“Excellent food, great service and great wines!! A must try you'll definitely come back!”
Review of Cafe 1771

Cafe 1771
Ranked #38 of 477 Restaurants in Pasig
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Telephone + 63 2 631 7340.
Reviewed March 8, 2012

It was my first time in Cafe 1771 as I was meeting several colleagues from the office for a late dinner and they recommended to dine here, at first I was skeptical as I really wanted a Steak, I mean coming from U.K. its hard to find a place that serves good steaks, but least to say I was impressed.
I was already running late, before I could rush through the door the receptionist kindly opened the door, greeted me in asked for the reservation name and took me to my table. We were sat in what they call the lounge area, really homely yet with stylish seats and comfortable sofas and the interior was designed like "Home Library" I thought this was great! As soon I was sat the server kindly gave me a menu and poured me some water (I knew from this moment that there would no problems with service). My colleagues had already ordered the starters for us to share (Caesar Salad & squash blossoms which is a must try!) as well as a round of soup of the day for second course, (they know I'm British so they thought I must love my soups). They had already ordered their mains so looking through the menu I was craving a rib eye steak the server noticed I was taking time to make a decision so he politely asked if he could make a recommendation, I asked if they had rib eye and to my joy they did! 300g of angus beef rib eye, he said this was from their menu upstairs..I was looking confused so he explained their was a Winebar on the second floor, specializing in steaks, burgers and oysters (I made a reservation for Winebar next week!). We ate through our 1st, 2nd and 3rd course so quickly that we did not even have time to discuss what we were here to discuss, I must add it was Excellent 1st and second course where great but that was one of the best rib eyes I've ever had. We still had much to discuss and I fancied a glass of Wine and desert and decided that we would have it upstairs in Winebar...firstly the wine is great your assisted in making a selection with their very own sommelier, secondly the deserts where heavenly!! I ordered 4 between 3 of us they looked so good, they have them on display in their deserts counter. I'm so happy that my colleagues brought me here and next week I'm going to Winebar for a proper dinner, I hope it doesn't disappoint because I'm definitely posting my experience on here. I also noticed they're open for breakfast and lunch, I think I found my new place to go, they'll be sick of me! So all in all in all I'd give this place 5 stars!

1  Thank kirk d
There are newer reviews for Cafe 1771

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Visited 1771 (el Pueblo, Ortigas) for the first time. Restaurant featured lots of baby blue in a 'summer room' type design. Food was C+ / B-. Service was initially laughable but later stressful. On arrival the restaurant was quite empty - despite this we were offered a table in a busy 'corridor' area which we declined. We hadn't ordered our drinks or been given menus when a waiter came over for food orders. We were then ignored for 30 minutes whilst the waiters stood around talking to each other. Eventually our drinks arrived 10 minutes apart. Anything to do with ordering wine by the glass was a nothing less than a joke. At one stage the waiter brought our an unopened bottle of the wine they were featuring by the glass. Then when we said we'd have two glasses the waiter told us they were out of stock - and then started arguing with us!!!!!! Seriously painful place. Overall, a frustratingly incoherent experience.

3  Thank TomG1234
Reviewed January 31, 2012

This is a very beautiful place in the centre of Pasig city. In the ground level the Cafe 1771 serves food, has a nice selection of desserts and in the first floor the wine bar gives an opportunity for a nice time with friends and colleagues.

The ambiance is really beautiful, cozzy, romantic and prepares you for a very good dining experience.

The service is very good and the selection of wines also adequate. The problem of Cafe 1771 is the food. Sorry to say but it is bad. No flavor, badly cooked and no good combinations.

I had dinner with colleagues and we all choose fish as main dish. Everything was overcooked (fish extremely dry) with sauces that were not matching the fish and side dishes that had no flavor.

Maybe fish is not their strong point but if what I ate there is representative of the kitchen then i can suggest the place for a couple of drinks but not for food.

2  Thank Trip_Datum
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Ambience is great. Food is great. The service wows. And they give you popcorn while waiting for your order. Desserts and coffee are good here too. Price is on the higher side so be ready to spend five to six hundred pesos per head, or at least eleven u.s. dollars per person.

2  Thank lead55
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We booked our Father's Day breakfast in Cafe 1771. The restaurant is just lovely. One side was decorated like a home library, with bookshelves lining the walls, filled with interesting books. Makes you feel really comfortable, The menu offered a wide range of breakfast choices -from continental to Filipino to child-friendly options. We were all very happy with our food. One would be tempted to just lounge around in this cafe with a good book and a cup of coffee. It's the perfect restaurant for a lazy Sunday morning :-)

1  Thank gafrancomd