“Good for Kids”

Ranked #5 of 25 things to do in Pasig
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This 7.5-hectare zoo is home to more than 3,000 specimens of exotic and indigenous animals represented by more than 600 species of birds, mammals, reptiles, fish and invertebrates as well as nearly 400 species of plants, more than half of which are native to the Philippines.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We went here with my nieces, my mom and sister. Right at the entrance, you will have the opportunity to interact with the animals, which is good. Right beside the entrance you have the souvenir shop that was amazing with all kinds of stuff. You can also buy food for the animals so that you can feed them and interact with them. On the second floor you can also find animals that is also available for feeding. The experience was fun and learning for kids at all ages.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went in this place to treat our 3 year old son after we had fun at fun ranch last November.
It was a great experienced for our li'l one. He enjoyed seeing different birds, chickens, the tiger, bear, donkey, different snakes, guinea pigs, goats, turtle, and many other animals that I could not remember how they are called.

It was amazing to see a tiger for real and a jaguar as well. These are the big cats I used to tell my husband that I wish we have one in our backyard..LOL. The place is safe for our son to walk around as it was not too big for us to be afraid of that we might lost him.

Would recommend this place my friends and relatives. And may even want to go back here and bring my nieces and nephews for them to see the different animals as well.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We had a good time visiting this place especially the kids. In comparison to local zoos I've visited, this is the one I like most. Even though the place is small, I consider it much cleaner than the others. Of course there would be some odors because they are animals. During my visit, every hour they feature an animal wherein you can interact with them. Meaning you can feed them, you can have photos with them or just take a closer look if you want to. So we had photo opportunities with the donkey, monkey, bear cat, birds and snake. In other zoos I've never had such photo opportunity unless I have to pay extra. So, the 300 peso ticket is just right for me. There are also feeds for the animals which is less than 100, I think.

The place is small and you can visit the whole area in such a short time. If you're waiting for the next animal that they will feature, why not grab some snack or shop at Tiendesitas which is just a few minutes away from the zoo.

Before you go to Ark Avilon, visit their website to find out more information. http://www.avilonzoo.ph/

**Do not forget to bring your insect repellant lotion.

1  Thank anna_italianna
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We went there with my 14 month old nephew, so the size of the zoo was just right. We enjoyed feeding the donkeys, the guinea pigs, the chickens and the sheep. It was a nice experience for her first zoo visit. Though the place is really small, but taking pictures for her every first encounter with the animals made the time of stay longer. She really liked the talking parrot. The place is not crowded so it was ok to let her walk around a bit. We stayed there for around one and a half hour.
But I think that if you're visiting with older kids, this would be too small. You could finish the place in around 20 minutes.
Entrance fee is a bit expensive.

1  Thank ihui
Reviewed December 16, 2012

At 300 pesos for each adult and 200 pesos for kids, we were robbed! this is a very small zoo. we roamed around, took some pictures and we were done in about 30 minutes. the Bengal (white) Tiger looked nice. Jenny the monkey looked sick and was not active at all. the tortoise was in a tiny box and was desperately trying to escape. there were dead guinea pigs on the crocodile den. the little ponies were hungry and were eating their wooden cages...

3  Thank Asean_Explorer