“they have good spread”

Ranked #57 of 531 Restaurants in Pasay
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2013

buffet 101 has a good spread of items from dimsums to desserts, they have noodles, pasta, sushi, the works ... prepare yourself for a feast when you go. it can get really busy so better make your reservations when you are with a group.

3  Thank waget

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I went with my friends. I wasn't a fan of their food. maybe because they lack some pasta and fishes on their menu. but I took few rounds on their dessert! I like the crepe and their pastries.

1  Thank beestows
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is a quick review falling under the category "trapped again by TA's 'Where else have you eaten?'" lol Visited the branch at Magnolia mall sometime last month. This is your usual mid-range buffet. Lunch was maybe 50 items on chafing dishes, a sushi bar, dessert was a few pastries, fruits and a self service ice cream freezer. Highlight of this buffet for me was the live shrimp counter. The shrimp is netted out of a tank, tossed straight into a sizzling wok and served to you on a small saucer. Freshness considering you're eating something that was alive 2 minutes ago. Shakes and local beer are also included in this buffet but do indicate how you want your shake done. It's not a 5 star place. Mine is double serving of fruit, ice, no syrup, one and a half packets of splenda, well blended, please. They also have a self-serve fully automatic espresso machine using good local beans which I enjoyed although had to request warm milk from the kitchen as they only leave beside it packets of creamer. The sushi was just okay and the sashimi is fresh enough (really no excuse to go wrong with this here in the Philippines). The hot food was okay but not excellent. Still excellent value, especially for the lunch price of about 600 or 700 pesos, if I remember correctly. Can't complain.

2  Thank hav4wannatravel
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Having heard about the place, we visited it on a Sunday evening (had reserved, came at 7 pm and were told reservations were only good until 5:30 pm. Who has dinner at 5:30 pm??? Only in the Philippines). Not really packed (we had to wait only for about 15 minutes to get a table despite reservation, see above). Patrons (probably around 500-700) included high proportion of children, which guaranteed an average 80-85 decibels noise level making any civilized conversation with your table friends impossible. Don't look at the tables on your way to the buffet. Worse than the Satyricon of Fellini, despite the prompt and efficient cleaning service of an attentive staff. Obviously the crowd makes sure to get quantity for their money, despite the intelligent policy (not implemented as are usually rules in the Philippines, we checked) to charge an additional 400 pesos for left overs. Plates overflowing, on the floor and the tables. But if you are not disgusted when reaching it, the buffet is worth it. The majority of the food we tasted (in small quantities) was good. Some very good (Japanese fish cake, gratinated spinach, lamb). Some not (angus beef). Some creativity. Wine very average, but what to expect for the price... Quite remarkable variety and choice from Western to Japanese and Korean. Possibility to select your fish and have it fried or grilled on the spot. Near empty platters quickly replaced. A special mention for the deserts, specially the "verrines". An experience for sure. Which we will not renew despite the non arguable value for money. Probably best on week days lunch time (when cheapest). Between average and very good.

2  Thank oindu_des_Alpes
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I went here February 18, 2013 at lunch. I purchased the voucher thru ensogo. Lunch started 11am and it’s a bit disorganized as there are only 2 personnel's whose managing almost 75 guests and I thought that I have to fall in line so they could entertain my queries. Unfortunately they have to do this "roll call". Funny but yes it's true. So I waited in line for the next 10 minutes. It just so happen that when I'm the next in line to be entertained, she started to call each name on her list. After 5 minutes of calling the name of guest who manage to confirm their reservation, she started calling list of names of walk-in guest. I was able to cut her off because I am waiting 15 minutes waiting. I ask her nicely I called a week ago and responded to your text message yesterday confirming my reservation using ensogo voucher today. My name should be on your list already. She then acknowledges me and look like yes she oversight it. After almost 15 minutes finally, we were inside.
Foods are great. My boyfriend and I were very satisfied with viands but I suggest if they could add more options then it will be perfect. We manage to finish 2 mango juice and 7 water melon shakes so we end up burping and farting a lot. haha. All in all, food is good.

2  Thank drenerie