“Luxurious rooms, great value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila

Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Pasig
Manila, Philippines
“Luxurious rooms, great value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed one night over the weekend with my wife and we booked a one bedroom deluxe room. We booked the room online as the prices for booking in advance were cheaper on the internet than when you tried to book over the phone directly. (Not really sure why this is an online only promo thing. This fact, as well as having multiple websites for the hotel on the internet, made for some pre-booking confusion).

The hotel is located in a very good location. It is inside one of the central business districts in Metro Manila and there are a lot of malls all around it as well as convenience stores and restaurants. There are at least two malls that are in walking distance so you could just eat there instead of availing of the hotel's expensive private dining options.

Finding a parking spot was pretty easy as I was assigned a spot upon entering the parking area. Check-in was quick and smooth. The room was very spacious, luxurious and modern. Our room came with a full kitchen with refrigerator, dishwasher, stove and cookware. There was also a laundry machine. There was a very spacious living room with dining area which you could use to entertain other guests.

The bedroom was also very spacious. The large and comfortable bed made for a good night's rest. There is a separate A/C for the bedroom and for the living room. We didn't turn on any of the A/C's for most of our stay because the room was already cool probably due to the weather. Sound can be a problem (I guess more so when the A/C is off). From the bedroom, I could occasionally here furniture being moved in the other room as well as whispers. In the bathroom you could sometimes here guests in the other room talk. Wasn't really a big deal for us though but very light sleepers may be annoyed.

The bathroom floor and walls were made of marble and added to the luxurious feel. The bathroom consists of double basins, a rain shower and a bath tub with a TV. (There is a smaller room called the studio executive but that doesn't come with a bath tub, everything else in the bathroom I assume is similar.)

Other modern fixtures found around the room included two phones (1 wireless), 3 TV's (1 each in the living room, bedroom and bathroom), electronic do-not-disturb / make up room sign, an iPod stereo in the bedroom and free wifi in the room. Basically everything you might need for an entertaining stay.

We were able to use the indoor pool. The pool is well maintained and heated to a warm temperature, great for doing laps on.

One thing I noticed though was that the house keeping service is a bit slow. I requested for one towel and a dental kit on two separate occasions and it took about 20 to 30 minutes on each occasion for the item to arrive. Service in other areas was excellent though. We were given a late checkout when requested and we were allowed to leave our car in the carpark even until a couple of hours after we checked out.

For the price of the room, this is probably the best value for money amongst the luxury hotels in the Ortigas Center. I've stayed at the three other luxury hotels in the area and this is the best value for your money. For a cheaper rate than the other hotels, you will get the same luxurious feel but a more spacious and complete room.

Overall, the hotel was outstanding and we'll definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: For two people, if you want the novelty of a bathtub with a television get a one bedroom deluxe room...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank rjyu
Trevor M, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear rjyu

Greetings from Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center.

Wow! What a great overview of our property. I really appreciated you taking the time to undertake your review, it is much appreciated. Great to read that you had a great experience with us; also you are correct, we have a great team here at Oakwood, I'm pleased that appreciated them.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope to welcome you back to Oakwood some time in the near future.

Trevor M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Thai first
Cainta, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed in the hotel overnight with my kids. Staffs are all accommodating, polite and smiling. We had a huge space, fully equipped kitchen area, however, there's no bidet and exhaust in the bathroom is not working (rm2801).
It was almost a great stay except when my kid got his ring finger pinched accidentally in the door, near the pool. The staff was quick and informed the Nurse on duty immediately for first aid. My son was brought to the nearest hospital for surgery. Kudos to Ms. Jen, who was the Nurse of duty and accompanied us to the hospital, also to Ms.Lala of the front desk for extending our stay for few hours with no charge. Highly recommended hotel, we'll be back for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Trevor M, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear JOycee123

Many thanks for taking the time to review Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center, I very much appreciate your effort.

I'm happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay but concerned that your son had a slight accident, I hope he has fully recovered. I was updated when this happened and understood that he was in good hands with Nurse Jen.

Thank you again for your kind comments, I appreciate you choosing Oakwood as your hotel of choice in Manila.

Kind regards,

Trevor M
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had a one hour delay arriving , so our family were already waiting for us at the lobby. So i was already stressed when i arrived. But the check-in was efficient and swift, that i felt at ease immediately. We stayed on the 26th floor, and had a fantastic view. I enjoyed the classic furnishings paired with the modern appliances. Ten minutes upon arrival, i was using the digitlal oven, and glass stove, and was setting up for dinner. We were too stressed to go out due to the delay, so we opted to dine in. After dinner, the automatic dishwasher was great to have!
At the same time, started doing laundry with the combo washer-dryer, and in 2 hours, the full load of laundry was done! There is STEAM iron(yes, not one of those cheap ones which doesnt remove one crease) so i was able to freshen up my suits in no time.
I also enjoyed the relaxing in-shower steam/sauna before taking a refreshing shower with great water pressure and a modern rain shower.
With everything set up for my next day meeting, i snuggled on the king size bed with crisp, clean sheets and huge pillows! Needless to say, i had a peaceful sleep. The unit was equipped with a modern security system and you dont need to hang those pesky door signs for privacy. You can set-up the DND alarm.
You see? I arrived at 4pm, that day, and after doing all those tasks paired with entertaining, i was in bed at 10, felt like i was home......
They have an ATM machine(cash machine) conveniently at the lobby, and a 7-11 across the street, open 24hours for neccesities( like a magnum ice cream bar for dessert)...
I started the next day with a beautiful bfast spread, an actual egg station, frsh fruit juices, international buffet....
Upon check out, the staff assisted with flight check-in and printing of tickets.
Kudos to Oakwood mgt., for training their staff on being proactive and making guests feel at home.
Extra thanks to Jake and Lala at reception, great job!
I am a regular at Oakwood, Washington DC, but my stay in Oakwood Ortigas was the best! Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zrod22
Dear zrod22

Many thanks for your very detailed and concise overview of Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center, I appreciated your comments.

