“Amazing Staff!!! Wonderful stay!!”

Joy - Nostalg Hotel & Suites Manila
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Pasig
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed at Oakwood Premier Nostalg Centre for two months while working in Quezon City. I cannot say enough great things about the staff and service at Oakwood! The breakfast staff are very attentive and remembered my preferred beverages and meals from day to day. The front desk staff are very personable and became friends over my two month stay. They genuinely wanted to help in any way possible and were very accomodating. The rooms are always clean and well serviced. The apartments are spacious and very comfortable.
Location is great! Close to several malls, restaurants, nightlife and markets. You can walk to anything you would possibly need. Felt very safe walking around by myself with the level of security in Ortigas.
My only complaint is that I was sleeping during the day since I was working nights and there was a lot of construction in the buildings around Oakwood. This is not the hotels fault, but did mean that my sleep was distrurbed sometimes.
Overall, my stay was amazing and I would love to go back there someday!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Oakwood
Rick E, General Manager at Joy - Nostalg Hotel & Suites Manila, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful and sincere review about the hotel and our staff. The team were delighted to read such warm comments and that your stay with us was so pleasant.

We do look forward to seeing you again and welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

It was my first time in this hotel, curious as I was about the rave reviews. I checked-in at Room 1808 last Saturday, November 16 for a one-night stay. As expected, I discovered for myself the 'lavishly-appointed' room (in my case, the studio room) with its elegant interior and complete facilities. Now, for the details:

DOWNSIDE:
1. The Check-In Time is 3PM which means guests like me have a 1 hour shorter stay compared to all other hotels that peg their standard check in time at 2pm. When I asked the Asst. Revenue Manager Ms. Chat Remegio, who also confirmed my prior booking, why this is so, she reasoned out that "our lead in category is almost double the size of the standard room of other hotels. Thus, the standard check in time was adjusted to 3PM also to give ample time for our housekeeping to clean the room." I wonder though, since I only booked for the smallest room, if my check-in time will be further adjusted if I booked for the hotel's bigger rooms like the 1-bedroom or 2-bedroom suites. This double-size claim, I realized later, is nowhere near reality as the hotel's neighbor, the Malayan Plaza, also has its smallest room almost the same size, if not slightly smaller. When I requested Ms. Remegio on November 5 if I could have an early check-in at 2pm, she replied that I "will only know upon my arrival on my booking date" (which made me think what if it is not possible, then I will have to wait for 1 hour after showing up?).

2. It is very difficult to contact their "Guest Service" and "Housekeeping" departments. I have tried pressing buttons to these 2 areas twice in my room telephone unit, alternately, about an hour after checking in, but after so many unanswered rings, I hanged up. Fortunately, the next day, I was able to get somebody on the phone in the housekeeping department, but not after so many rings again.

3. My shower area, though I was delighted to see the built-in steam mechanism, got flooded.

4. Unlike other 4 or 5 star hotels, the unbranded toiletries are fitted for 2-star hotel category.

5. There was no complimentary newspaper.

UPSIDE:
1. The check-in and check-out processes was fast and efficient.
2. The room is large and well-appointed, elegantly designed and comparable to other 5-star hotels.
3. The kitchen is complete with silverwares, chinawares, glasswares, electric stove, microwave, coffee-maker, electric kettle, large ref, oven, pots and saucers, knives, automatic 7.5 kg washing machine, even pot holders and plastic containers --- everything you will possibly need in eating, cooking and washing. There is even the extra electric iron and ironing board so that you will not have to worry about the folded clothes that you bring in with you.
4. The bed is huge (king size), soft and clean with an abundant supply of pillows. The room is also peaceful where you can get a good night's sleep.
5. The room has a good view with its ceiling to floor glass window.
6. TV in the bedroom is big (bigger than my personal 42" LED) with clear cable channel signals. There is even a small LCD TV inside the toilet.
7. As mentioned above, this is perhaps, the only hotel I know where one can have a steam in the bathroom.
8. The infinity swimming pool at the 6th Floor is large, well-kept and most especially comes with warm water. Likewise, the locker/shower area is impressive with its excellent facilities.
9. The gym/fitness center at the 7th floor is also impressive with spacious workout area fitted with complete line of machines. There is even a separate gym studio where, I guess, workout classes are held.
10. The Wi-Fi service, which is free, is also fast.
11. And, before I forget, the hotel location is also great. It is right in the middle of a business-commercial district in Pasig. It is walking distance to 3 big malls (Megamall, Robinson's Galleria and Shangri-La Plaza), offices, hotels, restaurants, bars, spa, schools, and church (St. Francis) and other condominiums, apartelles, and subdivisions.

SUMMARY:
All told, the hotel is top in terms of facilities and amenities. Front desk and security staff services are also generally good. Since it looks more like a home, it is very ideal for long-staying guests. Executives will also love this hotel.

