“FRONT DESK IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Linden Suites

The Linden Suites
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Pasig
Florida City, Florida
“FRONT DESK IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

April of this year we decided to stay at the Linden Suites since we admire the service of Marco Polo Davao in which they highly recommend this hotel. We had an early flight from Davao to Manila and we are aware that the standard check-in time is at 2pm so my family and I decided have breakfast and went on shopping. We arrive back at the hotel around 3pm and to our surprise the lady at the front desk told us that the room is not yet available. To my disgust I told them I want to talk their manager since we are tired from the trip and we waited for 5 (five) hours and only to find out that their forgot to allocate/ assign a room for us. While me and my daughter is at the desk, my daughter overheard the lady front officer talking to her manager saying “MAKULIT and DEMANDING guests” referring to us. I was so furious and so disappointed to the extent that I wanted to address the lady and her manager but I don’t want to make a scene and all I wanted at that time is to get inside the room. After 30mins they gave us the key however, the manager did not showed up and the front desk lady was not apologetic enough. I was really disappointed and my family and I decided to cut short our stay. The next day we left the hotel and stayed at Edsa Shangri-La. I rather spend more money for a good service than insult or offend me and my family.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Peter_Chang
TLS-FODM, General Manager at The Linden Suites, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Dear Peter_Chang,

Thank you for your recent patronage and we do apologize for the unpleasant experience that you and your family had encountered during your stay with us. Your worthy comments is highly appreciated to allow us to improve our services to meet guest satisfaction. We regret the oversight and truly apologize for the inconvenience caused to both yourself and your family for the inattentive disposition of our staff.
It is our goal to restore your confidence and preventing a recurrence.
Thank you again, for your honest feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Lawrence C. Wee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

i was at linden suites hotel on 2 seperate booking dates, my first booking was on two nights, booked for one bedroom suites with 2 single beds, upon arrival the lady receptionist upgraded me to 2 bedroom without extra charge because they didn't have 2 single beds availabel. great.!! When i came back for my second booking for 5 nights on a one bedroom 2 single beds, i was too early because of my early flight, again the lady receptionist was very friendly and helped with my luggage. Then when it's time to check out i talked to the male receptionist by the name of Anthon, who was also very helpful about checking out because my flight was in the evening. The head of the security staff by the name of lhen was very friendly and helpful. when i request for a taxi the security staff made sure that she recorded all the details of the taxi which made me feel safe. Parking was a little bit hard due to small space other than that its ok. On one occasion during breakfastime, i saw a guest not using proper food handling, and i informed the waitress right away to change the serving spoon which she did. The waiters are all friendly. Could do a bit lot more on western breakfast, they seem to serve more on Filipino breakfast.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank robert d
TLS-FODM, General Manager at The Linden Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2011
Dear emma_duffy,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about our services. We appreciate very much your recognition and recommendation of Anton as one of our associates, and how he assisted you in providing an excellent service. We will pass on your generous comments to the Management and Staff of The Linden Suites. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

Had a one bedroomed suite. It's like a hotel room but you also get a living room with a small kitchen. The reception doesn't have any of the grandness of large hotels but the rooms are better than most hotels, they are modern and clean with well fitted bathrooms. Great value for money. The rooms were actually better than the ones in the Dusit Thani and much bigger (though this is in Pasig not Makati)
The hotel is in Pasig which isn't too far from Makati but with the terrible traffic in Manila it can take 45 minutes to get there. If there were no traffic about 5 minutes. There is a Mall within a 5 minute walk and the MTR is a 10 minute walk, not far but in the Manila humidity and sun it can make you quite hot.
I recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Caparn
Dear Caparn,

Thank you for your recent patronage. It was truly a pleasure to be of service to you. We hope that our hospitality and congenial services were of your expectations, as ultimate satisfaction is our goal. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again on your next return visit.

Quezon City, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

My mom asked me to look for a hotel for my brother's birthday and so I booked a 3-bedroom suite at Linden Suites thru agoda due to the reviews. I do not have a credit card and I booked it using my elder bother's card. The receptionist said they need 2 thousand deposit and I said I only have 1 thousand cash since I'm waiting for my mom who will be the one to pay for the hotel and my mom was even asking me to extend our stay for one more night. I said I called your reservation and informed of my booking and I even asked if I need my bother's card and the reservation agent said no but was never informed of the said deposit. But the receptionist guy said, "Sorry, kelangan po talaga 2 thousand." So I need to bother my busy mom again to deposit money to my bpi account asap just to give the stupid deposit. Moving on, the 3-bedroom suite room was great no free wifi and the rest of the is CRAP. Our family has been to many hotel but this hotel is the worst. Normally, if an employee sees you at the hallway, elevator and so on, they greet you good morning, blah, blah. but linden staffs don't. They treat expats like with good customer service but for the locals, hell no! they even check your bags when u enter as if you carry something illegal but when expats enter the hotel.. they just freely pass thru the security. that's what you call being discriminated at you own country!! But here comes the funny and most stupid thing we have ever heard. When we went down to pay our second night stay, the same receptionist guy was asking for another 2 thousand refundable deposit! Like, is the deposit a per day basis??!! NEVER IN MY ENTIRE LIFE OF STAYING FROM ONE HOTEL TO ANOTHER that we have been asked such thing. and his reason is for buffer, just in case we have consumed the first 2thousand deposit. JUST IN CASE.. but never assume dear! I would definitely inform this to all of my fiends and even asked my mom to relay it and never advise for people to book this hotel when they book thru our travel agency even to their organization. Oh btw, my mom killed 3 tiny cockroaches at the kitchen! and as for the buffet breakfast, it is very limited. Something fishy in Eastwood has more to offer compared to their breakfast! And you are only entitled to 1free parking for every room, even if you booked 3BR. So we have no choice but for the rest of our cars to be at pay parking buildings.. which is truly expensive in Ortigas.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank BoobooPot
TLS-FODM, General Manager at The Linden Suites, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Dear BoobooPot,

Thank you for your valuable feedback during your recent stay with us. We were indisputably concerned that your experience fell below our usual impeccable standards. We have documented your observations and shall review conscientiously with the team to remedy our shortfalls and we look forward to your continued support in welcoming you on your next return visit to give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

We very much liked the modern, clean, and well furnished Suite on the 21st Floor.
It was quiet and afforded us a good night's sleep.
Buffet breakfast (included) was good.
Personnel were polite and helpful!
A large SM Mall was within walking distance.
Distance to Airport was moderate, about 30 min in medium traffic.

Room Tip: Reserve your room in advance
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tripster060
TLS-FODM, General Manager at The Linden Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2011
Dear Tripster060,

Thank you for your recent patronage and for the excellent feedback regarding the services provided by our staff. We will be more than happy to be of service to you in the near future.

Langkawi, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

One if my favorites in Ortigas rooms good , breakfast could do with improvement they always run out of eggs , don't have omlettes , limited cereals . 4 star rooms , 2 star food . Rooms are better than holiday inn located closeby

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Adrewking
Dear Adrewking,

Thank you for your excellent feedback. Rest assured that these will be shared and will be reviewed with the Team. We are looking forward to your return visit to The Linden Suites in the not too distant future. Regards.

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2011

From the moment we walked in, staff treated us with politeness, courtesy and respect throughout our stay. Special mention to the brkfast rm staff who were always very attentive. 4 members of our family stayed a total of 3 wks in a 2-bdrm suite both in Tower I and II. Tower I had the higher ceilings,bigger bdrms&washrooms while Tower II had the bigger living/dining and kitchenette. We had a great view which kept us entertained each day. A single call to the front desk for any requests/concerns were immediately addressed. The delicious buffet breakfast prepared us for the day ahead and the varying menu catered to both local and international tastes. SM Megamall was a 15 min.walk and just a few steps away were also a minimart and a 711. There was a laundromat in the vicinity with free pickup/delivery with next day turnover. Taxicabs were readily available and flagged by staff if requested. Internet service was available but it did not come free with the room nor was there an area for a free WIFI. If req’d, the cost was additional and quite expensive. Overall our experience at Linden was excellent mainly due to its people and its service. If only Linden could offer complementary internet,we will not have to think twice on choosing Linden over other hotels the next time around.

Room Tip: Tower I had higher ceilings and bigger bedrooms
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank msbtan
TLS-FODM, General Manager at The Linden Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2011
Dear msbtan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your invaluable feedback. We appreciate your observations and have discussed this with the management team for details of your specific experience. We would like to assure you that we strive to ensure every guest of the hotel and restaurant leaves with a positive, lasting impression.

We hope you will allow us the opportunity to create an indelible memory of you in the near future.

Regards,