I'm happy that all went well for you and your family, Oakwood certainly does provide a home away from home, you hit the nail on the head, this is what we really do well. And with all the kitchen and laundry facilities that you mentioned in your review, it takes the stress out of routine living.

Again, thank you for your comments and thank you for being a loyal guest of Oakwood, as I realize you do have a choice.

Kind regards,

Trevor M
Quezon City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

i got a membership in oakwood. and used a voucher for this 1-br unit (i only paid 4k for an overnight stay in this spacious fully equipped room).

this third stay was the best. their service improved. or at least i didnt encounter the staff who didnt do well during my first stay. the frontliner (in my 3rd stay) gave me an excellent service from check in to small requests to check out. it was a breeze. during my first stay, the frontliner (guy) ruined the start of my stay. but this time, everything went well.

perfect for "stay-cation".
fully equipped with dishwasher, microwave, ref with big freezer, oven, stove, pots and pans, coffee maker, electric kettle, pots and pans, dishes, knife and chopping board, can opener. while in the bathroom, there's a tv, wet sauna inside the shower room, bath tub. there's tv in the living room, tv in bedroom.
(but there's no bidet.)

free parking for 1 car.

location is great. there's a 7-11 less than a block away. there's podium mall (mid to high end mall). if the whether allows you, you can just walk to get there.

this is my 3rd time to stay here. and i have to commend that their service (on my 3rd stay) is excellent. superb! from the front desk, to the woman who offered to open the playroom for us. the staff i talked to over the phone about dishwasher was super helpful (exceeding expectation).

there's a massage service, an indoor pool and an indoor jacuzzi, also a playroom.
the playroom didnt have much toys but it was fully padded ; with toys that would keep a kid below age 3 busy.

with the membership vouchers, it's super super worth it.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Psylocke R
Trevor M, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Psylocke R

Thank you for reviewing Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center, much appreciated.

Nice comments from you and I'm happy that you once again enjoyed your visit. Every visit we seem to excel from your first!

Again thank you for your constructive review and I appreciate you choosing Oakwood and your preferred hotel of choice.

Regards

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed 2 nights in Oakwood from 25-27 June 2014. I have no complaints with regards to the location, rooms, cleanliness & service - they were good! However, the management may like to look into improving the water heater system as the heater is not even warm at all.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Trevor M, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member

Many thanks for your comments on Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center, I appreciate your feedback.

Regarding the water temperature, my engineers are reviewing our system, however it would help us to identify the room that you were staying in, perhaps you could email me with this information. We have a sophisticated heating system in the property and until now we have not had issues with water temperature. Thank you for alerting us.

Apologies for the inconvenience you experienced, I assure you that we will identify the challenge and resolve it..

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

The location of this hotel is best. Especially for businessman who has meeting in ortigas or pasig. Room facilities are excellent. There are a laundry machine in each room. 3 TV in a room. And the quality of breakfast buffet is pretty good. There are various fruits.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Trevor M, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Many thanks for your short but concise review, it is much appreciated.

I'm happy that as a business location, Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center fits your needs, I thank you for your business and your loyalty as I am very aware that there is a choice.

Macau
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

The hotel is excellent.
Staff is friendly and receptive. Very attentive.
Room was clean and the configuration was very nice.
Wi-fi it's very good.
Two items for consideration:
#1. TV was too close to the bed and your eyes get tired after watching a single movie.
#2. The room I stayed in (#2108) didn't have a working exhaust system in the toilet. I had a foul odor on nights one and three. For the second night housekeeping went in and fixed it.

Restaurant and bar are excellent.
Very nice prices, presentation and food.

Swimming pool and gym....not good.
Mosquitoes everywhere around the swimming pool makes it unpleasant.
And the limitation on having a drink or a snack also doesn't help.
According to the staff : "it's forbidden". That's a word not used very often in high quality hotels.
Also having the gym instructor sleeping and lounging by the swimming pool doesn't help much.
The gym it's...a gym. But don't ask for much in terms of attention.

Room Tip: Studio Executive it's excellent
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Linolens
Dear LionMacau

Thank you very much for your concise overview & feedback on Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center, I appreciated your constructive feedback.

Whilst you have stated that our Hotel is excellent, we obviously need to work hard to accept that statement and as per your comments I have had the drainage issue resolved in your room by my engineers, this is now resolved.

Regarding the gym, we have a small ante room which accommodates our outsourced spa associates, when not busy, they rest in that room. Occasionally they leave the door open and they can be seen. I apologise for that situation, I've spoken personally to them on this issue. Also, I've talked to the gym instructors , they need to be around more during guest gym activities. i appreciate your comment.

Thank you again, your feedback has helped me to make Oakwood a better place for our guests.

Best regards