“Excellent”

Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
Ottawa
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I am a fan of the Traders chain ... great value and, in my view, ideal for business travellers.

The Manila Traders is a good example of how Traders gets things right. It has everything for which one might wish but not too many extraneous and little used "frills." It is luxurious without being ostentatious and it provides very, very good value for money.

The hotel is a fairly quick ride in from the airport ~ but it's Manila so my experience may be rare.

I checked-in in the Traders Club lounge on the 19th floor. The process was quick, friendly and helpful: ensuring I would get the best (and cheaper) transport tot eh airport, etc.

The room is big, well equipped and comfortable. A great bed, a big TV, good desk and chair, etc. My only "complaint" is that the lighting in the bathroom is a bit low for those (few) travellers like mdd who are somewhat vision impaired.

The cocktails and snacks in the lounge were very, very nice - not up to Traders Hong Kong or Traders Singapore standard, but few hotels can be that good!

The lobby and adjacent restaurant are big and bright.

All the staff were courteous, friendly and helpful ~ that's a Philippines trademark.

The views of Manila Bay from the Traders Club lounge are wonderful.

I would not hesitate to recommend Traders Manila to anyone. I will continue to stay in Traders whenever I can.

Room Tip: I paid a premium of about $30.00 (Canadian) for the Traders Club room - worth it in my opinion.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Retired470

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Upon entering the hotel lobby, I am greeted by that unique yet comforting scent common to all Traders Hotels (when I stayed at Traders Hong-Kong, the familiar beguiling scent was also there!). It reminds me of homecooked meals and home when I was a child coming home from school.

Room Tip: You don't even have to bring slippers or toiletries. All rooms have new slippers, quality soap...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

4 Thank l_ilagan
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I like this hotel because of it's location on Roxas Blvd and the value for what you get. It's a mid-tier hotel with all modern amenities and comfort of a larger luxury hotel. There's a pastry shop in the lobby. Buffet breakfast is offered (Didn't get to try lunch or dinner) and pretty good. You have American, Continental, Asian selections. The staff is nice, friendly and very helpful.

I lost my camera either in a taxi cab or the hotel and the security and admin staff went beyond their duty to search, investigate, and complete a report (good news: I was able to replace the camera, thanks to Visa).

The only downside is that the neighboring buildings are old and not so pretty to look at. But I would recommend this to everyone. I like it.

Room Tip: Once you arrive in your room, make sure the air-conditioning is in working order.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jetters888
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I got a five nights vacation there. My experience is so good. I was warmly welcome by the bellboy and the receptionist provided a quick check-in. The room has no smell and well designed. I will return and recommend my friends about this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank John S
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The Traders Hotel is a nice little hotel that is not too far from many things in Manila. Due to the road construction in the area the front of the property looks like a war zone, but once you get past security and into the lobby all of that changes.

The staff at the hotel is great, they are friend and very helpful. The hotel appeared clean and well kept for its location and what is going on our front of the hotel.

The Room:

The room I was in was not that bad, it looked very good actually. Clean and well kept and the beds were comfortable. The only thing I have to say that I did not like is that the in room mini bar was never stocked, and the water in the bathroom leaked. I was not sure where it was coming from. The shower also is something to be desired as it is one of those half glass shower areas and no shower door. Basically you and everything in the bathroom takes a shower when you do. The TV was not very clear however that is to be expected in Manila considering all that goes on there. However I was able to get a few good shows on which was ok.

Room Service:

The room service menu is a bit limiting compared to what they have available in the restaurants they have on the property. The room service food is not too bad and the presentation of it is good as well. The servers are prompt and very friendly as well.

Lobby Restaurant:

The restaurant in the lobby area, just near the front desk does up an awesome buffet! The breakfast buffet is amazing, and the food is very good in appearance, presentation and taste. The staff is friendly, helpful and a bit funny when you talk with them about things.

Overall:
I would have to say that overall I enjoyed my stay at this property, and would do so again on my next visit to Manila for business or pleasure again. Very nicely done.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank E_White8989
Santa Barbara, California, Usa
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Every employee I deal with was very friendly, and helpful. Everyone so happy and full of energy makes you feel the hotel treats them good. They love their jobs and love to help you. I will always stay at Traders

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

3 Thank Kym M
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Checked straight of our flight from London, they had double booked us, but sorted out another hotel and when we returned the next day got an upgrade.
The view from the VIP bar is amazing.
Room was fab,staff friendly and accommodating.
The area around the hotel is not great or for the love traveller to be our and about it, I would recommend taxis every time.
Great hotel but location is limited on things to do, however for a short stay I'd def recommend it and it's close to the airport ( 15-20mins) and always ask for a meter in your taxi... It should cost no more than 400 peso

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple