“Far cry from when they first opened.”
Review of Nav

Top 3 things to order:
1. Son in law eggs
2. Crispy tilapia
3. Pad Thai

I went to this place when they were on their soft opening and vowed never to go back. Months later through stroke of luck I decided to give it another chance. Best decision yet. Now I'd come here whenever I crave for pad Thai (which is all the time)

This place is affordable and definitely worth the visit.

1  Thank ChoeeWanKenobi

Reviewed June 3, 2012

My husband and I decided to try out Nav to see what all the fuss was about. Sadly, we were disappointed and found the restaurant to be overrated. We had high expectations since one of the owners is said to be the former chef of People's Palace.

We ordered the Son-in-Law Eggs which got good reviews from blogs. It was nothing great. My husband took one bite and didn't even bother to finish it. I ate one piece and had the rest wrapped to go. I gave it to my helper to eat.

I decided to order the shrimp rolls with homemade chili since it's one of my favorite items to order at Thai restos. It looked like it had been overcooked, the rolls were dark brown and oily. Not appetizing at all and the taste was mediocre. I've had better shrimp rolls at other restaurants that didn't even specialize in Thai cuisine. You would think that they would have gotten their shrimp rolls down pat right? Well they haven't.

My husband liked the Tom Yum Goong.

The crispy tilapia was good but then again how could you go wrong with such a simple dish right? We liked the sauce.

The Pad Thai had the best value for money. The portion was large and it was tasty.

Management should do something about the flies inside the restaurant. Flies are a major turnoff and cheapens the ambiance of any establishment.

I'm not a big fan of the funky green seat cushions. Honestly, I think the color is atrocious, not classy at all. A more subdued shade of green would have been more pleasing to the eye.

The restroom isn't located inside the restaurant. You have to go out, turn left, enter a narrow walkway, walk by other establishments and their male employees hanging outside during their break time. I can imagine going to the restroom would be creepy at night given these circumstances.