“Top class hotel for a reasonable price”

Remington Hotel Manila
Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in Pasay
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Hotel staff are amazing everywhere. Lobby is gorgeous. Rooms are very functional and attractive, although washroom is a bit cramped. Free internet and good sized flat TV. I was able to leave excessive luggage with concierge for free for about 10 days. Also could park my rental car at the main entrance for about 90 mins. while waiting for car rental agent to pick it up. Only pet peeve is that they wouldn't allow free airport shuttle service private ITI terminal (near Terminal 3) and could not charge meals from attached buffet restaurant (with lobby entrance) to your room. Highly recommend for an airport sleep-over or longer.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
ResortsWorldMNL, Marketing at Remington Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We are pleased to know that your recent stay with us was pleasurable and satisfying. It is our commitment to provide you an excellent experience through quality service.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you and your family back soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed here for one night. We were backpacking and there were very few places to stay which were really close to the airport for a really early flight the next day. We were in the lobby trying to find our booking confirmation and the security guard kept looking at us as if we were really dodgy and then we heard him asking the receptionist what we were doing in there. Made us feel really out of place even though the hotel isn't that smart. The room was clean with a warm shower but no other amenities provided.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Shuttle going to the hotel from the airport takes a little longer when you miss the bus - its every hour but hotel is very convenient to airports.

I arrived early and I have to wait until 2PM to check in. Concierge was not helpful to give me directions and he was irritated. oh boy.

The room is not sound proof. I can hear footsteps and conversations outside and wakes me up in the middle of the night.

No hair dryer and kettle for hot water (which i think every hotel provides it) and I asked the house keeping if I could borrow, but the day is over and I checked out, nothing arrived.

Breakfast in this hotel is very good. That's a nice way to end my stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Good deals online.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Spartan accommodations. Provides clean, basic facilities, but nothing much to write about. Example is the one-temperature setting for shower, cannot turn it up or hotter than the preset temp. Limited amenities offered, no coffee or tea available in the room or even the lobby. I have to run to nearby McDonalds to buy early morning coffee. There is free breakfast of fried rice and meat and egg, and can be boxed if desired. No free parking. Wifi is available but can be spotty.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. A dog helps the security guards screen guests. Adjacent to Resort World with your choice of entertainment and dining options.

What brought me here is the availability of free shuttles to the airport. Need to register with the concierge, but I did not see any problem with the availability. Shuttles to Terminals 1, 2 and 3 are often, reliable, and quick. Nice to find a base to the airports when needed.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed two nights over there last January. Room is small and wi-fi is bad. If you look at the very small restroom you wouldn't like to take a bath. The good thing is the Hotel is close to the airport, have a lot of shuttles for free.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This hotel is located on the grounds of Resorts World Manila which was just built in 2009. There are many things to do including shopping, movie theater, and casino gaming. The rooms are all brand new and the facilities are beautiful. Admittedly the heavy security others have noted is a little off putting, but certainly necessary because of the ongoing disputes in the Southern Philippines.

I am surprised by all the negative reviews of this property. The rooms are a bit small, and the wi-fi is bad, but other than that I can't think of any other complaints. This place is absolutely perfect. The service is wonderful, and the staff is some of the most helpful I have ever come across- certainly better than the States. It is better than a lot of luxury hotels I have stayed at in America, and certainly better than many European hotels. I don't know where the people who have said that this hotel is just "ok" have stayed at, but I can tell you from my perspective of staying at many different hotels worldwide, that this place is an excellent choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the middle of the floor for best wi-fi signal.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank 148abel
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed here for a night before my flight in NAIA Terminal 3. Room was very functionalist, plain, not very artistic. Spacious room, a room for two can fit four people as there are two (almost) queen size beds. Bathroom is quite small because most of the space went to the room. In every floor they designed a sala with open air (windows only no aircon, very environment friendly) where one can eat/chill/work. They have free shuttle to all the terminals in the airport, it's on a first come first serve basis. Just make sure you know what time the shuttles leave as they don't wait. Also to get Remington, there are several shuttles spread out around Metro Manila which you can ride for free if you show your booking to the driver. My only concern during my stay is that their internet is crap. It's really slow and often disconnects.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Bernadette L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
Belmont Hotel Manila
Manila Marriott Hotel
The Mabuhay Manor
The Mabuhay Manor
#7 of 32 in Pasay
Maxims Hotel - Resorts World Manila
The Heritage Hotel Manila
Go Hotels Manila Airport Road

Been to Remington Hotel Manila? Share your experiences!