“I would not recommend to any Indian traveller”
Review of New Bombay

New Bombay
Ranked #218 of 496 Restaurants in Pasig
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I am out on business trip since 6 days n was craving to have good n delicious Indian vegetarian food which I had located before I started my trip n I had been to this New Bombay rest. located in The Podium which was around 700 m away from my hotel The Exchange Regency in Ortigas Centre, Pasig city. When I ordered my mouth was watering seeing the menu but when I received the food the taste was not that good, it was just an ordinary restaurant. I being vegetarian thought would get nice biryani after many days but it was tasteless n the water was served in plastic glass which was not cleaned properly n had stink of dish washing detergent. Only the Indian masala tea with ginger was tasty, the customers were mostly Filipinos n I was the only Indian customer on 30.07.2013 evening. I would not recommend this restaurant to any Indian traveler searching for Indian food as other restaurants in malls like Thai cuisine or others could prepare better veg options.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

OK, I know Indian food isn't massively popular in the Philippines, but I'm English and we Brits love Indian food so spending long periods in the Philippines has left me craving for the Indian Spices... until I discovered New Bombay that is! Me and my wife have visited this restaurant lots of times now, and the food has been consistently great quality. The location is convenient too, on the top floor of the mall, and its well priced also. I would recommend this place to anyone who enjoys Indian food.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have to say this is the best Indian cuisine in Philippines. I am a vegetarian and i never thought I could get such delicious Indian food in Manila at a reasonable cost.
10/10 for service & food.
8/10 - ambience

Reviewed February 25, 2013

New Bombay serves Authentic Indian Cuisine. I love the Chicken Lahori, Paneer Butter Masala and the Plain Lassi. They serve the best Indian food in the City.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

As Muslims we have to be careful while eating so we look for Halal food. Being new to the city of Manila, we could not find a suitable place to eat as we needed halal food. We were staying on the ADB Avenue in Ortigas Center a comparitively posher area and there were no Muslim inhabitants around. While moving around I met a Pakistani who told me to go to New Bombay in the Podium Mall. We did that as we were very hungry. We found the restaurant and tried to tell the Phillipino girls at the counter what we wanted but they were not good at English. Just then a person takes his head out of the kitchen window and asked us in Urdu as to what we wanted. He then advised us on what to eat.
We had a wonderful meal and enjoyed ourselves. The vegetables and dal (lentils) were delicious, the bread was hot and directly from the tanoor (oven). It really was a very good and pleasant experience.

1  Thank n b