“Small Room, Small Bathroom, Wet floor”
Review of Remington Hotel

Remington Hotel
Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
Baguio, Philippines
“Small Room, Small Bathroom, Wet floor”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed with my family for one night before our flight to Legaspi. I was looking for a decent hotel that we can sleep comfortably. I booked through Agoda, and looked at the reviews and it seemed like it is a good enough hotel.

Location is great. Hotel is situated in Resorts World Manila adjacent to Newport City Mall. It is near NAIA terminal 3. McDonalds and a 7/11 are also around the area.

The front desk are really strict with their check-in time of 2pm. Even if I placed a request of an early check-in since we were coming from Baguio City plus my children were with me - still they insisted that we can only check in at 2pm. For a family friendly hotel - I would rate this hotel poorly.

2pm came, and we started our check-in process. We were given 7103. This was a standard room with no view. This is located next to the steps of the hotel, so you need to make sure that the curtains are drawn for some privacy. Beds were huge - so this is good, but the aircon was a bit of a headache. It was either too cold or too warm. Aircon remote was not working well.

Bathroom was TOO small and cramped. Shower area was small as well. If you are claustrophobic, then this is not the place for you. Try their premier room - it's probably bigger.

Floor in the whole room gets wet. Room doesn't have a very good ventilation, so if someone took a shower, expect that the floor will be soaking wet right after. Not too safe for toddlers!

Another thing I would appreciate with this hotel is they didn't ask for payment for an extra person in the room. Which is GREAT!

Breakfast is still in the Casino. So if you have kids with you, then they won't be able to eat with you. They will be gladly to offer packed breakfast for you if your flight is early in the morning or you have kids with you. However, this is not so great as well because what they'll pack is just different types of bread with butter. So not worth it.

Security in the hotel is taken seriously. Expect that each time you enter they will check your luggage. A trained dog is also available to sniff bombs or drugs in your belongings.

Parking is only 100 pesos for an overnight stay at the hotel. Otherwise, you need to pay at least 1000 pesos if you're not a guest at the hotel.

No swimming pool in this hotel. It will be good if there was!

Room Tip: Request for rooms with a view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank rbdsantiago

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Booked this hotel for 2 overnight stay (arrival and departure dates: 10 hours total spent in 2 days), prior to transporting to other parts of Philippines for meetings.
This hotel is located at Resort World Manila which provides a good location and amenities. Distance to airport is very near and that is the only plus point.
The room is bare minimal, the bathroom is very small and service slow.
Soundproofing is almost non-existent in this hotel, i can hear the neighbouring rooms clearly and lots of kids around, resulting in constant noise.
My advice for all future business traveler is: Book Hotel Intercon, Hotel Peninsula or Dusit Thani. Give this a miss otherwise you'll be a grumpy man/lady when you're checking out.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Pasay hotels

Manila
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

This budget hotel was not impressive as I would have hoped for. I was expecting they'll deliver an excellent service despite being a budget hotel since they're beside the Maxim's, Marriott hotel and Newport Mall in Resorts World. Well, while the lobby was impressive with nice decorations, the disappointment will come as soon as you see their narrow and kind of dark hallway. The room was cramped with limited available space for your luggages. I am very disappointed with the bathroom. You can't properly move inside. I tell you, you can't even raise your hand to reach on things (that's how small the area was). This hotel is good for just an overnight stay to avoid further disappointments.

Stayed December 2013
Helsinki
Reviewed June 20, 2014

The hotel is very close to the airport, although it depends on the terminal. The security check outside the hotel was surprising, but inside everything worked fine. Strangely, although we were 3 guys, we only got two beds. The breakfast was plentiful and the next building from the hotel was a casino/shopping centre.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jarska
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 19, 2014

