“Horrible! Dirty and badly needs renovation!”
Review of Hotel Jen Manila

Hotel Jen Manila
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here last March 2013 with 2 friends. Booked for 1 night but ended up checking out after 4 hours. The Hotel is very old and it looks like it's haunted. Don't get fooled with the pictures! Maybe in 1970's - this Hotel looks awesome but now it's just an old hotel that badly needs renovation, maybe a 2 star rating will do. I am staying in the top floor and it seems that nobody's there at all? I went up to the rooftop and saw the tiny swimming pool that they have. It seems that the swimming is so big in the pictures but really it's only like a kiddie pool. Everything is old. Think twice before booking in this Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank iTextSpeak
TradersH0telManila, General Manager at Hotel Jen Manila, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Ms. Elizaa10,
Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay last March. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered. We would be happy to speak with you regarding your concerns as it is our intention to improve our facilities and processes to serve you better. Appreciate if you could email me at gordon.aeria@tradershotels.com. In the meantime, you would be happy to note that we have completed our renovations including our swimming pool which was opened two weeks ago.

We look forward to hearing from you soon
Best Regards
Gordon Aeria

There are newer reviews for Hotel Jen Manila

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

My parents had their honeymoon here when it was still Holiday Inn instead of Traders Hotel. To celebrate their anniversary, we booked the exact room they stayed in many years ago and reserved dinner at Latitude.

I hadn't really stayed long, only to drop off a bouquet and scatter rose petals in the room before my parents arrive but I can safely recommend their rooms. Their interiors were class and clean. The place instantly made me feel like I was staying at those posh hotels in other countries.

But most importantly I commend their service. We booked for the early bird discount online and although there were small glitches in the reservation because I was requesting for a specific room, their staff was very accommodating to our requests and all the more accommodating to my parents. My parents were telling me how warmly they were greeted at the lobby and how surprised they were to receive a cake at the restaurant. Thank you Traders for helping us make their anniversary truly special and memorable. We'll be sure to come back :)

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank fmlov
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stay here whenever I can. The rooms are very comfortable, plenty of space, and clean. The amenities are perfect (pool, fitness center, lounge, restaurants). The staff is very friendly and helpful. The family always has a blast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
1  Thank Bob T
Reviewed July 7, 2013

our flight was delayed.Delta airline send us to traders hotel to get some rest while waiting for our flight. .They gave us 2 room for 5 of us.Our room is so nice over looking manila bay we stayed on the 12th floor.The breakfast buffet and lunch in the lattitude is realy good. Food has a lots of selection .Staffs are very accomodating .We are a large group.And they informed you in the tv for our pick up time for our flights.Will recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank esantosj
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We were treated very well. The staff was very helpful. The food was good. Room service was fast. I was very satisfied and impressed. I would definately stay at this hotel again and I would tell all my friends to stay too. We stayed on the 16th floor and had great views.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ShellyJ784
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Traders Hotel is a very clean hotel with great rooms, excellent staff and well priced. Its well located and easy to get safe taxis around the city. The higer floors have better views of Manila Bay. I would also upgrade to the Traders Club as its value for money including breakfast, coffee all day, afternoon tea and drinks/snack at night.

Room Tip: The higher floors have better views. I would also upgrade to Traders Club.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pudge M
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Arrival: Greeted but staff forgot to take luggage out of the Taxi... carried it my self... staff too busy chatting.
Check in: welcomed back however reception staff made attend of small talk several time as well as talking to other "Black Suited supervisors in Tagalog in order to get something confirmed"
Room Key was given after I insisted that I needed to get the Internet for a Conf Call... upon arrival in the room Maid Service was still in process...
Room: Stayed on 18 Floor view of the Harbor from the corner of the Window, in general room is acceptable but not for the price paid, value for money is good, Lighting in the Room is poor for reading, lighting in the Bathroom is poor. Noise from the adjacent room is intolerable from a Hotel of this (4 *) standard I am told...
Air Con: Had to be set on 18C to get a feel that it was working and this must be the loudest AC i had to sleep with in a long time.
F&B: Did only use Breakfast once in the lounge, selection if OK for a lounge.
Location: Probably the worst in a rain storm.... taxis would not take me back to the hotel during the storm and requested PHP 500 to go there claiming that the entire area was flooded.... which prove to be complete non sense... I now not the Hotels problems but this reflect on the service offered in Manila by Taxis....
I would ask serious business people to re-consider this hotel and personally would book another hotel in town next visit to Manila.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Philippe H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia
The Heritage Hotel Manila
The Henry Hotel Manila
Belmont Hotel Manila
Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
Hotel 101 Manila
Hotel 101 Manila
#13 of 31 in Pasay

Been to Hotel Jen Manila? Share your experiences!