“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
Adelaide
“Clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a one night stop over at the Mabuhay Manor. It was clean, comfortable and very close to an eating place and best of all the street markets. The reason I have not rated the fitness centre and spa is because we did not use them. The location is near the biggest Asian shopping centre which is worth a visit to, but expensive. I would stay here again for sure. Free wifi is available and the service is great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kerri09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed here two separate nights on our trip to the Philippines. On both occasions the service was excellent and rooms were good value. Mabuhay Manor provide a airport pick-up and drop-off service which takes the hastle out of using taxi's. On both our stays here the rooms were clean and simple, breakfast was a good mix of local and western foods. Would definitely stay at Mabuhay Manor next time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel in March 2013 as a stopover for the night before flying from Manila, a long drive from my family's home in Baguio City. I travelled to Manila with my mother, aunt, grandfather and two cousins. The only reason for the stay over was because my grandfather is not well and we needed a place for him to rest as he is on dialysis.

We arrived at around 1pm and the deluxe room was not ready despite telling them we would be checking in early when making the booking which didn't seem to be a problem or attract an additional charge. We went away for a spot of shopping and returned at about 5pm. We checked in which is where the first problem lay. I had originally booked the room for 4 people but later amended the booking for 6 people. They only had record of me making a booking for 4 people despite having already taken money for the reservation for 6 people. They then wanted me to pay for the additional 2 people which I originally refused. I tried to get a copy of the email for my booking but owing to a technical hitch with my iPad I was unable to do the immediately. Feeling under pressure because my grandfather had to rest I paid the money for the additional 2 people and then and we made our way to the room, whilst being assured they would look into the issue with my booking.

When we arrived there were no towels, soap, toilet paper, complementary water or slippers (both a provision of the hotel). I called reception and asked for these items to be brought to the room as soon as possible. I waited around 30 minutes before making my way down to reception to get these items myself. They were only able to give me the toilet paper straight away and told me the rest would be brought up soon. An apology was not forthcoming at this point.

I waited a further 30 minutes before again going down to get towels, soap, water and slippers, this time with my tow cousins. Whilst we waited for these items my cousins overheard some of the staff talking about me and my family, unfortunately nothing that would be appropriate in this forum. I suppose they assumed that because I was speaking English to them, my cousins would not understand Tagalog. Basically, it went along the lines of they didn't want us in the hotel and they thought we were demanding. I don't think wanting the basics is demanding at all.

Later in the evening it turned out that they had found my amended booking and decided the best way to tell me was to call our room at 11:30pm. I would call the stupid and inconsiderate. Who calls their guests at 11:30pm? I was disgusted as it had woken everyone up and we were checking out at 04:00am to catch an early flight. On check out they could only apologise but the damage was done. Also, I was told that the extra money I had paid for their error could not be refunded to me then and there as their accounting department was not open. This I did not understand. I chased the refund up on my arrival in London and I am still waiting for the refund almost a month later.

I've now made a mental note to myself, 'Don't book this hotel again under any circumstances'. The service was terrible and down right rude with the employees talking about us in front of us. If they couldn't do something it was always made out that their hands were tied and it wasn't within their power to remedy. I really can't give this place a recommendation except for 'don't go there'!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank barefoot82

Travelers are raving about these Pasay hotels

San Francisco Bay Area, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here with my folks a few years ago, probably 2008? The trip advisor form won't let me add the real date.

Staff - welcoming and helpful
Accommodations - very clean, though not plush. But definitely adequate for a few nights. I believe there are rooms set up for several people traveling together (several twin beds). Not a romantic getaway place, and certainly not considered 'luxe' but would be a great place to stay on your nights in and out of Manila en route to other locations. Good for families, but be forewarned that I did notice some male tourists staying at the hotel who seemed to be doing particular sightseeing involving female companionship. This is sadly commonplace in the country, but more prevalent in this neighborhood.
Food - breakfast buffet was delicious. Staff were very pleasant and friendly. The restaurant by the pool was actually the place where we had one of our best meals of the trip. Fresh grilled pork belly, local fish called Lapu-Lapu cooked in a soup....simple but truly delicious.
Location - close to the airport. But I think the appeal stops there in terms of location. The hotel is tucked away behind a busy area full of jeepneys and I believe a flea market. The hotel is quiet, but access in and out of the hotel tends to be...congested and busy, and a bit unsavory.

Not sure I would stay there again, though really, the food might bring me back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Anyone who is used to stopovers (or layovers if you prefer) in Manila, will know that the hotels positioning themselves as 'airport hotels' are pretty miserable, as a general rule.

This hotel gets my vote time and again. Why? Well its very clean, colourful and has a pleasant friendly welcoming ambiance, which, after you've flown in and your tired, definitely picks you up. The rooms are spacious, ensuite bathrooms clean and aircon generally not too noisy; you're not staying here for wonderful views from your window. Beds okay and linen satisfactory. Breakfast has a range of fruit, cereals, toast - as well as a wonderful array of more local fish and rice dishes.

Allow 15 minutes to/from Airport terminals 1-3, slightly longer for the older domestic airport. One thing to watch out for is getting picked up from the airport - piece of advice - make sure you remind the hotel of your arrival time on the day you fly, advanced bookings have occasionally been forgotten about when we've stayed.

Room Tip: if you're travelling as a couple and want a good night's sleep, try and book a room with two...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
california
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

we stayed in this hotel for 4 days,3 nights, we had a deluxe room,it was clean & good size room,i tried opening the window,but i was told not to,mosquitoes will get in the room and besides there was no view,so the windows are always close,i feel like i was in a prison cell,i love sunshine,i did not get it. i complained & we were moved to another room,but it was still the same,i was so frustrated. their amenities was very basic.they are not cheap at all.i've stayed in many hotels,this hotel is the worst,their price is like a 5 star in cebu city ,the breakfast was ok.i thought this hotel is affordable,wrong, i don't think i will book in this hotel again.

Room Tip: try to get a room where you can open the windows.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank gdpaw
Tallinn, Estonia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed there for 1 night. Convienently located near the airport and the Mall of Asia was the reason we chose this hotel. It wasn’t easy to find, located in a small street. Very simple, but clean and spacious room with very large bathroom. We asked to borrow an electric adaptor, but they only sell them, so we bought one, it cost only 70 PHP. The breakfast was good, but nothing special. The staff was friendly. We used the pool, it was clean and good size.

We didn’t go to walk at night, but in the daytime we felt totally safe walking around.

Decent hotel, but would choose a different one next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple