“Oakwood is Love”

Joy - Nostalg Hotel & Suites Manila
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Pasig
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have been in many 5-star hotels in Manila, but nothing compares to Oakwood. I have visited twice and the service and facilities have been topnotch for both times. I don't know what bed and pillows they use, but they are the kind where you don't want to ever get up. Haha. I also love cooking so I loved the kitchen and the fact that everything you need is within reach while you are within the stove area (ref,microwave,dishwasher, sink, cooking utensils etc).

Special thanks to Jake in reception who accommodated my late check-out request, to Benedict (? I am not sure if this is his name) who swapped us to smoking rooms when we have failed to specify that on our reservation, to the housekeeping guy (I wish I have his name) who delivered the glass pitcher I requested and to the waiter in the breakfast area who allowed my request to have lightly cooked bacon versus the really fried ones on the buffet.

I recommend this hotel and I am definitely coming back. In fact, we checked their ballrooms and we are considering getting them for our wedding.

Other great amenities are the automatic washer/dryer, nice indoor pool, wet sauna that doubles as the shower, tub with flat screen tv, gym and dry sauna.

Thanks Oakwood!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A A
Rosalie A, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Joy - Nostalg Hotel & Suites Manila, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying again in our hotel and also for sharing with us your kind comments about our staff, overall service and hotel facilities. We will certainly pass on your feedback to Jake, Benedict and to the rest of the Team. In regards to your wedding please do not hesitate to contact our Banquet and Events Team to understand more about our offers in this area.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Upon Check-in was upgraded from an One Bedroom to a Two Bedroom. I was also escorted my room by a member of the reception staff. The rooms were extremely will appointed and maintained. The room came with free wifi. Extremely comfortable Bed and all quality amenities.

Ate Dinner at the Oakroom on the first day and breakfast one morning. I was not too impressed with the restaurant and especially Breakfast as the Breakfast at EDSA Shangri-La is far superior to that at Oakroom.

My only gripe about the place would be that it was very quiet and did not have any character to the place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KL_Banker
Rosalie A, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Joy - Nostalg Hotel & Suites Manila, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback and appreciate the warm comments regarding your upgrade and your in-room experience. In terms of our Oakroom Restaurant, our atmosphere is recognized as more intimate than many others in the area however I have passed your comments on to our respective department heads for their review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Oakroom Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We just love staying in Oakwood. Excellent customer service. Customer-focused in its truest form.

We've tried all the rooms from studio to deluxe room to one-bedroom to a three -bedroom. Very well maintained. Very thorough housekeeping staff!

Breakfast buffet selection is good enough for my kids. International selection includes Chinese and Indian food since Oakwood is just across Asian Development Bank.

Love the indoor swimming pool. Heated pool with music :) what more can you ask for?

Room Tip: Request for view either overlooking Pasig and Marikina or EDSA.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank marts1117
Rosalie A, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Joy - Nostalg Hotel & Suites Manila, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your warm comments about our hotel, staff and overall service. We are delighted that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us.

We look forward to your next visit to the Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've stayed at the Oakwood about four or five times on business trips, and I rate it very highly. Rooms are excellent and spacious. They all come with a kitchenette and washing machine. On the last two stays I have been given a suite, which is probably the largest and best hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. I should mention that I was very pleased with 'standard' room on my earlier visits. In each case the beds were very comfortable, furnishing is to very high standard, bathrooms and showers were very good, large flat-screen TV, etc. In previous stays I have had to use cable internet, but last month the wifi worked in the room and the restaurant as well.

Breakfast is very good. There is a reasonable-sized buffet with a good array of western and Asian foods. I haven't ever eaten in the restaurant or bar, so I can't give any comment on that. There are many eateries nearby, especially in the Podium Mall less than five minutes away (right out the main door, right again, cross the street, then left). For shopping and supermarket, better head to Robinson mall on EDSA (left out the main door, left again, cross the street).

Leisure facilities are good. There is a large swimming pool on the 6th floor. There is also a reasonable-sized fitness centre. Locker rooms are quite good, with sauna.

For transport, the MRT is about 10 minutes away. Taxis are easy to get near the hotel, but bear in mind that they might not be so plentiful in other parts of Metro Manila for the return trip. You can generally get to/from the airport in about 30 minutes, but on a bad day it can take considerably longer. Ortigas seems to be quite a safe and well patrolled area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeliya
Rosalie A, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Joy - Nostalg Hotel & Suites Manila, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback about our hotel in general. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We took a staycation over the Nov 1-3 break, thanks to a couple of 2-night, 1-BR suite coupons we bought on DealGrocer. When we checked in, they had just run out of 1-BR suites, so they offered to gives us a single 3-BR suite instead of the two 1-BRs, which sounded like quite a good deal.

The 3BR suite is a lavishly spacious and very comfortable apartment; the feeling is less five-star hotel, and more of an actual well-appointed, high-end condo apartment that one would absolutely love to live in permanently. Each room has its own bathroom (masters' had a sauna+shower and tub, the other two rooms just had the shower). TVs in two rooms plus the living room, and also INSIDE the masters bathroom in front of the tub.

Unit had a nice fully-functioning kitchen with a great ref, stovetop/oven, microwave, coffeemaker and dishwasher, although we ran into a small problem with the latter seeing as how some of the supplied dinner plates were simply too big to fit into the dishwasher. Tiny detail, but it made us spend a few minutes trying to figure it out.

I would remind any kids with you to be careful running around the place as there are some furniture corners that can wreak havoc on knees and shins.

Staff was very nice and very responsive to our needs, repairing a malfunctioning curtain and sending up extra utensils, dishwasher soap and so on.

The Podium mall is just across the street, some great restaurants and a movie theater there. We didn't get to try the Oakwood dining outlets, unfortunately.

Wonderful, wonderful stay, especially if you can get a good deal. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pdy23

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the hotel in general and the warm comments about our staff and overall service. We will definitely share your feedback to the Team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila.

A TripAdvisor Member
Dayton, Ohio, USA
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Service and accomodations were excellent. I was there for an extended business stay from late May to mid July 2012 and everyone at the hotel were extremely helpful and friendly. It is always very tough to be away from home and family, but the employees at the Oakwood Manila helped to make it bearable.

Thanks

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Oakwood
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rosalie A, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Joy - Nostalg Hotel & Suites Manila, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your warm comments about our staff and overall service. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Had fun celebrating my birthday last August at this hotel. Everything I need are all here. Proximity to malls are not a problem.

Looking forward to bringing my entire family to experience the coziness and the homey feeling of staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Oakwood
1  Thank dyeniramos

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know that your birthday celebration in our hotel was one to remember.

We look forward to welcoming you back with your family at the Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila.