“very huge mall”

and up
Private Old and New Manila City Tour
Ranked #1 of 5 Shopping in Pasay
More attraction details
Owner description: Mall of Asia is dubbed the largest mall in Asia with a variety of stores, eateries and entertainment options.
Jakarta
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“very huge mall”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

very huge mall. i came here from malate area board yellow line lrt and stopped at edsa stasiun. the taking jeepney to moa. in front moa you can see a big globe. and at the back side of moa there's a ferris wheel named manila eye.

3 Thank sosweetme

• Thai first
Taipei
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Highly Recommeded Shopping Mall”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

It is huge, indeed. Just did not have time to walk through all of it.

The first place went to was this eyeglasses shop because I did not bring my reading glasses. The security guard was helpful to point us to the right direction. The price was reasonable enough so I bought the eyeglasses and it came with a hard shell case. That's interesting. The 2nd floor shop has so many kinds of eyeglasses to choose from.

We then decided to take our early dinner at this plush steak restaurant. We did not order much, just salad, pizza and spaghetti that cost us 1400+php. It was a nice meal, though could be cheaper somewhere else. The restaurant has a sunset view on the Manila Bay and most guests were seated at tables with the best view.

Then we went to this line of cellular phone shops to see current prices of those iPads. It's good they put the same product line in one area.

I think you could spend your whole day shopping there and all your money there. Just shop and eat wisely according to your budget and needs. Lastly, a few years back I was able to connect to the free wifi but not this time. Maybe it's my location.

1 Thank ipctaiwan
Guangzhou, China
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Huge...Yes. Hectic & Overwhelming...also, Yes.”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I can imagine you could spend several days shopping here and not see everything. We only went to get a flavor and were totally overwhelmed. There were so many people everywhere (and we live in a city with 20 million people in China), though we did just come from Bohol that morning so may have not been ready to adjust to crouds, yet.

The sunset was nice, but following that, finding a decent place to eat was difficult. We finally chose Gerry's Grill at the recommendation of two locals...it is a giant miss. The best food we had was at the Turkish stand (and it wasn't great either).

But, everyone seemed to be happy, and if you manage to find a good place to eat and don't mind giant crowds, you might like it here.

1 Thank rybickij
Plymouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

When I first went to this Mall,I had no idea is was so huge,you could spend a whole day in there and still not go into every shop!I've been there a few times now,and I still find it to be an awesome place!My favourite shop was 'Kultura',crammed with everything Filipino,I could have just spent the whole day in there,it was fascinating!Great place to meet and eat with friends and family,very clean everywhere,the shop assistants were also helpful and cheerful.Will certainly go there again!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Davidrecordman
Munich, Germany
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“pretty overwhelming with so many people”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Billed as the largest mall in Asia and the third largest mall in the world. The Mall of Asia (MOA) is very impressive. Many stores with lots of treats. As an American it was amazing that a movie was the equivalent of 5USD per ticket. The "center stage" theatre has spacious seating in a two-level area. Hot dogs and pop corn are on sale inside the theatre before the movie. 110Pp (less than 3USD) for a hot dog, popcorn and a drink.
The system to get a taxi outside the mall would be effective if taxi drivers were not selective. That is, it is impossible to get a taxi in the "taxi bay" in the front of the mall. Lots of customers but no taxi's. Taxi's drove around the mall, where they were not supposed to stop, and looked for customers they preferred. We were selected over locals due to our looks. It was a terrible feeling but we wanted to get to our hotel.
The night at MOA we showed up was the night PSY, Gangnam Style, was in concert. My guess is every Friday and Saturday night is crowded. A great place to see that Filipino's have lots of money to spend, if marketed to their purchasing wants and needs. High end shops appeared to be empty while food that appealed to Filipino tastes were busy. SM (department store) is the anchor merchant.

3 Thank lawrenceuwg