“Home away from home”

Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Pasig
Quezon City, Philippines
“Home away from home”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

This hotel is so far the best I've ever been. We stayed at the one bedroom suite (approx. 85sqm) and we find it very spacious. They got best kitchen complete with tools and it has a nice washing machine too. They got a very nice bathroom, nice big with television. Rooms are sound proof. Staff are very polite too.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Rosalie A, Executive Assistant to the GM at Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback to us about our hotel, its facilities and staff. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila.

Rick Erdos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Thai first
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Overall, my family and I enjoyed our stay at one of the 3-bedroom Executive Suites. The rooms were beautiful, and very comfortable. The beds in particular, were exceptionally comfortable. So, even when I only had 4 or 5 hours sleep, I felt well rested. The kitchen was spacious although there could have been a wider variety of cooking utensils- pots and pans, specifically. My stepmom who loves to cook, often had to make do with the large pots and pans when cooking smaller meals because she eventually became embarrassed to keep asking guest services for additional kitchen tools. The bathrooms were nice, although I was surprised that no bidets were installed - which I thought would have been a standard in a serviced apartment of this caliber. The steam shower in the bathroom was also malfunctioning. We contacted guest services and they were able to fix it temporarily, but after one use, it broke down again. Although, when I was able to use it, it was heavenly. One of the exceptional facilities included in the package, was free use of the gym and pool, which my brothers enjoyed thoroughly. The equipment was new and everything was provided for - towels, water, etc. - which makes it very convenient for the guests. The one major slip up, in my opinion, was their unwillingness to accommodate a particular request I made regarding the free complimentary breakfast; We were entitled to free complimentary breakfast for 2 for each day of our stay. On the first day, it completely slipped my mind that this was included in the package. By the end of the day, when it did occur to me, we contacted guest services to ask whether it would still be possible to avail of the 2 free breakfasts that we were unable to consume, on the following day along with the 2 complimentary breakfasts that would be provided for on that day. In other words, we were requesting that we be allowed to avail of the free breakfast we missed in conjunction with the breakfast that we were entitled to on the following day. Guest services told us this was not possible for whatever reason I am still not aware. So, we asked to speak to the manager who was busy at the time. We were contacted relatively quickly, only to be told the same thing. I am completely baffled by this considering that we were not asking for anything extra.It was something we were entitled to but had just forgotten to avail of. They should review their policy on this. It makes no sense to me. Barring that, our stay was lovely

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 3, 2012

I have already completed more than 60days of stay in the Oakwood Premier Service Apts, Manila as part of my international assignment and surprised to see poor housekeeping & breakfast services. Though there are a lot of pure vegetarian Indians staying there and we all requesting for atleast one good vegetarian dish (not even an Indian dish), they are reluctant to honor that yet. Moreover today I've received a notification from the Oakwood management that there would not be any Housekeeping support on the April 4th, 5th &6th, 2012 owing to the holy week!! Where in the world have anyone heard of a service industry not working on a 365day cycle in a year due to some celebration!!! I've asked them who would clean the trash can in the kitchen & toilet and they do not have an answer!! Pathetic! I am coming from a nation where the staff of the Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai sacrificed their lives to save the guests while they're under terrorist attack. Initially I reported issues pertaining to theft of food and knick-knacks and the mgmt agreed to several instances being reported by other guests too in the past..but no action to curb those?!! I helped them set-up the housekeeping processes by creating checklists since there were no predictability on the list of services which I could expect day after day. Still I see a lot of opportunities with them to improve and do not think they are anywhere close to the other Oakwood apts worldwide. Sad!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rosalie A, Executive Assistant to the GM at Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear Sir,

We thank you for the feedback. I understand our Guest Relations Manager has made contact with you directly to follow up on the concerns raised.

We trust you will enjoy the remainder of your stay with us.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Stayed at this property from 01/19/2012-02/19/2012 for business. The apartment was very comfortable with all amenities needed readily available. The staff at the Oakwood are always very helpful, accomodating and professional, they go out of their way to remember their guests names adding that personal touch to your stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are delighted to know that you had an enjoyable time at our hotel.

We look forward to seeing you soon at the Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

its really worth it. Rooms are so big. Suite room. Its a penthouse !!! :-) Its really clean. You have a kingsized bed, 2 LCD tvs, microwave, dining table, sofa, office table, TV at tub, etc. Its worth it. I will really go back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your kind comments about our hotel and gladly to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are looking forward to seeing you again to the Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila.

Thank you.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Upon my arrival to Oakwood I was already impressed by the service the staff provided. Everyone was very accomodating, friendly & respectful to their client. I would consider the ambiience & amenities better than a five star hotel. I felt so at home in this place. I felt SAFE. This was my best visit to Manila ever :-)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback about our staff, services and hotel in general. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

We look forward to your next visit to the Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila.

Once again, thank you.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Excellent hotel with wonderful rooms at a good price. Would recommend without hesitation. Location is ok, just depends on where in Manila you need to be, thus the low rating on that part is more about distributed Manila rather than the Hotel itself.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback about our hotel in general. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to the Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila.