropriate for a breakfast. The chef are not friendly. The only good thing about the hotel is it was near a shopping mall wherein you can do shopping and choose a wide range of restaurant where you can dine with your family. But overall I am dissatisfied with the way they treat their customers

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Hi Ruby

We are sorry for the delays from your request. Let us know when you will stay with us again so we can make it up to you. :)