“One of the best hotel experiences ever”

Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Pasig
Kettering, Ohio
“One of the best hotel experiences ever”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was in Manila on business for two weeks and stayed in an executive apartment. The apartment was massive. Full kitchen, living room with giant lcd tv, very large bedroom with an extremely comfortable bed also with ldc tv, large bathroom with shower and tub, even a tv. The housekeeping staff kept the room in immaculate condition and were extremely friendly. The Oakwood restaurant was a great experience as well. Staff were extremely friendly and courteous, always greeted me by name. The food was delicious. The workout facility was top notch. 4 treadmills, eliptical, two stationary bikes, an arobics room, and a weight area that was incredible. The entire staff provided outstanding service: . Twice had a massage through the spa, well worth it. I felt pampered the entire time there. One of the best hotel experiences I've ever had and I've done a considerable amount of traveling. Would highly recommend anyone going to Manilia stay at the Oakwood. My next trip, i'll definitely be staying there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Rosalie A, Executive Assistant to the GM at Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our staff, service and hotel in general. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit to the Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila.

Rick Erdos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Thai first
SG
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I moved to Oakwood after having tried another facility in the Ortigas area in previous trips. There is a marked difference and the standard is consistent with Oakwood properties in other countries. The lobby was bright and the reception staff was helpful, with special mention for Jas.

I understand that the property is about 3 years old now but it is very well-maintained and the rooms are in excellent condition. Each room comes with a steam bath facility, which you can enjoy in your shower. This is the first time I have seen such a thing and it's great!

The location is excellent and if you are on a work trip, you should be able to find most of what you need. Podium Mall is directly across the road and there is also a Starbucks and Citbank just 5 mins' from the hotel. Robinsons Galleria is 10mins' away, while SM Mall is also nearby, about a 15mins walk.

The breakfast spread was good in terms of spread and quality. The variety is not as much as a 5-star chain hotel, but it's not reasonable to expect such standards for a serviced "apartel". It was good enough and the breakfast lounge was bright with good views.

The only gripe is that the hotel limits each room to 2 bottles of water a day, which is insufficient I feel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Rosalie A, Executive Assistant to the GM at Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm comments about our hotel in general and overall service. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please know that we will share your feedback to Jas and to the rest of the Oakwood Team.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband loves this hotel, so for his 32nd birthday, we decided to stay here again for 3D/2N. I chose the 1BR due to the special occasion. There were 2 very minor glitches that were easily addressed: one was that we were put on a smoking room, but since the receptionist Benedict came to check us in, he noticed I was pregnant and decided to ask me if I specifically asked for a smoking room so when I said no, he immediately looked for a different room and even placed us on a 1BR deluxe (corner) room. Also, when he mentioned that only one buffet breakfast was on my info, he immediately made some confirmations and called us to inform that this is now fixed. Now that's a proactive employee, so I never made a fuss about it since it was resolved asap. So our birthday celebration was as relaxing as ever, we are now thinking of celebrating our anniversary with a sweet 3 night stay. My husband now calls it his second home. :)

Room Tip: 1BR Deluxe is worth it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Rosalie A, Executive Assistant to the GM at Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying again in Oakwood and for your kind feedback about our Associate, Benedict. We will share this to him and to the entire Team.

We look forward to welcoming both of you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila on your anniversary date.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have only written one review on TripAdvisor and that was back in April 2010. After staying at the Oakwood Premier here for 3 nights, I knew it was time to write a second. Despite it being my first time in the Philippines and having no knowledge of this place prior to arriving, and added to the fact that my clients booked the accommodation for me, I must say this was a fantastic place to stay in. The property is situated in Ortigas Avenue which is roughly about 30-40minutes from Makati taking into account the horrible traffic conditions in Manila and about 15-20mins from Quezon City where I worked. Despite not being in the heart of town, Oakwood Premier had everything other accommodations didn't. From the moment I walked in till the moment I checked out, the staff we extremely pleasant and very well mannered. Little requests like a late night ice bucket and borrowing a DVD from the library after closing hours were never turned away. The beds are one of the most comfortable and largest I have ever slept on and the rooms come with 3 TV's (1 in the lounge, 1 in the bedroom and 1 in the bathroom). The breakfast spread in the morning is impressive with more than enough variety to satisfy even the fussiest of people and the cleanliness of the place is staggering. The Oakwood gym had more equipments than dedicated gyms out there and the private dining menu offers a plethora of culinary options. I had to leave this place due to its location which is slightly away from Makati and Eastwood and the moment I checked into another hotel, I already felt like I had left a comfortable sanctuary. Well done to the Oakwood Premier Associates and I do hope to visit more Oakwood's around the globe soon.

Room Tip: No reason to get a Suite as the Standard Rooms are so spacious and extremely clean Try and get a co...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Rosalie A, Executive Assistant to the GM at Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our staff, overall service and hotel in general. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our breakfast and private dining menu offerings were all to your liking.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila.

Makati
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Right across the Asian Development Bank headquarters in Ortigas, the Oakwood Premier is a good choice if staying in the Ortigas area.

Rooms - very spacious. Had the 1-bedroom suite. Came with an open kitchen, with oven, microwave, stove, dishwasher and refrigerator. Complete also with plates, utensils, cooking needs, etc. The living / dining area is spacious, had a sofa that can sit 3-4 people, a round dining table that can sit 4, and a work table. comes with an LCD TV as well as speakers.

The bedroom is huge as well. Big bed and work table, with a bathroom that had a tub, and separate shower and toilet areas.

Dining - didnt dine at the hotel, as The Podium mall is just a short walk away. Had drinks at the Oakroom Bar, nice place at night, airconditioned bar where you can smoke.

Amenities - it has a small kids playroom with some kid toys where you can have your kids play. Also has an indoor lap pool and jacuzzi on the 6th level.

Service wise, it was very efficient. Only in the instance when we asked for more plates and utensils did it take them an extraordinary amount of time to get it to us (more than 45 minutes).

Overall great experience, nice room, very spacious. Location is very good as well in the Ortigas area.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room near ADB Avenue, as the rooms at the back have construction ongoing
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BizTraveller168
Rosalie A, Executive Assistant to the GM at Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We will certainly pass your comments on to all our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Our stay is one of the best stays we had in all hotels! I've been to luxurious hotels all over Asia and this is definitely one of the top! Spacious rooms and I mean really spacious! We used our 2 bedroom suite for my bridal preparation and all my suppliers and families fit very comfortably! The room is so charming, the photographer takes a picture of us and wedding materials in any and all corners of the hotel! The hotel is so luxurious, all TV are huge and there's even a flat screen in the bathroom! lovely lovely place to stay at when you're in ortigas, manila! My wedding is soo beautiful and one is because we chose Oakwood Premier Joy Nostalg Manila!

Room Tip: Select the two bedroom and three bedroom suites because they have the best views in all corners of t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rosalie A, Executive Assistant to the GM at Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our hotel. We are grateful that you did choose Oakwood for your bridal preparation and delighted it played a part in your wedding day.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila on your “1st Wedding Anniversary”.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I've stayed here at the Oakwood over a dozen times, usually with family and often with several colleagues booked at the same time. Service is excellent from check-in to check-out. The gym is one of the favorites amongst many other hotels Ive been to in Asia, and nothing beats the underwater music in the pool. Food is a bit pricey, including the breakfast buffet but then there are several affordable dining places nearby. If you have meetings and business in the Ortigas, and Mandaluyong area the location is perfect. The rooms are spacious and offers the ambiance of the home, and it surprises me everytime I check in and notice that the rooms are well-maintained. Agree with the suggestion of a wifi-access for biz travellers and improvement of lighting in the work tables. There is also construction around Oakwood so make sure to ask for a room away from the noise and they will gladly accomodate it! Service is excellent I must say!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Rosalie A, Executive Assistant to the GM at Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm comments about our hotel in general and overall service. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila.

Rick Erdos
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasig
Marco Polo Ortigas Manila
Holiday Inn Manila Galleria
Edsa Shangri-La
Edsa Shangri-La
#1 of 7 in Mandaluyong

Been to Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila? Share your experiences!