Joy Nostalg Manila Managed by AccorHotels
$37
$30
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Red Planet Ortigas(Pasig)(Great Value!)
$37
$28
$27
Hotels.com
$66
$64
Priceline
All reviewswashing machineoakwood premiersteam showerunderwater musicliving roomfull kitchenhome away from homeserviced apartmentcar servicewalking distancesm megamalldining tablebusiness districtbreakfast buffetindoor poollong staybusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Hi, I stayed here for my pre-wedding. However, I was booked in a room beside an ongoing construction site (although they knew that it was for a wedding!). It wouldn't really look good for our pictorial and the noise level was high. We requested for a room change. However, we were turned down due to high volume of guests. We escalated the issue to the manager. But still we were refused to be transferred (even when we offered to upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite). The 2 bedroom suites are available but they insisted that it was for long staying guests. Eventually I was able to pull some strings and was able to move to the bigger room - a lot of time wasted :( Overall, the rooms are really good but it sure made my pre-wedding day very stressful considering we still had a lot of things lined up for the day. :(

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mai_29xoxo
A TripAdvisor Member
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Overall I really enjoyed my stay. The room was nice with good facilities and the staff were very friendly. However, my stay was let down by a few things. The main issue was that I went to the front desk the night before my departure to organised transport to the airport and was assured that it would be booked but when I arrived at the reception the next morning they had no record of a booking to take me to the airport. To the credit of the staff they did organise transport very quickly and I made it on time. Another minor issue was that the fridge in the room was noisy and so I turned it off to get a better night’s sleep. Other issues were noisy construction going on next door to the hotel and getting a breakfast omelette containing ham when I ordered one without (I am vegetarian) - this was probably due to a language difficulty. The loud music in the pool area did not encourage me to swim there (culture difference?).

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I stayed for 3 weeks at this property last year and can't wait to visit again. The building is in a great area, the property is sparkling clean and the rooms are very lavish and have everything you need for a comfortable stay. Flat screen tv's, an amazing bathroom and wonderful service any time of the day or night!

The car service was first rate and the drivers were knowledgeable and fast. The bar/restaurant/room service was always quick and attentive. The local area around the hotel has plenty of shopping, bars and restaurants for whatever you need.

I will absolutely stay at Oakwood when I return to Manila. The value for money was outstanding and the staff makes it an experience you won't forget. Go there and see for yourself!

Room Tip: High floors give you a great view of the metro Manila area!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Cram0120
A TripAdvisor Member
Boise, Idaho, USA
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Thank you for the amazing experience I had while staying at the Oakwood. The rooms are kept amazingly clean, the service is spectacular and the people are the nicest you will ever meet. The only reason for the low rating on sleep quality is because of all the construction outside my room. I was a day sleeper and this was a loud inconvenience, but on my weekends I slept like a baby in my extra comfy king sized bed! It was all I could do to stop myself from trying to hide those fantastic pillows in my luggage! Loved my visit and hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 8, 2012

My wife and daughter stayed at Oakwood Premier last December 29 and 30. The staff, from the front desk to the bell hops and housekeeping staff performed efficiently and ready with a smile and greeting. Even if it was a very busy day, the staff managed to be ready with a genuine smile and greeting. It made us feel right at home. The room was excellent, no complaints whatsoever. The buffet breakfast was very good and had a lot of choices. One thing I liked was the variety. I am already planning our next vacation there and we are planning to stay longer. Special thanks Jack Ng and his lovely wife Rachel for the thoughtful birthday cake. More power to you!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family