“Too much of everything”

Ranked #3 of 39 things to do in Pasay
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I used to frequent this part of MOA every single day when I was in college because it's only a short walking distance from school. It used to be a simple Seaside attraction with just the row of restaurants and the fountain at the middle, so it was really serene and peaceful back then, with only a few people walking along the bay enjoying the sea breeze. I've seen this establishment develop from when they only had large rocks instead of the man-made wall to keep the kids from falling, to when only very few people enjoy their privacy with their partners or relax from a stressful day with their families, to what it is today - an amusement park by the sea. Who would have thought someone can turn this length of the seaside into an amusement park, and people actually patronize it? I like how people get so innovative and business-minded, I like how attractive and creative the rides are, I like seeing the kids enjoy in the park from daybreak to sunset, but whenever I visit the place at night time it gets too crowded, noisy, and jam-packed with kids who don't seem to get exhausted that instead of getting the relaxing and private feel it used to have I often get even more stressed out. Don't get me wrong, I like amusement parks and I have also tried their famous Gondola, I just think they could have built it somewhere more appropriate. Maybe it's just me, but I do miss the serene and peaceful park I used to visit a lot. Now the closest that I get is a view from the bridge or a dinner at one of the restaurants, no more relaxing by the sea. I guess too much of everything isn't always pleasant.

All reviews
in 20 reviews
"fireworks"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

A nice place to walk and enjoy the fresh air at night. My family and I regularly spend an hour or two here after shopping at Mall of Asia. Seafood restos are very popular in this area, but also bars like Padi's Point and many others offers live band performances at night. Lots of fun also for the kids, this place offers rides and many other activities.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We trekked last March to the MOA Bay Area Amusement Park. Our main goal was to try the MOA Eye. If you're adventuresome, then I'd say it's worth a try. I tried it out for the first time and took some pretty good photos. The gondolas are okay, not too big, not too small. Taking pics was a bit challenging but I managed to find some good enough shots despite the foggy windows. A night ride would be good and the view's spectacular. There are other rides, but we have yet to try them. Perhaps next time around.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were excited in going to MOA Eye from Alabang...graced through all the traffic and paid Php 300 (for 2 passengers) just to have a ferris wheel ride that overlooks the bay. However, we thought that everyone will just be boarding and the ride will at least take us 2 complete rounds...but NO! The slow boarding is what the ride is all about and once you reach the bottom, it's already over :(

Apparently, it was just a slow ride in an aircon car with a foggy window. Just thinking that a couple of hundred more, we will be enjoying a one-day fun in Enchanted Kingdom with enjoying rides more than just a ferris wheel that will give us a complete traditional ride other than just boarding.

16  Thank Mimi B
See more reviews
Reviewed April 12, 2013

If you travel to Philippines you usually drop off to Manila first. But if you wish to escape for a while (literally for a while) you can come and chill a bit with family and friends along side the bay. Couple of minutes from the Manila, airport and most hotels in Makati or Manila and tehre are tons to see and do here. There are kiddie rides which of course kids might enjoy. You can also just sit beside the bay and wait until the sun goes down and firework display starts. There are also tons of bars and restaurants around the area - if you are a music, food and beer kind of person. So I can say there's definitely something for everyone to enjoy - not unless you are a very very picky person.