“limited food selection, discourteous front desk staff”
Review of Hotel Jen Manila

Hotel Jen Manila
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Pasay
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I am not new to Latitude restaurant at the Traders Hotel Manila but my last visit was disappointing. The P988 per head buffet is not worth it since the selection are not that many compared with other restaurants like Vikings or Buffet 101. Also, front desk personnel were rude and it took me almost 6-7 minutes on the phone just to make a reservation. Parking was also terrible and asking directions over the phone from the hotel staff was not helpful either. I hope that hotel management will train its staff about basic courtesy.

note: this is an independent review based on my personal experience. I did not receive any compensation or anything from any party for this review.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 14, 2014

when we checked in we were told by the front counter that we could make a good deel by upgrade
so we upgraded my room so we got access to the Traders Lounge on the 19 floor.
I 'm sorry to say this but this was the first and last time I stayed at this hotel, I usually use Diamond hotel but wanted some variety.
There was a good check-in .
The room was lovely .
The TV did not work on arrival , there was a field service personnel , just to reset this and that we could do so even once everyday, it 's not good enough .
Internet worked, but very slowly.
We were only really disappointed when we got to the Traders Lounge on the 19 floor.
Both days hulk we ask several times for ordinary things teaspoon, HOT coffee.
And the breakfast was a huge disappointment .
There lacked EVERYTHING we were not late some days , but all the dishes were almost empty , there was no glass for milk, juice, ( milk and juice was warm ) again had to be asked several times , and the service was very invisible.
The breakfast was a huge flop. And it was a very bad idea to buy an upgrade
It must be said there is a fanatical views up there , and sitting well in the furniture.
The pool area is ok, but the prices are far too high for stand species 169.20 pesos for a coke ( 20 pesos ) only served in a box without glass or ice , I 'm glad I did not have had the whole family .
Now we have tried this hotel, it was expensive one that we usually use , but certainly very ring a what we 're used to

Room Tip: Dont ever opgrad
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ptrholm
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I had only one night here in Manila , but the staff , the room ,the view of my room ... all was perfect. I can recommended this hotel to everyone !!!
I hope that on the next visit I will have more time to explore the city and definitely I will be stay again in Traders .

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This hotel is convenient for the airport and trips to the museums at Rizal park and the historic Intramuros area, it's a little further to the malls of Makati but Mall of Asia is fairly close by. I didn't like our initial room allocation it was very tired looking despite being "deluxe" and wasn't fully set up (no menu, orientation cards etc); credit to the staff even though it was late we did manage to swap to a much nicer refurbished room.
The breakfast buffet and the Japanese restaurant were both very good. We didn't use the pool but it is quite small. We had a problem with the TV even after it was fixed, we had to unplug it to get it to go off. Free wifi was very good.
Why just an average review? I chose this hotel because of a stay at the Traders in Kuala Lumpur, that one was slick and glossy with a very buzzy bar and lots of other facilities and I was expecting similar here. This one is much more low key but a decent base. I didn't pick a Club room as we were just on a quick stop over but it would probably be a good choice as the Club lounge is the only public area on the top floor - with the view over Manila bay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed for 5 nights middle of Feb. 2014. Location of hotel is good as cabs are very cheap and close to main attractions. A 2-5 usd fare would take you a long ways. Suggest if possible to tour city on a Sunday other wise traffic is terrible slow. View from the room facing the harbor was super, higher the room the better. We were not comfortable walking outside of the hotel property at night. Breakfast was best by using buffet as staff could not figure out the menu and how to order...Japanese restaurant was awesome and we got to meet the Head chef "Hero". Overall we found the Hotel to be tired and in need of a makeover. Pool area is just Ok and very bare. Linens were not white anymore and were a light grey in color. Hotel is used by lots of tour companies and lobby can become very busy with the Chinese guests. We went to Mall of Asia for Dinner a few times as cabs were 2 usd and 197 places to eat. Hotel security is great and they take your safety very serious and only allow certain cabs. We just couldn't get excited with this hotel and would try another in the future. Staff were just doing there job with no emotion or enthusiasm, Traffic noise is very loud and we were on the 14 th floor...

Room Tip: .Higher is better, however a good view of the harbor brings all the traffic noise. i would ask if t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bernie B
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I had an excellent stay at the hotel. Services and food are very good with lots of choices. Rooms are clean with lots of amenities. Check out the suite room. Going to recommend to friends if they want to stay in Manila.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank vrodneymd
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Stay was excellent! Staff friendly and helpful. Food good as well. Love the bathroom products! The bottle of wine at check-in and daily fresh fruits was awesome! Wish room would have had floating bathtub though. Lounge was wonderful, and evening cocktails and snacks awesome! Felt pampered and welcome.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
2 mi away
Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
Hotel 101 Manila
Hotel 101 Manila
#13 of 33 in Pasay

Been to Hotel Jen Manila? Share your experiences!