“Fantastic”

Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
Puchong
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I have stayed here many times on my business trip. Room rate include breakfast and lunch. Located just next to the Taft MRT and EDSA LRT and the MetroPoint Mall. Some room rates include complementary airport pickup. If you take the Philtranco bus from Clark Airport, its station is only 5 mins walk to the hotel. Also have free wifi. Room is cleaned everyday. I have stayed in many hotels in Manila and petsonally think this hotel is the best value for your money.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank David_TanPuchong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London
Reviewed May 12, 2011

My family of four stayed here twice:the first was on the night we arrived in Manila and re-booked on our way to the province. We've arranged them to pick us up and very pleased that they were there on time and waited for us, as it took us a long while to get out of the custom. The staff (both who picked us at the airport and at the hotel, are all accommodating and courteous). The room is spacious and clean; provided basic toiletries. One thing my husband and I noticed is the mattress is so firm to the degree of being like a hard rock. The breakfast meal obviously caters mainly for returning overseas Filipinos workers. Would have been good if there are selection of cereals or toast bread. The location is in a heavy, busy traffic thoroughfare but pleased that they granted my request and allocated us a room away from the traffic noise. Outside the hotel feels so dodgy as there are unsuspecting character looking, who pushes you to get on the taxi as soon as they've spotted you coming out of the hotel. These guys looks for taxi passengers and don't be fool as they expect you to give them tips. It's a nominal fee but it's so overwhelming as it doesn't allow you to pick and choose the taxi you want to ride in. The trick is to get advised from the hotel security guards. This hotel is close MetroCity Mall which needs facelift and Lana Dept Store; close proximity to MOA and to some tourist attractions. I will stay here again for affordability, accessible and good service.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Kristine84_11
Davao
Reviewed May 3, 2011

We actually stayed there last summer of 2010. My friend recommended me to this hotel giving me good reviews and such. I agreed with her. After a vacation in Baguio we extended our stay at Manila to tour in other places and stayed at kabayan hotel. the lobby was nice, clean but we weren't entertained very well maybe because we have many tattoos on our body. they gave us a room in the extended building. I called it death bed because the room is infested with roaches and black ants! IT WAS PURE DISGUST! the food was even yuckier we decided to reject the complimentary breakfast and eat at tokyo tokyo which is better and cheaper! We stayed a lot of hours outside going to places because the hotel is disappointing..

Room Tip: There are better hotels in pasay! SURF THE NET!
  • Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Luna_DAVAO
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 7, 2011

We were looking for a cheaper but safe hotel close to the International airport and this was one of the few hotels in that area with good reviews so we decided to stay. We got picked up from the domestic airport for free and we paid about $10 dollars to get us to the International airport the next day. The room was OK. It was a little tiny but was clean. The location of the hotel is next to the monorail so it was a little noisy outside. The area also looked sketchy and dangerous but that's Manila. Once inside the hotel, I felt safer. We were only there for the night so we don't know what it's like during the day.

2 Thank ChasingSunset
San Francisco
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Well I really get pissed when someone does the ol bait and switch. I had been staying here for the past four visits to the Philippines while in transit through Manila. It was only intended to be a value hotel and a hoped for good night's sleep. Sleep being the operative word. So each time i make my reservation I tell them I dont want a room on the street side, near the elevator lobby and around noise sources. This year I made a reservation 6 months ahead and specifically asked for a room meeting those criteria. So I get there and the guy behind the counter gives me the noisy room. I rehash my reservation and show him my online request for QUIET room. Any he doesnt have any rooms away from the street. Completely filled or so he says, but if i pay $30 more I can upgrade...I do for a good sleep. So the upshot??? The room he gives me is the room that I had had the prior four visits, this is PURE BS! I figure he pocketed the money. Beware of this place.

6 Thank bobryan
Hiroshima
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We stayed one night waiting for a transit flight with Philippine airlines. I was concerned about the location of airport pickup, so I sent an enquiry email. I recieved a reply the very next day, which stated clearly where to wait for our airport pickup. The staff were friendly and helpful. The airport pickup service was great to have after a long flight, when you don't want the hassle of negotiating with a taxi driver. A microbus back to the airport the next day cost 300php (~$7US). Seems like a good location, as there is a small supermarket and a Western Union for changing money right next door, and a metro station is across the road. There was a lot of traffic noise, but we slept fine.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Barnos
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed March 23, 2011

The first place I stay at during my first trip to Manila. A very humble, clean and comfortable place to stay in the middle of busy and crowded Manila. Had a great stay. I (we) will be back. :)

1 Thank WenPao