“Treated us very well”
Review of The Mabuhay Manor

The Mabuhay Manor
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Pasay
Reviewed March 24, 2010

When we landed in Manila, we spontaneously decided to stay in Manila for a day instead of going to Alongapo, which ended up 2 days instead.
The hotel drove us to the hotel.
We got the junior suite because it was the only room available during that time. They treated us very well. I was too sick to go anywhere. They lady tried to make us very comfortable there. She mentioned if we need anything, don't hesitate to call anytime. She had someone come over to check my blood pressure to make sure everything is okay.
The price is great and we didn't feel like we were being over priced. We asked to go to the drug store. The security guard round us up with a pedicab and told him where we need to go. When we came back from the trip, the pedicab gave us the price and everyone echoed the price to make sure we were not being overpriced.
They made us feel very special and didn't feel like were were being nickle and dimed us.
We have stayed in EDSA Shangri-la manila within the same month and we overall liked the Mabuhay Manor. EDSA Shangri-la was great but we felt like we were overpriced.

There is some flaws in Mabuhay Manor. The blanket was not fluffy. The Philippines cuisine was really good, but the American cuisine did not taste like American food.

I really like the way they treated us, the fish market and focused on theFflippino culture.

Thanks Mabuhay Manor for making us special.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank gadget5555
Write a ReviewReviews (1,033)

Reviewed March 10, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one week before our flight back here in Norway, well I booked via telephone as I had no internet in the barrio were we lived. Our 3,850 pesos per day was lowered to 2,700 pesos per day ( i should say i asked them for it, since it is a long stay.) We got the room on the 3rd floor as I requested knowing there would be lots of traffic on the road, since it is just a matter of 3 minutes walking, then you are already in Baclaran. ( being a filipina i had a great time shopping there alone but highly not recommended to foreigners. ) Well at that time of the year, was the WINTER OLYMPIC GAMES, so my husband was being entertained on the television all the time while I did the shopping at Baclaran.The pool was not so big but the Sutukil Restaurant was really fabulous. But a little bit weird, they dont have big beds for a couple, instead two medium size big in their rooms,(take a look closely at their pics on their website, this hotel was formerly Anito Motel so probably they havent change since.

One thing, which we were not satisfied was there were millions of mosquitoes on the lobby on night time, mosquitoes bite not only one or two bites but around 20 bites on each leg, I was biten too but I moved my legs all the time so i got only a few bites. Actually his bites from mosquitoes made me a little bit nervous, but it got healed just when we were about to check out after using several anti-scratchy ointment. It is scary because it can lead to Dengue Fever. I think the live plants they have inside the lobby are mosquitoes' favorite, have seen those ugly plastic flowers on their lobby and one on the top door before you enter the elevator, they were full dust- those can be hiding places of mosquitoes as well. Have seen one cockroach in our room and one cockroach on the swimming pool side. ( cockroach i think is very difficult to get rid of esp. in Manila)

My husband was satisfied with the buffet breakfast but for me it is more just the same everyday. But I enjoyed the salted eggs and tomatoes a lot, so it was ok.

Jerry and Bong have been accommodating in the way they handle our stay, in terms of payment . I would like to say a big thank you to Charmaine on the reservation call- making possible with our discounts.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank norskeektepar
Reviewed March 9, 2010

we stayed at mabuhay manor last dec.9 -12 and back again jan 11-13..we were exhausted from a 24 hours trip from oslo..one of our baggage was missing...good thing that there was somebody waiting for us.. when we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by the staff and waited few minutes before we were escorted to our room..our room was big..the breakfast was buffet with filipino dishes..the swimming pool was cold..nice to swim..the restaurant was a bit pricey but they served big prawns..my husband liked it very much..i like the hotel because it is close to mall of asia..they have a van which will bring you to mall of asia with a minimum payment..20 pesos per person..and if you wanted it all by yourself..just pay 200 pesos...if you are done shopping and wanted to be fetched..just call them..and they are going to fetch you..there are many fastfoods near the hotel..i love going to chowking..order some chinese dishes..free wifi at the room...honest staff.. you can leave your important things and nothing will be lost...

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank audmonamikaela
Reviewed February 13, 2010

I book thru another company because they were $14.00 less per night, if you do this be sure to bring your confirmation with you because their system does not recognize your reservation. We only stayed one day on our return this time because we didn't book with them even though the reservation was supposed to include a transfer no one picked us up.

It is important for travelers to realize this is not the Crown Plaza and you are not paying those rates either so do you get what you pay for, in most cases I would say yes you do. Could the place use some fresh paint yes it could but then again they were just recovering from the flood also and that was cleaned up so I had to ask if they were effected and yes they were, so nice job getting that taken care of.

Our room was ok again for what we pay there, be realistic in your expectations the sheets were clean and the room was as well, soap, hot water, clean towels that is pretty much what we expect for this price range.

What you do get that is probably more than you would get at most places for the price. The service is pretty decent and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

We were on the 0630 flight to DTW so we had to go early to the airport wit our wake up call we also had coffee and hot chocolate and egg sandwiches waiting in the lobby for our return to the airport the fee was a very reasonable p250 less than half of what we paid for the airport taxi on arrival.

I have traveled to many countries and own a travel agency so I have written many reviews on various Hotels and Resorts around the world.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank traveled0ne
Reviewed February 11, 2010

I sent the email below to customer service hoping to get some answer/ response but NO- no response at all. So people, never book to this hotel!!!! I am so done with them. Even if you try to call them, no answer at all!! What a waste of my time.

On Jan 3 I book my mom a room to stay in your hotel for Jan. 24. I was not informed that you need to sign in my credit card upon checking in. This is not part of the policy written below. But you have this noted that your credit card will be charged USD
60.00 for No-show: If you do not arrive or fail to arrive at the hotel by 06:00
25 JAN 2010, your credit card will be charged USD 60.00. So you can take out money for a No Show but you cant take out the remaining balance in my card upon check in? That is ridiculous!!! The hotel receptionist Paul only give me this number to call 27022701. To think that it was already 10pm and my mom has been waiting in the lobby to resolve the issue when she is suppose to check in already to get some rest for an early flight. A Mel Caliwan answered but he cant help and they cant do anything about it coz only the online the reservation will deal with it. This only shows how poor your customer service is and communication is. That's why I am sending this complain for such inconvenience you have caused us with your service. If this has been explained well by your representative upon booking and not just say YES we can take out the balance in your credit card upon check in then this could have been avoided. But all you were thinking was the sales and this is what I got. A big misunderstanding and poor service! Since you already took 10% of my credit card then really this is your way of stealing money to your customers by being sneaky with your policy and not explaining it well.Mabuhay Manor sounds inviting at first having recommended by a family member but this has been a terrible experience. All you can say is we cant do anything about it. I would say your service and policy is very poor and you should do something about it. For sure I will not recommend anybody to stay at your hotel!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank TravellinDani
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed January 27, 2010

• Stayed: January 2010
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed January 26, 2010

• Stayed: January 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
Kabayan Hotel Pasay
Hotel 101 Manila
Hotel 101 Manila
#13 of 33 in Pasay
Red Planet Manila Aseana City

Been to The Mabuhay Manor? Share your experiences!