“Nice accommodations, but beware of "extra" charges!”
Review of The Mabuhay Manor

The Mabuhay Manor
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Nice rooms, nice dining area and very good breakfast buffet. Staff all very friendly. Spa services very reasonable. Pool was never very warm, and only a few lounge chairs available. We did have issues with "extra" charges. Asked for 2 extra towels and were charged for 4. Make sure you get receipts every time you pay for food or drinks, otherwise it will appear on your room tab again, and strongly advise not taking anything from bar fridge! We were also quoted a price for transportation back to the airport, and once we were all loaded into the vans, they tried to charge us an extra 150 pesos for our luggage. Disappointing to feel "nickel and dimed".

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joanne J
There are newer reviews for The Mabuhay Manor

Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel owns a good location which is close to Manila INTL airport. It also offers picking-up service and free Buffet Breakfast. Compared with other Philipines hotels- I would say this hotel is safe, comfortable, and tasty(breafast). This hotel is very friendly to Chinese Tourists , and has over than 5 CHinese TV channels. Will be back to the hotel next time, however, I want to suggest this hotel to clean the swimming pool as frequent as it can. The hotel restaurant offers traditional Philipine food and snacks- very very tasty ! Don't miss out the Breakfast in this hotel.這間旅館的床非常舒適 免費的早餐十分可口 亦提供了機場接送服務(雖然我的接送部分他遲到了十分鐘) 這間旅館旁邊就是菜市場 即有販賣傳統南洋水果 與 小東西 十分適合華人來居住

Room Tip: the "street side" rooms are not good.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2013

About a 10-15 min cab ride from the airport (seeTIP #1&2)

We were greeted with smiles by the helpful and courteous staff who were dressed in Barong and filipiñana wear( it's the little details that make the experience )

The room was spacious and very tidy PLUS complimentary "Tsinelas" (rubber Slipper) the bathroom was clean one thing is I wish that they had more sockets so I can recharge my gadgets ( iPhone, IPad, and two digital cameras along with battery charges- yeah I have tons on gadgets)
We got a room that was close to the street but I did not mind the sounds of Manila waking me up (in fact i miss it) the next morning, though if you are a light sleeper request a room away from the street

Breakfast was truly PINOY with a variety of choices of continental as well;)
The ambiance was very calming and not the hustle bustle of the city outside, the staff were well trained, courteous and attentive and always SMILING;)
And to top it off they had a TAHO person!!!! Also in full traditional Baro (traditional wear) again it's the details;)

We had an amazing experience at this hotel and will be looking forward to staying here again when we come back for a vacation

TIP#1: upon exiting the airport insist on going to a meter taxicab fare is about 120 pesos- DO NOT go for private taxi cabs which will charge you up to 750 Pesos.

TIP#2 : DIRECTIONS from the airport after 10 pm INSIST on taking Roxas Blvd then make a right on Ortigas Street after "JOLIBEE" and it should be on your left side
Before 9pm have the taxi take you through Quirinio Ave which turns into FB Harrison and make a left on Ortigas Street

TIP#3: Nearby attractions- MALL of Asia (300 Peso Shuttle so if there are 2 or more people its totally worth it plus they can pick you up a well) or about a 150-200 peso cab ride-- CAUTION- at night the taxi cab will quote you a flat rate 250 pesos and up DO NOT OBLIGE !!!!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank BigBoy_Travels
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights in November 2012, the rooms are spacious, but a bit tired.
When we arrived we saw some cockroaches, the staff gave the room a good spray and that seemed to work as we didn't see anymore.
We chose the hotel for its convenient location close the Mall of Asia and the Airport, even though the hotel is only a few hundred metres from Roxas Boulevard and some restuarants, the immediate area around the hotel is not very nice and I wouldn't recomend anyone walking through it late at night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Colinswood
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed one night only at this hotel so that I can depart early in the morning to catch my flight. I had arrived early at 11am and on entering the reception desk observed a sign stating that booking in time is 2pm. A lone female person was handling several customers at one time. I was surprised how quickly she handled customers. I presented my booking details and around 5 minutes later I was given my room keys and shown to my room. I was impressed as I thought I may have to wait until 2pm. I had booked a deluxe room and was happy with the size. Inside were 2 large comfortable single beds, 2 tables and 3 chairs. The bathroom was clean and functional. The only thing I found strange at this hotel is around 9pm a young lass would walk through the hall way yelling out for customers to buy eggs. I don’t know what that was all about. Anyway there is number of eateries within the hotel and found the food extremely good and the seafood I had very fresh. I arranged hotel transfer to the airport. I could not fault this hotel and for people flying out of Manila it’s an ideal location. I will be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The hotel is close to the airport
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Maz092
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My wife and I got in late from Tokyo to Manila enroute to Boracay Island. We had no choice but to stay in a Manila airport hotel for the night before our very early departure for Boracay the next day. We got a fixed price airport cab to the hotel (650 PHP), only 10 Km away but the driver had trouble finding it. The roads around the airport were completely chaotic at 10 30 PM, and in fact the airport area has been deemed to be an unsafe place for US citizens by the State Department.
This hotel is in an very dodgy part of town, and my overall impression of this place is extremely negative.
I have stayed in many hotels/motels in over 60 countries in the world, and there were very few which were worse than this place.
It was very dark throughout; there was a slight odour; the hotel lobby looked sketchy; my room had no window. The air conditioner in the room made a terrible racket all night making sleep very difficult. The bed was super firm and the pillows small and very soft making sleep difficult. The saving grace was the room was reasonably clean (the hardwood floors help), and the price was fair, esp when one free airport transfer was thrown in. Our price of $75 included a free breakfast which we didn't use as we mercifully checked out before 6 AM. I wasn't heartbroken for missing its breakfast. My wife and I bought food/hot drinks at the airport and were happy having breakfast there.
I looked at the Airport Marriott which I would have booked for almost 3 times the price if we had to stay in Manila for more than 12 hours. For only a 6-7 hours stay I chanced it with the Mabuhay Manor. In retrospect it was probably a mistake.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dr Andy S L
LHIC_Corp, General Manager at The Mabuhay Manor, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

On behalf of the Management and Staff of the Mabuhay Manor, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort that you and your family experienced during your recent stay with us.

We acknowledge the improvements needed with our rooms and to consistently deliver for guests comfort and satisfaction. Please be assured that the matter has been arrested. For 2013, our hotel rooms will undergo phased renovation, this will allow us to give a better experience for all our guests.

Again, our apologies and we hope that, post renovation you would consider to try our new rooms on your next visit to the Philippines.

James B. Lising

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Did not meet expectations...room was tired but clean....no windows/natural light which detracted c
from the quality. No restaurants near the hotel. Breakfast was good as was the service. It was fine for a one night stay, but I can not recommend it for more than a night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with windows and natural light. Don't have high expectat!ions
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
LHIC_Corp, General Manager at The Mabuhay Manor, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Greetings from the Mabuhay Manor.

Thank you for your review and appreciate your improvement comments – Hotel Management is pleased to advise that our hotel rooms are scheduled for refurbishment in mid-2013. This aims to provide more comfort and convenience to all our guests.

We will maintain and keep to customer delight on our food and beverage offerings.

We hope that you would consider to stay with us again on your next visit to the Philippines and experience our new rooms and new food and beverage offerings.

Thank you and God bless!