Joy Nostalg Manila Managed by AccorHotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$57
$54
Red Planet Ortigas(Pasig)(Great Value!)
$35
$105
$61
$206
$199
All reviewswashing machineoakwood premiersteam showerunderwater musicliving roomfull kitchenhome away from homeserviced apartmentcar servicewalking distancesm megamalldining tablebusiness districtbreakfast buffetindoor poollong staybusiness trip
Bangalore, India
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Smoking Facility was not available in the room....Apart from this everything is awesome....

More Indian Food Should be available....
Swimming Pool Was very Small.
Customer Service was Good.
Likes The cab facility provided by the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Oakwood
Rick E, General Manager at Joy Nostalg Manila Managed by AccorHotels, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to review the Hotel. We apologize that a smoking room was not available on arrival for you. Unfortunately these rooms are limited however in the future please do not hesitate to let us know of this need prior to arrival. We thank you for your comments about our customer service and internal transport facilities we offer.

On behalf of the management and team, we look forward to seeing you again at the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Had a good experience, enjoyed the friendly staff especially the ever so courteous Dickson. Enjoyed the SPA and GYM service. Also the cleaning schedule for the Unit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank henrymascarenhas

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm comments about the Spa and gym service and in particular highlighting Dickson from our Oakroom restaurant. We were pleased to also read that the cleaning schedule suited your needs.

On behalf of the management and team, we look forward in welcoming you back in the future at Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had an overnight stay at Oakwood with my husband and my son. The entire experience would have been great except for the deceptive voucher that they have. Weeks before our scheduled check in time, I called the hotel to make the reservation and clarified our voucher for an overnight stay at the hotel's studio room. The FO who took the call said that there was nothing to pay except for the P2,000 deposit which was refundable, and also mentioned that we needed to pay for the deposit.
Since I don't use a credit card, I offered to pass by personally to give the 2,000 deposit, and so I went there with my family to give the money. But when we were there, the FO said that we can make the deposit upon check in, then again I double checked the voucher, and again the FO said that there was nothing to pay except for the 2,000 deposit and just simply bring the voucher upon check in.
Then came the day of our check in, when I handed the voucher, the FO asked for 4,000 deposit, to which I got surprised because they have been telling me that the deposit was only 2,000 so I asked why the sudden change. The FO said that some amendments were made. It was a bit surprising because it was just less than a week and suddenly there were changes. So I gave 4,000 as deposit then the FO also asked for 3,500 as payment for the room, to this we got a bit disoriented because we confirmed it about two-three times and we were told that there was nothing to pay except for the deposit and the just to bring the voucher. I asked why we needed to pay and they simply said they had many kinds of vouchers. And the FO even said that the room is originally priced at 11,000 and because of the voucher, we would only pay 3,500. We wanted to cancel the reservation because it felt like a rip off,but the FO said that if cancelled, we still need to pay a certain amount, and so we just went on with it.
The room was okay because it was spacious, clean, and had everything we needed. But then it was still not complete because there was not even a wifi in the room. We found it funny because the payment does not even include a wifi which is supposed to be a basic service, even malls and restaurants offer free wifi.
We had fun because we used the pool and the kid's playroom so we decided to forget about the feeling of being ripped off. But then after our stay, I decided to check the hotel's rates and found that the room was not even 11,000. It was all so dishonest. We wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank KeonLiam

Dear Ms. KeonLiam,

Thank you for the time to review the Hotel. While we were pleased to read you enjoyed the room and I was disappointed to read your comments about the voucher, pre-payment problems you experienced. I can only assume you may have been holding one of our premier card redemption specials and there may have been a misunderstanding regarding its use. I would certainly appreciate hearing directly from you to understand more about the incident. If your time prevails, do not hesitate to contact me at rick.erdos@oakwoodasia.com

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 8, 2013

it was a pleasant experience for us as the staff were very accommodating. our requests were granted and they were attentive to our needs. the apartment itself was clean and ready for us when we arrived.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind and sincere comments about our staff and that they were accommodating in every way.

Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I tried other places down the street but came back to Oakwood. The entire package is fabulous including the staff, the room and proximity to shopping and other places to go. If there is one downside it's the slow drive between the airport and the hotel due to traffic but I would keep going back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time in reviewing the Hotel and in particular coming back to us after trying other options. We were pleased to read that you found the property to your satisfaction. And despite the traffic you will be returning.