“Fantastic fresh food”

Ba Noi's
Ranked #113 of 491 Restaurants in Pasig
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Authentic Vietnamese cuisine along East Capitol Drive, Kapitolyo Village, Pasig.
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Came here as we were staying at ace hotel just down the road. Ordered fresh spring rolls, pancake with shrimp and pork, bok choy and beef with noodles lettuce and sauce. Overall great speedy service, delicious flavours and value for money.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

My experience with Vietnamese restaurants (outside of Vietnam) is that the food taste basically the same. Ba Noi's food has a slight edge in taste.

The Fresh Spring Rolls would be a good start for your meal - theirs may look the same as other restaurants but they manage to get the right balance of the taste of the different ingredients in the roll specially the perfect hint of mint. I also love it that the peanut sauce is not too heavy on the 'peanutty' taste.

The beef noodles as well as the dry noodles were really delicious. The two sauces they offer for the beef noodles really raise the taste a notch higher. The Vietnamese coffee is also perfect as a meal-ender.

The lava cake is excellent but it is really too sweet for me.

The place is quite small but the service is good. It is also very easy to miss if you are not familiar with the street as it used to be a highly residential area. Parking is also a problem specially during peak hours when you may have to park on the side of the street far from the restaurant. As for the price, with the same amount you pay for the noodles in other restaurants, you get a serving that can satisfy two persons - their's is mostly just good for one.

If you're tired of the usual taste of the popular Vietnamese restaurants you find in the malls, consider this as another option.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Ba Noi's Kapitolyo
January 24, 2014 Friday

Arrived past 6:30pm, there's still available tables on a Friday dinner. Checked the menu and found the 3 significant vietnamese foods that stuck to us until today. Pho Bo (Beef Noodles, Bun Cha (Grilled Pork, Fried Spring Roll, Vermicelli Rice), Gui Cuon (Fresh Spring Roll).

I asked the staff to served the PHO BO as soon as it's available. We wanted to savor the hot broth the way it was served in Hanoi. It was hot alright but after few minutes broth was getting cold. First sip was like, OK, this is better than my experience in Pho Hoa and Pho 24. My shoulders did not shrug and wish that I go back in Hanoi as soon as possible. This was OK for me. I asked for pepper to taste.

Bun Cha: a totally different from what we've experience in Hanoi where Bun Cha was served in a different bowls (rice vermicelli, grilled pork, fried spring rolls, their awesome sauce/soup, and lots of greens/veggies). Theirs was in a bowl filled with rice vermicelli, grilled pork (2pcs) that tasted burger patty, spring rolls (2pcs sliced into two) that's on the sweet side, and cabbage instead of mints & different greens), and the sauce/soup was served in a saucer instead of small bowl in Hanoi. Experience was not the same but because it's different from most of the restaurants that serving carbo and oily food, I commend this resto for trying their best to give us a healthy meal.

Goi Cuon (Fresh Spring Rolls): this cannot stand on its own, blant, sticky, but the peanut sauce help this meal on my opinion. <Hanoi has it's minty taste from its herbs and light in every bite. (If you happen to visit Hanoi I suggest to try their Rice Noodle Rolls it has a better taste than the beautifully presented Fresh Spring Rolls)>

My friend's opinion: Pho Bo (Beef Noodles) Ba Noi's, Bun Cha (Grilled Pork, Fried Spring Rolls) Pho Hoa

Fast Service, Attentive, FREE WiFi

TOTAL: 746.16 w/ 12%VAT + 10%Service Charge (Shared by 2, no take out, in short ubos! hehehe)

I'm waiting for a BUFFET RESTAURANT that offers VIETNAMESE FOOD (wishing...)

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Hubby and I went there on a weekend late dinner...roughly 830pm onwards. The restaurant was crowded but we were able to find a table for two.

My hubby wanted to try their noodles while I inquired for the house specials.
He settled for the chicken pho while I had their beef cubes (which the server swears would be tender) with pepper and lime.

Service was good and nice. Fast and efficient came the water refills and the order. It was like clock work.

Spring rolls was okay and pho was typical as per hubby but I was pretty impressed on the beef cubes! Yummy and tender! The server wasn't joking!!!
I would go back again and again for this...though portion is a bit smaller than I wanted. :(

Overall, it was okay good. I think I need to find another dish or two that would "wow" me to make the rating higher.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

My best friend who came home for the holidays wanted to try a the ramen i'd been posting on my instagram, too bad, ramen cool is closed, but too good we're able to find Ba Noi's. It was our first and the food is good and we were the last customers and were accommodated. the coffee was the icing on cake!