PS
I did not include the food in my review since my stay did not come with a breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jude T

Dear Jude T,

Thank you for the time taken to write such a comprehensive and detailed review of our Hotel. I have passed onto the team your review in full and in particular your comments regarding check in timing and internal phone access. We were pleased to read you felt the room and the general facilities on offer were of high quality and you enjoyed the pool and health club facility.

We thank you for endorsing us a Hotel venue for others and an behalf of the management and team, we look forward in welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I have no complaints for this hotel. We stayed in a studio suite- immaculately clean, spacious and very beautiful. We loved the floor to ceiling windows, full kitchen, comfortable beds and steam room/shower. The fitness room was also very nice- lots of equipment, machines and several treadmills. Great location!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank caroltolenlaui
Rick E, General Manager at Joy - Nostalg Hotel & Suites Manila, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Caroltolenlaui,

Thank you for the time taken to positively review the Hotel. It sounds like you and your husband enjoyed our spacious studios and had the time to give yourself a nice workout in our extensive health club.

We look forward in welcoming you and your husband back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

we stayed here for an overnight stay since my best friend gave a voucher for our anniversary gift to us. what can i say....very nice room though we only got the standard room. it small but very complete from kitchen bedroom and bathroom.....comfy bed and pillows. we have a mini sauna and a mini kitchen.....but what i like in this hotel is the pool....its very clean.....
Im surely gonna be back here in this hotel....

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lavable

Dear Lavable,

Thank you for the time taken to positively review our Hotel. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed our studio rooms and you felt it was very complete throughout.

We look forward in welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.

A TripAdvisor Member
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 25, 2013

i would say that the times i spent at oakwood premier joy-nostalg center manila were great! ... very comfortable and homey and a place that you would like to come back to with your family and friends ....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Oakwood
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rick E, General Manager at Joy - Nostalg Hotel & Suites Manila, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time taken to write a short and positive review about us. We very much appreciate your recommendation to other travellers that we are comfortable and homey place to enjoy. We look forward in welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center in the near future.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is my first review of this hotel/serviced residence , although i have stayed here several times since it opened . It was always a pleasant experience, the spacious elegant one bedroom suite making it comfortable for weekend stays or during convention periods . The location is quite strategic , or central , but that depends on the circumstance of the stay . Security is tight as well , and every point going to your room is needs to be access by a key card . It is a short walking distance to the Podium, and several more steps would lead to a series of restaurant outlets , and the SM Mega Mall . Included in my hotel package was free internet access , but no complimentary breakfast . We had brunch buffet at their Oakroom restaurant , which were offered at discounted rates for in house residents . The hotel also have a spa/health club and an indoor swimming pool . Highly recommended for those preferring longer stays , since the suite format very much fits a homey ambiance .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank doctorfoxtrot

Dear Doctorfoxtrot,

Thank you for your warm endorsement about your experience with us, it appears that you are regular with us. We were pleased to read that you found all aspects of your stay with us to be enjoyable with our location very much suiting your needs. We appreciate the endorsement as being a venue for those who choose longer stays.

On behalf of the management and team, we look forward in welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Room and common areas were very nice with beautiful decor and modern appliances. Room was well set up for the business traveler. Stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment that was nearly as large as my 2 bedroom apartment in New York! Hotel was conveniently located within Pasig City to access nearby offices and malls. My biggest complaint was the food. Breakfast was pretty good, but both dinner experiences were awful. Everything is presented well and whatnot, but the food itself tastes bad. I mean, how do you screw up spaghetti and tomato sauce? Apparently it's possible. I ordered something different off the menu through room service the 2nd night and hedged my order with a piece of chocolate cake - just in case things turned out as bad as last night I could just eat the cake. Well both the stir fry and the cake were bland, tasteless. Too jet lagged to wander around for outside food. Worked out the in gym a couple of times and the AC was seriously lacking. For some reason, the hotel rooms are kept much too cold (you have to adjust the temp upward immediately upon entry) and there is very minimal AC in the common areas and gym so everything feels swampy - humid and hot. Couldn't work out for more than 30 min in the gym - just too humid! On my last night, I got a massage in a small room off the pool area. Unfortunately, this was not a terrific experience either. Until then, I didn't appreciate the skill that went into a massage, but now I do. I don't think the woman who gave me the massage had really given that many massages before. It was sort of painful and ineffective, not relaxing. So if you stay here, I would recommend avoiding the food & massages :-)

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank chillertracks

Dear Chillertracks,

Thank you for your time to review the Hotel. Clearly we read your review with mixed emotions as you have enjoyed the room product and its offerings. We value the feedback regarding our food and the concerns you raised for which I have made our Executive Chef aware of. In regards to the health club and massage experience I have spoken to the respective manager in that area to accordingly review your feedback. If you were to return to Manila again, please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your arrival at: rick.erdos@oakwoodasia.com. Until then all the very best and we look forward to seeing you again.