I stayed one night over the weekend with my wife and we booked a one bedroom deluxe room. We booked the room online as the prices for booking in advance were cheaper on the internet than when you tried to book over the phone directly. (Not really sure why this is an online only promo thing. This fact, as well as having multiple websites for the hotel on the internet, made for some pre-booking confusion).
The hotel is located in a very good location. It is inside one of the central business districts in Metro Manila and there are a lot of malls all around it as well as convenience stores and restaurants. There are at least two malls that are in walking distance so you could just eat there instead of availing of the hotel's expensive private dining options.
Finding a parking spot was pretty easy as I was assigned a spot upon entering the parking area. Check-in was quick and smooth. The room was very spacious, luxurious and modern. Our room came with a full kitchen with refrigerator, dishwasher, stove and cookware. There was also a laundry machine. There was a very spacious living room with dining area which you could use to entertain other guests.
The bedroom was also very spacious. The large and comfortable bed made for a good night's rest. There is a separate A/C for the bedroom and for the living room. We didn't turn on any of the A/C's for most of our stay because the room was already cool probably due to the weather. Sound can be a problem (I guess more so when the A/C is off). From the bedroom, I could occasionally here furniture being moved in the other room as well as whispers. In the bathroom you could sometimes here guests in the other room talk. Wasn't really a big deal for us though but very light sleepers may be annoyed.
The bathroom floor and walls were made of marble and added to the luxurious feel. The bathroom consists of double basins, a rain shower and a bath tub with a TV. (There is a smaller room called the studio executive but that doesn't come with a bath tub, everything else in the bathroom I assume is similar.)
Other modern fixtures found around the room included two phones (1 wireless), 3 TV's (1 each in the living room, bedroom and bathroom), electronic do-not-disturb / make up room sign, an iPod stereo in the bedroom and free wifi in the room. Basically everything you might need for an entertaining stay.
We were able to use the indoor pool. The pool is well maintained and heated to a warm temperature, great for doing laps on.
One thing I noticed though was that the house keeping service is a bit slow. I requested for one towel and a dental kit on two separate occasions and it took about 20 to 30 minutes on each occasion for the item to arrive. Service in other areas was excellent though. We were given a late checkout when requested and we were allowed to leave our car in the carpark even until a couple of hours after we checked out.
For the price of the room, this is probably the best value for money amongst the luxury hotels in the Ortigas Center. I've stayed at the three other luxury hotels in the area and this is the best value for your money. For a cheaper rate than the other hotels, you will get the same luxurious feel but a more spacious and complete room.
Overall, the hotel was outstanding and we'll definitely be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience luxury living, shopping pleasures and business comfort only at Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila. Ideal for corporate travelers and families on leisure, this five star hotel has the most expansive living space within the metro with a mix of studio executive rooms and suites ranging from 41 sqm to 182 sqm. All rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art entertainment system, only the top of the line kitchen facilities, a shower stall that doubles as a steambath and a washer and dryer among other modern conveniences. Located in the heart of Ortigas Center, Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila is steps away from the Asian Development Bank, 100 to 500 meters from a variety of shopping malls and entertainment facilities and 15 kms from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila Hotel Pasig
- Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila Metro Manila/Pasig, Philippines