The Remington Hotel consider yourself warned this hotel was very slow on everything. I had to wait about an hour and a half to check in I arrive early about 1pm still was not able to get a room that was ready till 3pm. the hotel is bare bones 2 queen sizes bed a bathroom. no desk, no chair, wifi is not available inside of the rooms, just in the hall way for access to wifi were there is no air conditioning the hall way. Room temperature is set at 21c no adjustment with the remote thats in the room for the air condition . Security is a joke at the hotel and at resorts world. the buffet over price $20usd per person plus the highest possible vat on a buffet made me pass on it. the only thing that was nice about this hotel is the lobby if it were clean other then that hotel key card deactivated on its own had to get my key cards reactive twice. I could only recommend this hotel if you just need a place to stay near the airport for about 12 hours or less I give this places 2 stars if you see this place for more then 55usd a night walk away you will get better service from the off brand hotels in the area again this place is good for spending a few hours close to the airport with free shuttle that runs on the hour other then that you have been warned. Vote with you money

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Tony F
the NYC
Reviewed June 18, 2014

When I stayed here in November 2013 it was a relatively new hotel, but it seemed incredibly old and dingy. The rooms have tile floors, very bare walls and a tiny (dirty) bathroom. It's reminiscent of a prison cell both in size and lack of adornment. It does have a nice breakfast buffet and decent common areas, but for the price it's not worth it. There are other hotels in the same area that I've heard are much better.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
manila
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Service seems to be the least priority of this hotel. We were very disappointed because staying in this hotel is not that cheap, and yet, service in less expensive budget hotels are much much better.

Our family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) stayed in a premier room on the second floor. Initially I wanted a room on a higher floor but I was told that premier rooms are located on the lower floors. It turned out to be a good thing for us because during our stay, the hotel had problems with electricity supply. We had to take the stairs to go up and down to our room because the hotel was running on generator and so only 1 elevator was working. Through the entire night, both aircon and lights were switching on and off intermittently which kept us awake. For this inconvenience, all we got from the hotel was a letter slipped under the door saying that the situation is beyond their control. We would've appreciated if the hotel had voluntarily given even just a small discount on our stay, since our stay had not been relaxing at all. Or even just a simple apology from the front desk staff upon check out would've been much appreciated. Instead, the situation had been conveniently overlooked by the hotel management and staff.

Second major disappointment : no one will tell you at the front desk upon check-in that you will need to secure a parking coupon from the concierge to avail of a fixed parking rate. What really got me disappointed was that upon check in, I specifically asked about overnight parking, if I can avail of a fixed rate. The front desk staff did not mention anything about a parking coupon. She just said I can avail of a fixed parking rate for as long as the car stays in the building overnight/straight. It was only when we got to the basement, AFTER taking the stairs from our room to the lobby (remember there were no elevators), and again the stairs from the lobby to the basement, that I was told I needed to go back up to the lobby to secure a parking coupon. I was begging the lady at the carpark cashier if she can just coordinate the paperwork between themselves because I had a back problem and it was very difficult for me to keep going up and down the stairs. No consideration at all. VERY VERY POOR SERVICE.

It was also in this hotel where we experienced walking along the hallway with our bags, and encountering a bellboy with a cart who did not give way and did not even acknowledge us. Just went straight looking for whatever room it was that he was headed to. We had to clear the way for him! We were also disappointed with the lady guard by the door who did not even bother to open the door for us. I guess being customer-focused is really not just in this hotel's company culture.

Lastly, when we checked out, the front desk staff did not even give me any statement of account. He just said, "ok na po" or "you're good to go" in English translation. I had to ask for a statement of account!

The only good thing about this hotel is the location. It's right across Resorts World so it's very convenient. If you're a foreign tourist though, I'd suggest staying somewhere else. This hotel is not worth it. Bed's ok. Bathroom's ok. It's really just the service and the way they treat their guests that's a big let down.

Will never stay there again and I will not recommend to anyone I know.

Room Tip: don't stay here
Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank happy_mommytraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
Belmont Hotel Manila
Manila Marriott Hotel
Go Hotels Manila Airport Road
The Mabuhay Manor
The Mabuhay Manor
#7 of 31 in Pasay
Maxims Hotel - Resorts World Manila
Kabayan Hotel Pasay

Been to Remington Hotel? Share your experiences!