“Best Chinese Foods but Expensive”
Review of Lugang Cafe

Lugang Cafe
Ranked #135 of 463 Restaurants in Pasay
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Cavite City, Philippines
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Chinese Foods but Expensive”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My family loves chinese foods, this place is also located at Sm Mall of Asia. The foods where kinda expensive but it was worth a taste, the food there were very delicious especially the dim sum dumplings, and also my favorite chinese food was the roast duck it was crispy and juicy meat. I hope we could go back and eat at their restaurant again :)

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank janineeallayza

Quezon City
“Authentic Chinese”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I can compare the dishes during my trip in Hong Kong. But Taking Lu gang Cafe as it is- I guess it was okay. The food was wonderful. Tastes authentic. The pineapple rice was interesting, aside from the fact that the rice is served in a pineapple-half it tastes really good! We loved the roast duck, it was so succulent. Crispy skin and juicy meat. I love their pork spareribs. It's topped with lots of green and red chili pepper, but it wasnt that spicy. The only thing I didnt like about the resto was the service. It didnt take long for our orders to arrive but some of the staff were rude (MOA branch). Our server told us that our orders are gonna take long so she suggested we order an appetizer (Xiao Long Bao). But the orders didnt take long, so we were like tricked for ordering the appetizer. I wasnt able to take pictures of the other dishes we ordered (Steamed Shrimp And Pork Shiao Mai- sooo good! Green Onion Beef Stir-Fry, Minced Pork In Spicy Peanut Sauce Over Noodles). All were good too.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Cosmic_Mermaid
Cebu City, Philippines
“Xiaolongbao was average, but try pan fried shiapao”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were killing time at MOA before heading to the airport and my wife and I decided to try Lugang Cafe because we saw that they served xiaolongbao, with a similar setup of making them like the award-winning Din Tai Fung we had tried in Singapore. So we ordered one order of the pork xiaolongbao and then wanted to try something different and ordered one order of pan fried siapao. Honestly, the xialongbao was kind of a let down compared to what we had previously tried. It was like I could taste individual spices in the broth inside rather than one consistent taste. The technique making them was also different, we could tell that they were wrapped (if that's the right word) a little differently.

But the pleasant surprise was the pan fried siapao. We ordered it just because it sounded interesting compared to the usual steamed siapao easily available throughout the Philippines. The taste was really nice as well as the texture, having a bit of a firmer bottom from the pan. And for the price, the 6 large siapao was a lot more filling than the 8 smaller xiaolongbao. The house tea was nice, even if they charged per person.

The service was good, without much wait for the food. The atmosphere was OK, but there was a small from something being cooked (radishes maybe?).

If I go back I think I will skip the xiaolongbao, because I have had much better, and go straight for the pan fried siapao. There were also a lot of other nice items on the menu that I would like to try.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Adam B
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,303 helpful votes
“Love their Xiaolongbao!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Whilst we were in the Mall of Asia we had to go a have some Xiaolongbao again just like we did 12 months prior. Again it was immensely enjoyable. We didnt dine there for a full lunch but merely had the snack of Xiaolongbao with tea and a San Miguel Light.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank tommomelbourne
Makati, Philippines
“Good Chinese Food”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Lugang Cafe located at SM Megamall is a chinese restaurant equisitely decorated. At first we were hesistant to try it as "luga" in tagalog means ear wax. Upon entering we were cordially greeted and seated at once. The shao lum bao is a must try. Excellent with the sauce it comes with. The garlic squid though tasted a bit dry and the dip that goes with it is inadequate in size. You can ask for more though. Although thewaiters were very efficient, they let a couple in the restaurant wearing shorts tank tops and slippers who looked unkempt who had a noisy infant with them which prompted us to transfer tables.

• Visited November 2012