2,233 results
All reviews close to the airport club floor free shuttle buffet breakfast is sm mall of asia short stay shuttle service manila taxi security filipino
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I first checked into the Heritage as a stopover in Manila before heading to Japan, and then again on my way back. I really liked the location of this hotel, very close to the airport, Malate and Mall of Asia as well as the LRT/MRT for Ayala and Makati. There is a vibrant nightlife around the hotel with some local markets just down the road which seem fairly safe although there were very few foreigners when I went there. Overall was a pleasant stay and seems there were a few families with children at the hotel which is always a good sign.

Room Tip: I had rooms that were facing the bay, which looks out towards Mall of Asia. Generally they were nice and had a good view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel during our vacation in Manila. Service is great. The counter were polite and helpful. Our room are facing a very busy main road, however, the noise level is average thanks to the double layered window. The room are spacious and comfortable. This hotel provides shuttle service to the Mall of Asia, which is great. Convenient access to the casino, which is just by the lobby. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2013

...I have to admit, it was a very decent stay. I just finished a stay there and would offer the following...

First of all the bad:
Location- Its right along EDSA, a main traffic artery in Manila. That should give you everything you need to know about the crowdedness, noise, etc. The other thing is that it is right near Baclaran which is an area known for its sketchiness. Walking around there in the daytime made me uneasy but bearable. Walking around nighttime can be quite scary, even if you do know how to handle yourself. The other environs around the hotel can be quite non-family friendly as there is the EDSA Entertainment Complex across the street nearby which caters to those of... prurient tastes. Oh that morning walk of shame can surely be interesting.
Age- The hotel is showing its age. You can tell.
Pool- The pool was closed for renovation. Not that that is necessarily a deal breaker for me but I brought board shorts in case I wanted to take a dip. Arrangements were made if you wanted to swim in the pool at the place next to the Heritage (Copacabana) but why leave the hotel to do that? So that was a non-starter.
Gym- Laughable. When you have a workout room which is maybe 10 X 10 with dumbbells going up to 45 lbs and a fairly inadequate bench with plates that most of the girls I work out with can lift, then you know you'll never get what you need. The cardio room offered a bit more but... the arrangement of the television was quite odd. If you were on the machines, you watched tv via the reflection in the mirror because your back was to it.
The breakfast- Get there early. They tend to not restock after a certain time. Otherwise the food was passable but unless its built in to your travel charge, forego it as it is expensive.

I know it seems like an overly negative review but let me get to
The Good:

The staff- Yes, sometimes even with a facility that can be subpar and a questionable location, the staff can make up for it. I HIGHLY COMMEND THE EMPLOYEES IN THIS HOTEL, ESPECIALLY THE HOUSEKEEPING GUY, IVAN, AND THE FRONT DESK ATTENDANT, BLESSY. Every single one of them from the restaurant employees to the security guards out front are just so damn helpful I was so impressed. Well done Heritage in training your employees in CS. Well done.

The room- I was upgraded from a basic room to a suite. Now, this is where the bias comes in. I don't know how the room I was supposed to get looked like but I was quite happy with the suite I got, even if it was on a smoking floor. LOVED it!
It also comes with a safe (which should be standard) and a fridge where you can stock your OWN things in.

Transportation- Walking around to where you need to go is NOT, let me repeat, NOT AN OPTION for those not from Manila. To put it bluntly, the place is crowded, hot, and scary. But there was NEVER a time I couldn't get a ride anywhere. Taxis abound and the guards will help you secure one if you need to. There's also a shuttle which will take you to the nearby Mall of Asia OR the Solaire Casino if you so desire. SInce the hotel is right along EDSA as well it puts you on a straight shot to Makati, Taguig, Ortigas, Mandaluyong, etc. Its also at a crossroads of the Coastal highway and the Roxas flyover thereby opening up more of Manila to you like Chinatown, Intramuros, etc.

Location- Very close to the Mall of Asia, Solaire, the SMX Convention Center, NAIA... enough said.

Overall, I was quite please with my stay. I will be staying there again if possible. I have no problems doing so and would recommend it as a hotel for couples or friends to stay in.

Room Tip: If you like to watch the hustle and bustle of Manila at its purest, get rooms facing EDSA. If you prefer quiet, ask for rooms facing the Copacabana hotel next door. Pray that you get an upgrade to a suite. If you get that for the price of the lesser expensive rooms, you will make out like a bandit.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kylerjalen
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. The location is great, actually within walking distance to the Mall of Asia if you can make it through the traffic. The staff is great, the buffet good. The room was average. I was unfortunate enough to get a room facing the street. The noise level was high, from the traffic and the propensity of Filipinos to honk their horn incessantly. But the room was comfortable and the air conditioning worked great.

Reserve 30 days in advance to get the best rate. Hotel has free shuttle service to the Mall of Asia and posts the information in the room. Also free shuttle to Resort World.

Room Tip: Request a room on the back side of the hotel, not facing the street.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AllenLeigh
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Had a three day stay here and it was okay, it is a bit pricey but the room was comfortable. There are cheaper places around the area but location is not always ideal.
Most staff where friendly but the front desk staff could be friendlier for sure.
Free shuttle to and from Mall of Asia every 2 hours.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple