“Excellant Hotel/ Studio Apartment”

Joy Nostalg Manila Managed by AccorHotels
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Pasig
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I arrive late on the 10th of September and was very tired from the travelling. The travel from the airport to the hotel was quite long due to rain and heavy traffic. However, everything turns out fine after the front desk did a really good job checking me in without any hiccups. They were fast and I like fast. hehe...

When i got to my room, A studio apartment at 23rd floor, it was a shocked as the room was tremendously nice and beautiful. It should be rated higher and the location itself in Pasig does not give the place justice. Evertyhing about the place is nice. The room is excellent and the staff is so attentive.

I had breakfast in the restaurant and the food was ok. Enough for breakfast although do not have so much choice. The price for the breakfast for me is a bit high but i have no complaints on that. You can easily find food around the area.

Internet was fast. So no problem on that as well. I just hope that I can use the fitness center in my trip next time. Oh yeah, I will surely come again to this place. I think that is all. I recommend this place to anyone with family and kids too. It is so spacious and affordable. TQ

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Azra A
Rick E, General Manager at Joy Nostalg Manila Managed by AccorHotels, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Azra Ahmad,

Thank you for your wonderful and sincere review about the hotel. We truly appreciate the time you have taken to compliment our team, the product we offer and the all around facilities we have here at Oakwood. I have passed on your comments to all our associates. We also thank you for recommending us to family and those with kids as our facilities cater to all markets.

On behalf of the management and team, we look forward in welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.

General manager

Reviewed September 3, 2013

my favourite place in Manila, not only because it is right opposite to my office, but also because of their generously appointed suites. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Food from room service could be better though. They have studio styled rooms, with well equipped kitchens. It's more of a well equipped apartment.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank gurung1

Dear Gurung,

Thank you for the time taken to review our Hotel. We are delighted to know we are your favorite place in Manila and our location suites your needs. I do note your comment about room service and if your time prevails, I would welcome hearing from you to understand more on that.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

stayed for one day in this hotel for a conference. the room is big, nice smelling and with dish washer, washing machine ,an oven, a conduction cooker and a microwave. bathroom is clean and spacious. carpet is new. parking is okay and plenty. Breakfast needs a little improvement.

Room Tip: get a suite
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank choosy531

Dear Choosy531,

Thank you for your warm endorsement about your experience with us. We were pleased to read you enjoyed our room product and all its features and appliances. I have passed on your comment about breakfast to our Executive Chef.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed in the 1bed deluxe apartment, spacious, lots of ammenities. Made our stay VERY comfortable, very fast wifi, quiet rooms, would come back for sure. A couple small complaints here and there but the staff fixed them straight away.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Review i

Dear Review i,

Thank you for the time taken to review the Hotel. We were pleased to read you enjoyed our 1 bedroom apartments and found everything comfortable.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was skeptical about this hotel since I have not tried booking in any Oakwood hotels around the world and the not so friendly telephone inquiry response I got when I called before I finally made my booking. The check in was also a bit un easy because of the parking but all of these were erased by the very cordial welcome of the Front Desk Staff ( missed her name ). We were accorded a very polite and kind reception up to our room to which, upon entering, I was pleased to see the quiet elegance of the living room and dining with gorgeous fully equipped kitchen. I said to myself I should have booked 3 nights to be able to cook and enjoy their hi tech kitchen appliances and wares. The bedroom is private, large with an equally large toilet and bath with separate bath tub and shower, with mini LCD tv to entertain while doing your thing. The bed was huge, comfortable and since we were on the 21st floor we had a nice view. Their facilities are equally nice and of high standard. My husband is a lap swimmer that he was so pleased with the indoor, warm lap pool with Jacuzzi. They also have a nice play room that my grand children enjoyed. They were kind enough to open it for us. I will definitely go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Request for a high floor..
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mercedita M
Rick E, General Manager at Joy Nostalg Manila Managed by AccorHotels, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Mercedita M,

Thank you for the time taken to review our Hotel and your staycation with us. We are glad that despite your first impression you found the hotel facilities and service to your liking and the entire family enjoyed the weekend with us.

On behalf of the management and team, we look forward in welcoming you and your family back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have traditionally stuck to staying at the top 5-star hotel brands as I travel for work 2-3 nights every week. However, as I was travelling with my family and baby, we needed kitchen facilities and decided to stay at Oakwood during our recent trip to Manila. We got a two bedroom suite, which came with a generous living, dining and cooking area.

The rooms were just the right size that I did not knock into any furniture (as I frequently do in cramp places) while at the same time maintaining a cozy and warm feel. The interior of the rooms also showed clear attention to detail on the part of the hotel's designer. Lighting - variable control; Air conditioning - not blowing directly at my face when in the bed; Bathrooms - one of the largest I've seen with double sinks, a generous shower area separate from the bath tub. Beds - I fell asleep almost immediately every night - enough said.

A special surprise came on the last day when we were told that as we had requested for an extension of our stay, our room type was full and the hotel staff very apologetically moved us to the Presidential Suite! It was absolutely palatial with a HEATED(!) lap pool in the middle of the suite, double-volume jacuzzis in two of the rooms, twelve seater dining table, full entertainment (including karaoke) system on a 65 or 70 inch TV... wished my own home was like that...

Despite being a top tier member at a number of the hotel chains and not on Oakwood's, I was pleasantly surprised by the very personal service offered by Oakwood Premier. We were greeted upon check-in by the guest relations officer who already knew who we were, the restaurant's staff remembered our names from the second day and the concierge spent a good part of her day arranging a day trip for my family.

Kudos to the team at Oakwood Premier for making the stay a very enjoyable and pleasant one.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nate T

Dear Nate T,

Thank you for the time you have taken to write such a wonderful and detailed review about our Hotel and your experience with us. I certainly shared with our entire team your comments and feedback regarding all aspects and we were delighted that you and your family had such a wonderful time with us. The Presidential Suite is something special and many of us wish it was our home!

We look forward in welcoming you and your family back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center on your next visit to Manila.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Good things:
Well-equipped gym, decent (indoor) pool (though don't go for the view!), nice breakfast buffet spread, friendly and helpful service via room service and front desk.

Minor negatives:
Noise - a bit of noise from the city/traffic gets into the room, air con and appliances also, but only a little.
One staff member seemed to think it was an imposition that I came and asked her for a coffee after we failed to catch anyone's attention in the restaurant.
The room service food was tasty but not quite as described.

Overall, those negatives were really minor things and, frankly, more here to show why I felt they didn't quite merit 5 stars.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank splashcat
Rick E, General Manager at Joy Nostalg Manila Managed by AccorHotels, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Splashcat,

Thank you for the time taken to review our Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed our facilities and found our service to be pleasant. I have passed on to our respective team leaders some of the comments you made and we appreciate the feedback.

On behalf of the management and team, again thank you and we look forward in welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.