Holiday Inn Manila Galleria
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsgold's gymfab restaurantsister hoteldirect accessshopping mallbreakfast buffetcorner roombit datedreceiving areamini barspacious roomhousekeeping staffchecking inupon checkortigas areamanilacrown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 27, 2011

The room was booked under a special rate, so I did not expect much. After reading the reviews here, I knew that I should be getting a solid 3-star European rating hotel. The hotel turned out to be a decent 4-star Western property. The location is not that far from the airport, easily accessible by the MRT (though from the airport one would need to take the taxi to the nearest station). I'd not recommend doing so to anyone with luggage though: steps to the hotel are somewhat steep.

The general atmosphere of the hotel is friendly. While some staff were a bit unpleasant (no smiles, no greetings), overall, I enjoyed the stay. The hotel fulfilled it function: a place to sleep, a place to relax and a place to have breakfast. There is wi-fi in the hotel, but one has to pay (the solution is the near Starbucks that offer gratis Internet).

Overall, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank made_in_ukraine
JChua320, Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2011

Dear guest,

Thanks for your nice comments which we will share with our team immediately. Please be also assured that we are going to emphasize the smile attitude again. We are looking forward welcoming you again.

Frank
Resident Manager

Reviewed February 16, 2011

All was good until tobacco smoke and smell started coming into the room. Approached the night manager with the situation and he offered another room. I dont feel I had to move rooms when I wasnt smoking. He did not seem too concerned about finding out who was violating the rules. Had a hard time sleeping with the odor migrating into my room. Also there is no shuttle offered from the airport to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank 73chally
JChua320, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2011

Dear guest

Thanks for your valuable comments and please be assured that appropriate actions have been taken.

Regarding the shuttle transfer we do have different cars available from our transportation company AVIS, however this service is not complimentary.

On behalf of the team, we thank you for your patronage and we hope to be of service to you in the future.

Frank

Reviewed February 1, 2011

This is my 4th or 5th time staying at this hotel and we stay here primarily due to the convenience of the shopping centers nearby. The hotel is connected to Robinson's Mall, which is very large and offers fun play centers for my son and numerous inexpensive dining options. We did have to wait 5-10 minutes for our room to be ready, but we got exactly the type of room we requested for. I've noticed the rooms have been updated since my last visit, which was about a year and a half ago. The beds are more comfortable and the carpets have been changed. But the dark wood trim all over the room gives it a dated feel. No renovations on the bathrooms, but I was extremely happy with the water pressure and temperature. My son loved his bath!

If you are coming to Manila for shopping, this is a great place that you can book for less than $100. SM Mega Mall is only 5 minutes away by taxi and it takes costs about $2 to get there. The only thing is waiting in the taxi lines - coming back from SM took almost an hour because there were so many people and not enough taxis.

The service is what you'd expect from a typical Holiday Inn, for the most part, they're polite and friendly. Make sure to keep some bills on you for tips. The only gripes I have about staying here is there is no free wi-fi and the ridiculous airport transfer fees. Airport to hotel cost Php1600 and leaving was Php2800! Wish they could offer a better rates for this service.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank angelmyth
Reviewed January 16, 2011

Go on the Holiday In website and look for the business rooms. These are the rooms that have the Holiday Inn Refresh. What's strange was at the time I booked, they were the same price as the regular rooms. It didn't feel like a business room, but the Refresh was nice and everything was new with a comfortable bed.

The location is perfect being connected to a large mall. Also, the SM Megamall is only a 10 minute walk away. However, due to it's location, avoid having to travel by taxi during rush hour. Hard to get taxi's and the traffic is just awful. This is the only bad point about the location.

As someone else said, change money in the mall. I arrived at midnight very tired and made the mistake of misunderstanding the rate. I lost about $50. Too be fair, they offered me free internet or breakfast to make up for it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank bpdogs
JChua320, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2011

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments and positive feedback. Holiday Inn went through a global refresh during the last few years and we are also happy to have one of these refreshed Holiday Inns here in Manila.

We are looking forward welcoming you back with us.

Reviewed December 30, 2010

We were supposed to stay at Crowne Plaza but since we requested for a room with kitchen and dining facilities, our travel agent booked us at Holiday Inn. We got the 1 BR suite. Although the room is quite big, it lacked the basic hotel features we were looking for. No kitchen equipment (they couldnt even provide us with a microwave oven when we requested for one) and no tv in the living room. The suite had the old hotel feel and you can tell by the condition of the furniture. The staff were unattentive and unwelcoming compared to other hotels we've been to. We were quite disappointed considering the reputation of the Holiday Inn group of hotels. Staying here will be a waste of money.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family