Joy Nostalg Manila Managed by AccorHotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$104
$59
Red Planet Ortigas(Pasig)(Great Value!)
$37
$31
  • Restaurant
$64
$53
  • Pool
All reviewswashing machineoakwood premiersteam showerunderwater musicliving roomfull kitchenhome away from homeserviced apartmentwalking distancesm megamalldining tablebusiness districtbreakfast buffetbusiness tripindoor poollong stayshower area
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed overnight for a business meeting. Regretted not having stayed longer. Rooms most adorable. Sleek carpeting, silky curtains, marble floors, large mirrors, and true to their name, furniture made of oakwood. Three flat screen TVs, DVD player, sofa, dining table, kitchen, a refrigerator that can stock a week's worth, microwave and standard oven, two airconditioners, his and hers washing sink, excellent shower and tub have all been previously mentioned by other reviewers. But your own sauna? Awesome! Then the fitness center, the swimming pool and spa, even a kid's playroom. Three large malls all within walking distance. More than 50 restaurants in the vicinity to choose from. Our group consciously wanted the meeting to be abbreviated so all of us could enjoy the rooms! The average food becomes a forgotten minor setback once you take all of the above into consideration. Even if I had an early reservation and made to wait for an hour for an available room, it was really worth it. 190 dollars a night may seem a bit steep, but I promised my family of four that we would all have a blast staying here the next time we're in Manila. That is, if we are lucky enough for a vacancy! To Oakwood Premier Joy-Nostalg, kudos!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Rosalie A, Executive Assistant to the GM at Joy Nostalg Manila Managed by AccorHotels, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the hotel in general and the warm comments about our staff and overall service. We will definitely share your feedback to the Team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was in Manila on business for two weeks and stayed in an executive apartment. The apartment was massive. Full kitchen, living room with giant lcd tv, very large bedroom with an extremely comfortable bed also with ldc tv, large bathroom with shower and tub, even a tv. The housekeeping staff kept the room in immaculate condition and were extremely friendly. The Oakwood restaurant was a great experience as well. Staff were extremely friendly and courteous, always greeted me by name. The food was delicious. The workout facility was top notch. 4 treadmills, eliptical, two stationary bikes, an arobics room, and a weight area that was incredible. The entire staff provided outstanding service: . Twice had a massage through the spa, well worth it. I felt pampered the entire time there. One of the best hotel experiences I've ever had and I've done a considerable amount of traveling. Would highly recommend anyone going to Manilia stay at the Oakwood. My next trip, i'll definitely be staying there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Rosalie A, Executive Assistant to the GM at Joy Nostalg Manila Managed by AccorHotels, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our staff, service and hotel in general. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit to the Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I moved to Oakwood after having tried another facility in the Ortigas area in previous trips. There is a marked difference and the standard is consistent with Oakwood properties in other countries. The lobby was bright and the reception staff was helpful, with special mention for Jas.

I understand that the property is about 3 years old now but it is very well-maintained and the rooms are in excellent condition. Each room comes with a steam bath facility, which you can enjoy in your shower. This is the first time I have seen such a thing and it's great!

The location is excellent and if you are on a work trip, you should be able to find most of what you need. Podium Mall is directly across the road and there is also a Starbucks and Citbank just 5 mins' from the hotel. Robinsons Galleria is 10mins' away, while SM Mall is also nearby, about a 15mins walk.

The breakfast spread was good in terms of spread and quality. The variety is not as much as a 5-star chain hotel, but it's not reasonable to expect such standards for a serviced "apartel". It was good enough and the breakfast lounge was bright with good views.

The only gripe is that the hotel limits each room to 2 bottles of water a day, which is insufficient I feel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Rosalie A, Executive Assistant to the GM at Joy Nostalg Manila Managed by AccorHotels, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm comments about our hotel in general and overall service. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please know that we will share your feedback to Jas and to the rest of the Oakwood Team.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband loves this hotel, so for his 32nd birthday, we decided to stay here again for 3D/2N. I chose the 1BR due to the special occasion. There were 2 very minor glitches that were easily addressed: one was that we were put on a smoking room, but since the receptionist Benedict came to check us in, he noticed I was pregnant and decided to ask me if I specifically asked for a smoking room so when I said no, he immediately looked for a different room and even placed us on a 1BR deluxe (corner) room. Also, when he mentioned that only one buffet breakfast was on my info, he immediately made some confirmations and called us to inform that this is now fixed. Now that's a proactive employee, so I never made a fuss about it since it was resolved asap. So our birthday celebration was as relaxing as ever, we are now thinking of celebrating our anniversary with a sweet 3 night stay. My husband now calls it his second home. :)

Room Tip: 1BR Deluxe is worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Rosalie A, Executive Assistant to the GM at Joy Nostalg Manila Managed by AccorHotels, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying again in Oakwood and for your kind feedback about our Associate, Benedict. We will share this to him and to the entire Team.

We look forward to welcoming both of you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila on your anniversary date.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have only written one review on TripAdvisor and that was back in April 2010. After staying at the Oakwood Premier here for 3 nights, I knew it was time to write a second. Despite it being my first time in the Philippines and having no knowledge of this place prior to arriving, and added to the fact that my clients booked the accommodation for me, I must say this was a fantastic place to stay in. The property is situated in Ortigas Avenue which is roughly about 30-40minutes from Makati taking into account the horrible traffic conditions in Manila and about 15-20mins from Quezon City where I worked. Despite not being in the heart of town, Oakwood Premier had everything other accommodations didn't. From the moment I walked in till the moment I checked out, the staff we extremely pleasant and very well mannered. Little requests like a late night ice bucket and borrowing a DVD from the library after closing hours were never turned away. The beds are one of the most comfortable and largest I have ever slept on and the rooms come with 3 TV's (1 in the lounge, 1 in the bedroom and 1 in the bathroom). The breakfast spread in the morning is impressive with more than enough variety to satisfy even the fussiest of people and the cleanliness of the place is staggering. The Oakwood gym had more equipments than dedicated gyms out there and the private dining menu offers a plethora of culinary options. I had to leave this place due to its location which is slightly away from Makati and Eastwood and the moment I checked into another hotel, I already felt like I had left a comfortable sanctuary. Well done to the Oakwood Premier Associates and I do hope to visit more Oakwood's around the globe soon.

Room Tip: No reason to get a Suite as the Standard Rooms are so spacious and extremely clean Try and get a corner room if possible. Mine had so much space I didn't use more than 40% of the floorspace.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Rosalie A, Executive Assistant to the GM at Joy Nostalg Manila Managed by AccorHotels, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our staff, overall service and hotel in general. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our breakfast and private dining menu offerings were all to your liking.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila.